Around the NBA 2017-18

Discuss matters related to other teams, players, and/or the league in general.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: Around the NBA 2017-18

Postby spree#8 » January 26, 2018, 2:53 pm

shakespeare wrote:
Aww, c’mon Spree, as a Knick fan, you’ve survived worse. Lol.

The trade is basically Dragic and Whiteside for Porzingis.

Ntili is filler.


Nope. We never traded a 22 year old franchise player.
#knickstape
User avatar
spree#8
 
Joined: June 5, 2006, 1:21 pm

Re: Around the NBA 2017-18

Postby shakespeare » January 26, 2018, 6:28 pm

No, we’ve never traded a 22 year old franchise player, per se, but we’ve traded years of 1st round picks that would’ve resulted in a franchise player.
The Porzingis blessing is real.
User avatar
shakespeare
Writer
 
Joined: June 28, 2004, 2:43 am
Location: Manhattan, NY

Re: Around the NBA 2017-18

Postby taowave » January 26, 2018, 6:49 pm

Don't think so..I liked the rumored package Boston was supposedly offering..

Nah,I admire what KP has done in his 3rd year and will be forever in his debt for sending Phil packing.

I'm on the fence if he can be a franchise player,but in no way down on him..








Thanks. Lol.

I’m confused though. You devalue Porzingis without fail. Yet, wouldn’t trade him for Dragic and Whiteside? So which is it: Does Porzingis own great value or not?

Seriously, I honestly can’t name the last time New York had a defensive minded center and a true point guard, at the same time.
taowave
 
Joined: July 7, 2005, 9:54 pm

Re: Around the NBA 2017-18

Postby shakespeare » January 27, 2018, 9:43 am

Tao. Kristaps Porzingis is the face of the New York Knicks. He’s our franchise player, clearly.

Better yet, what is it that you expect from a franchise player?

Then, after you answer that, tell me what you expect from the franchise? Cause it takes both to become winners.
The Porzingis blessing is real.
User avatar
shakespeare
Writer
 
Joined: June 28, 2004, 2:43 am
Location: Manhattan, NY

Re: Around the NBA 2017-18

Postby shakespeare » January 27, 2018, 9:46 am

Boogie Cousins gone for the season, torn Achilles http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2222 ... s-achilles

And I hate it, cause Boogie was doing his thing, and I really looked forward to seeing the Pelicans in the playoffs. I feel like this was their best team, ever. Oh well.
The Porzingis blessing is real.
User avatar
shakespeare
Writer
 
Joined: June 28, 2004, 2:43 am
Location: Manhattan, NY

Re: Around the NBA 2017-18

Postby taowave » January 28, 2018, 7:03 pm

The Franchise player is the guy you want to have the ball in his hands with 10 seconds left in the game down by 1..

And that guy should score 6+ times out of 10 ...

I want the franchise to pick a path,stick to it and do whats best for the team,not any one individual..

Perry has held true to his word with the signing of Burke..


shakespeare wrote:Tao. Kristaps Porzingis is the face of the New York Knicks. He’s our franchise player, clearly.

Better yet, what is it that you expect from a franchise player?

Then, after you answer that, tell me what you expect from the franchise? Cause it takes both to become winners.
taowave
 
Joined: July 7, 2005, 9:54 pm

Re: Around the NBA 2017-18

Postby shakespeare » January 29, 2018, 10:09 am

Yes, agreed. But there’s plenty of other things that come with being a franchise player such as marketing. You can sit and criticize Porzingis all you want, cause this is a forum. Yet, he’s already begun to prove himself in the league, if you hadn’t noticed.

You can give anyone the ball with 10 seconds left, that’s simple, but not anyone can accomplish the feats that Porzingis has accomplished thus far in the league.

And I’m sorry but when you’re a team struggling to make the playoffs, there is no one path.

Burke is a backup point guard, journeyman. If you can praise Burke then surely you can praise Porzingis, too. All I’m saying.
The Porzingis blessing is real.
User avatar
shakespeare
Writer
 
Joined: June 28, 2004, 2:43 am
Location: Manhattan, NY

Re: Around the NBA 2017-18

Postby shakespeare » January 29, 2018, 10:14 am

For years, Boogie Cousins has been a franchise player and the best big in the league. Yet, when mentioned in trade ideas on the forum, he’s considered a cancer and a loser and blah, blah, blah.

And that’s why I mentioned franchise in the previous post. Cause it takes much more than just Porzingis on the Knicks and Boogie on the Kings. Real NBA talent has to be placed around these players. Real talent, real coaches and real organizations.
The Porzingis blessing is real.
User avatar
shakespeare
Writer
 
Joined: June 28, 2004, 2:43 am
Location: Manhattan, NY

Re: Around the NBA 2017-18

Postby taowave » January 31, 2018, 1:07 am

60-10-11 for Harden tonight...
taowave
 
Joined: July 7, 2005, 9:54 pm

Re: Around the NBA 2017-18

Postby nazrmohamed » January 31, 2018, 7:37 am

shakespeare wrote:Yes, agreed. But there’s plenty of other things that come with being a franchise player such as marketing. You can sit and criticize Porzingis all you want, cause this is a forum. Yet, he’s already begun to prove himself in the league, if you hadn’t noticed.

You can give anyone the ball with 10 seconds left, that’s simple, but not anyone can accomplish the feats that Porzingis has accomplished thus far in the league.

And I’m sorry but when you’re a team struggling to make the playoffs, there is no one path.

Burke is a backup point guard, journeyman. If you can praise Burke then surely you can praise Porzingis, too. All I’m saying.


JR Smith
Jamal Crawford
Nick Van Exel

Great at taking last second shots. Let's build teams around them.
PHISHER
User avatar
nazrmohamed
 
Joined: December 16, 2004, 9:06 pm
Location: Rockland, Ny

Re: Around the NBA 2017-18

Postby dcapodic » January 31, 2018, 7:53 am

shakespeare wrote:For years, Boogie Cousins has been a franchise player and the best big in the league. Yet, when mentioned in trade ideas on the forum, he’s considered a cancer and a loser and blah, blah, blah.

And that’s why I mentioned franchise in the previous post. Cause it takes much more than just Porzingis on the Knicks and Boogie on the Kings. Real NBA talent has to be placed around these players. Real talent, real coaches and real organizations


Boogie Cousins is a "franchise player"?!? First off, I don't even know what "Franchise Player" means....if it means best player on his team then I guess Cousins was when before he came to the Pelicans but he is not now, not on a team with AD.

To me, he has always proven he is talented but your team has to win before you start to get titles like "Franchise player", whatever that means.
- Thanasis Antetokounmpo spelled backwards is Opmnuokotetna (which is Swahili for Hand Sanitizer). Mr. Glass, circa 2014
User avatar
dcapodic
 
Joined: February 4, 2007, 11:38 pm

Re: Around the NBA 2017-18

Postby dcapodic » January 31, 2018, 7:56 am

taowave wrote:60-10-11 for Harden tonight...


Can't believe I missed this game!

Wow! Paul, Ariza and Gordon were all out and he just took over. Interesting to see if they miss a few games and he goes on a tear for a while.

I guess he is over his hamstring issue :)
- Thanasis Antetokounmpo spelled backwards is Opmnuokotetna (which is Swahili for Hand Sanitizer). Mr. Glass, circa 2014
User avatar
dcapodic
 
Joined: February 4, 2007, 11:38 pm

Re: Around the NBA 2017-18

Postby spree#8 » February 1, 2018, 6:59 am

Greg Monroe being waived after a buyout could hurt our bigmen trade market. Let's hope he finds a new home soon. Dallas maybe?
#knickstape
User avatar
spree#8
 
Joined: June 5, 2006, 1:21 pm

Re: Around the NBA 2017-18

Postby taowave » February 1, 2018, 9:17 am

Shocking..Another big Phil was drooling over in free agency..good thing he wanted nothing to do with us so we could sign Noah to s 4 year deal
taowave
 
Joined: July 7, 2005, 9:54 pm

Re: Around the NBA 2017-18

Postby spree#8 » February 1, 2018, 2:15 pm

taowave wrote:Shocking..Another big Phil was drooling over in free agency..good thing he wanted nothing to do with us so we could sign Noah to s 4 year deal


I think it's time for Irv to implement a percentage counter to see how many of your posts include the word Phil. :happy:
#knickstape
User avatar
spree#8
 
Joined: June 5, 2006, 1:21 pm

Re: Around the NBA 2017-18

Postby taowave » February 1, 2018, 3:09 pm

I'm giving you advance warning that if we buy Noah out,Every post will start with Phil..

spree#8 wrote:
I think it's time for Irv to implement a percentage counter to see how many of your posts include the word Phil. :happy:
taowave
 
Joined: July 7, 2005, 9:54 pm

Re: Around the NBA 2017-18

Postby spree#8 » February 1, 2018, 3:25 pm

taowave wrote:I'm giving you advance warning that if we buy Noah out,Every post will start with Phil..


It would be fantastic IF Noah would agree to a buyout and significantly lower the money we still owe him. But that would be the best case scenario right now, so I guess we won't see that for some time.
#knickstape
User avatar
spree#8
 
Joined: June 5, 2006, 1:21 pm

Re: Around the NBA 2017-18

Postby taowave » February 1, 2018, 3:36 pm

Uggghhh..I meant trade him with the first rounder :hammer:

spree#8 wrote:
It would be fantastic IF Noah would agree to a buyout and significantly lower the money we still owe him. But that would be the best case scenario right now, so I guess we won't see that for some time.
taowave
 
Joined: July 7, 2005, 9:54 pm

Re: Around the NBA 2017-18

Postby shakespeare » February 1, 2018, 4:15 pm

Dcap. In all due respect, before the season-ending injury, Cousins was having MVP-like season. I mean, I hear what you’re saying about Anthony Davis - another franchise player without the strong supporting cast ever since he entered the league. But don’t let that cloud your judgment about Cousins.
The Porzingis blessing is real.
User avatar
shakespeare
Writer
 
Joined: June 28, 2004, 2:43 am
Location: Manhattan, NY

Re: Around the NBA 2017-18

Postby shakespeare » February 1, 2018, 4:19 pm

After a quick Google search, I found this article that pretty much shares my sentiment regarding Demarcus Cousins this season https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo. ... 03819.html
The Porzingis blessing is real.
User avatar
shakespeare
Writer
 
Joined: June 28, 2004, 2:43 am
Location: Manhattan, NY

PreviousNext

Return to NBA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests