2017 NBA free agency thread

Discuss matters related to other teams, players, and/or the league in general.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

n8 the gr8
Likes given: 167

It's kind of too bad how this unfolded. Seemed like Hayward wanted to break the news with his own essay so he could say something nice to the fans in Utah, someone else leaked it and made a splash, Hayward's camp denied, Utah fans got their hopes up again, and then he made it official saying that he was.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 258

Will some other team fucking sign Rose already? Ill send over cash considerations
Boston_PuppyDawg
Likes given: 0

RFA Otto Porter has reached agreement on a four-year, $104M max deal with Brooklyn Nets, league sources tell The Vertical.
Calderon: "It’s no fun when you try to win for the Knicks and people want you out of the Knicks.” (2/18/16)
n8 the gr8

Boston_PuppyDawg wrote:RFA Otto Porter has reached agreement on a four-year, $104M max deal with Brooklyn Nets, league sources tell The Vertical.
BPD your threads would be the only news I need if you included the name of the person reporting these. Shams broke another one. :clap:

This is an interesting move for Brooklyn. They might not even be in the lottery by 2019 when they have their picks again.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

~Clyde
Boston_PuppyDawg

Free agent forward Patrick Patterson has agreed to a three-year, $16.4M deal with the Oklahoma City Thunder, league sources tell ESPN.
Calderon: "It’s no fun when you try to win for the Knicks and people want you out of the Knicks.” (2/18/16)
Boston_PuppyDawg

Most of these posts are copied and pasted just because I want the news delivered to you guys promptly...I refuse to take any credit for these posts....just passing the news along as I normally do
taowave
Likes given: 848

good Grief..

Dude put up 13 and 6 and will now be paid 26 mil per?????

WTF?????

Basketball is one fucked up sport..

Just sign and trade him to the Knicks for Melo :happy:

Boston_PuppyDawg wrote:RFA Otto Porter has reached agreement on a four-year, $104M max deal with Brooklyn Nets, league sources tell The Vertical.
Rusty La Rue
Likes given: 819

taowave wrote:good Grief..

Dude put up 13 and 6 and will now be paid 26 mil per?????

WTF?????

Basketball is one fucked up sport..

Just sign and trade him to the Knicks for Melo :happy:
Now we know his market value and I am ready to commit to Porter... The contracts would work so now we just need to persuade Melo and the Wizards to make this deal :drunk:
2023 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
"Everybody gets excited about youth except the coach, because he knows youth means mistakes, mistakes mean losses, losses means you're fired."
spree#8
Likes given: 548

Once he has signed the offer sheet, Washington can (and likely will) match, but they can't trade him anymore in a sign-and-trade. It' either Brooklyn or Washington.
#knickstape
Boston_PuppyDawg

Free agent JaVale McGee has a meeting set with Clippers today, sources tell ESPN. He's remained engaged with Warriors on return there.
Rusty La Rue
Likes given: 819

spree#8 wrote:Once he has signed the offer sheet, Washington can (and likely will) match, but they can't trade him anymore in a sign-and-trade. It' either Brooklyn or Washington.
Yeah of course that sucks... he shouldn't have signed that offer sheet :sadno: But he can be traded we just need to wait... Melo gets tired of the rebuild wizards start the season slowly and then we move in for the kill :drunk:
2023 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
"Everybody gets excited about youth except the coach, because he knows youth means mistakes, mistakes mean losses, losses means you're fired."
dcapodic

I know that Wash will most likely match this offer but....as bad a situation as the Nets are in based on what may become the worst trade in NBA history, they really are doing a lot of good things lately to turn things around. They hire one of the brightest young GM's available who hires an extremely experienced and hard working assistant to become the head coach....they turn the few assets they had into potential with Russell and a first rounder this year....and now they are using their cap space to be a potential facilitator for trades, taking chances on restricted frees, etc.

There is still a ways to go for them but there really seems to be a change in culture going on. I admire what they are doing and at the same time wonder....in a few years, will the Knicks be looking up at them despite the hole they put themselves into? A rebuild has to start in the front office and the Nets have done that. Let's see what the Knicks do but I am not hopeful.
- Me being the resident optimist around this cesspool of doom and gloom, StevoStarks, circa 2019
spree#8

To Hayward and his max: in my estimation the Celtics have to create just 134,412 dollars if they renounce everyone and waive the two un-guaranteed contracts (Mickey and Jackson) they still have to be able to offer Hayward the full max. So even if they want to keep this two, don't expect major shuffling by the Celtics. Just the renouncements/waivings and probably one trade if the full max is THAT important to Hayward. If they indeed offer Crowder, we should try our luck - though Ainge probably wants to get another draft pick...
#knickstape
spree#8

Hayward's player tribune post: https://theplayerstribune.com/gordon-ha ... gency-nba/

A good read.
#knickstape
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 258

When bench players make 30 mil a season critics will still say Melo is only about his money. SMH
Boston_PuppyDawg

@Wojespn: Free agent guard Nick Young has agreed to a one-year, $5.2M deal with the Golden State Warriors, agent Mark Bartelstein tells ESPN.
Boston_PuppyDawg

Indiana has waived guard Monta Ellis, league sources tell The Vertical.
Boston_PuppyDawg

Sources: Miami Heat and Dion Waiters are discussing a 4-year, $52 million deal.
n8 the gr8

Boston_PuppyDawg wrote:Indiana has waived guard Monta Ellis, league sources tell The Vertical.
If the Knicks start the season with Carmelo on the roster Indiana will draft Doncic. That's just how these things work out. Calling it now.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

~Clyde
shakespeare

New York never presented an offer sheet to Otto Porter?

We suck.
#TeamTank