Cavs improved their team, as if that was possible

Discuss matters related to other teams, players, and/or the league in general.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Cavs improved their team, as if that was possible

Postby shakespeare » September 29, 2017, 6:07 pm

I hardly believed it was possible for Cleveland to improve their team this offseason. But it appears they've done just that. I hated to see Kyrie leave, but barring injury to Thomas, Cavs walked away like bandits.

Celtics are still not beating Cavs in a playoff series and I don't know who everyone thinks Gordon Hayward is. Celtics traded Thomas, Crowder and Bradley, and lost Olynyk. They completely lost the heart and soul, the identity of their team, if you ask me. Brad Stevens is an excellent coach but even he admits Boston lost its grit this offseason.

To me, what gets lost in the sauce is Thomas' scoring ability: Cavs lose absolutely nothing in that regard. Yet gained everything with the addition of Jae Crowder, one of the most underrated defenders in the league and a solid scorer himself. To have any shot at defeating Warriors in a series, Cavs needed to improve their overall defense and bench scoring, which they accomplished in the Irving trade.

Then, if that wasn't enough, they robbed Boston of the '18 lottery pick.

Not to mention Cavs signed Jeff Green, Derrick Rose and Wade.
The Porzingis blessing is real.
shakespeare
Writer

Re: Cavs improved their team, as if that was possible

Postby Koopa Troopa » September 29, 2017, 6:45 pm

Yep. Ainge stacked ALL those assets for what? From the moment they traded Bradley I knew something was wrong. I wasnt surprised they traded Isiah, Bradley meant so much to that team so I dont think Isiah was happy at all. Isiah might be acting shocked, but theres absolutely no way he was okay with that Bradley deal.

Like I said in the other topic, Ill take the Wiz over these guys. Wiz have years of chemistry, Boston just flipped their whole roster into a bunch of guys who cant defend.
Koopa Troopa

Postby shakespeare » September 30, 2017, 12:14 pm

Same here. I wasn't surprised Ainge traded Thomas; I never believed he wanted to invest hundreds of millions into him. And there was nothing that made me believe he wanted to invest in Bradley, either. The Kyrie trade offer, I figured, happened at the last minute.

Like you said, Celtics weakened their defense this offseason.
shakespeare
Writer

Postby nazrmohamed » September 30, 2017, 2:35 pm

I had him rated as a genius before the trade. I never thought hed give up that pick
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby gradyandrew » October 5, 2017, 10:18 am

It doesn't matter. The only player who would have moved the needle is Demarcus Cousins. Golden state played the finals at half speed and still the only way the cavs could win is bt scoring 140 points. Rose, Wade, Thomas will get buckets but give up that many and more on the other side. Tristan was totally negated last season and Kevin Love is such a liabilitythe warriors should get him a ring. Cavs are toast again.
It’s not the frustration of the fans of us losing, they want to see the dog, they want to see that fight, they want to see that hunger inside of you. - THJ
gradyandrew

Postby gradyandrew » October 5, 2017, 10:22 am

And I seriously believe that Kyrie >>> Isaiah, Rose, Wade

At the end of the day there's still only one ball.
It’s not the frustration of the fans of us losing, they want to see the dog, they want to see that fight, they want to see that hunger inside of you. - THJ
gradyandrew

Postby shakespeare » October 5, 2017, 2:04 pm

gradyandrew wrote:And I seriously believe that Kyrie >>> Isaiah, Rose, Wade

Cavs already have the best player in the NBA on their roster, so Kyrie being better than the combination of Thomas, Rose and Wade is a mute point. Cavs needed to add defense and depth.

Therefore question is whether you believe Cavs improved their team this offseason?
shakespeare
Writer

Return to NBA