Around the NBA 2017-18

Discuss matters related to other teams, players, and/or the league in general.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

Re: Around the NBA 2017-18

Postby taowave » March 1, 2018, 10:47 am

I think it was harden being harden,no malice intended..If you look at Weslys face while he was on his back,he was smiling away.he knew he was in deep doo doo and it was going to be all over the media..

I think that was worse than any poster dunk,pr dam close..

I was also joking about the fine,but Dam,Harden is one nasty Mo fo..Not only do you have to worry about hin dropping 40 on you,but he can make you look like a ballerina on ice skates

NewlyKnicked wrote:That was 100% awesome
True there was some history between the two teams from the previous game
taowave

Postby NewlyKnicked » March 1, 2018, 11:58 am

same level of nasty as AI stepping over lue
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked

Postby taowave » March 1, 2018, 4:09 pm

I just watched AI step over Lue..

At least Lue played great D....

Hardens move and stared down is Tough to beat...

First,he crossed him up and broke his ankles

Second,he stared him down and held on to the ball until help defenders came..

Last but not least he drilled the 3 pointer..

Yikes
taowave

Postby H20Knick » March 1, 2018, 11:52 pm

Towns with 21 and 8 at the half. Fuck you Tim hardaway
Fort Knox. Hard Knox. Knock Knox. It doesn't matter. Hall of Fame in 20.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
H20Knick

Postby NewlyKnicked » March 2, 2018, 4:59 am

taowave wrote:I just watched AI step over Lue..

At least Lue played great D....

Hardens move and stared down is Tough to beat...

First,he crossed him up and broke his ankles

Second,he stared him down and held on to the ball until help defenders came..

Last but not least he drilled the 3 pointer..

Yikes

Yeah you need some skill to pull that trick and not miss the 3 when waiting like that may break your rythm a bit.
This is do or die, you make the three you're top of highlights, you miss you get spotlights in shaqtin'
NewlyKnicked

Postby NewlyKnicked » March 2, 2018, 9:39 am

“I was trying to figure out what happened,” Harden said postgame about his now-legendary pause and stare down at Johnson. “I was confused.”
NewlyKnicked

Postby spree#8 » March 2, 2018, 1:44 pm

H20Knick wrote:Towns with 21 and 8 at the half. Fuck you Tim hardaway

So you think a 22.45% chance instead of 19.9% would have made the difference? You do know that nowadays it's a number of a combination of ping pong balls? So you think we would have gotten exactly the winning combination (1 of their 250 - and 1 of the 24 or 25 more combinations we would've gotten) from the Wolves? SMH. Never understood this kind of logic.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby Koopa Troopa » March 3, 2018, 9:46 am

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/wh ... -the-most/

This is interesting. it is notable that the Warriors and Cavs are near the lower end. OKC has Melo so of course they arent getting the calls. :laugh:

We get to see the LeBrons every week on TV and you always see Bron giving the refs the business, then the next time down on defense a mysterious off ball foul is called on the opposing team giving Bron the possession back. Oh the NBA :P
Koopa Troopa

Postby ISIAH_THOMAS » March 3, 2018, 11:53 pm

So lonzo ball looks good for the leakers
TAKE THAT FOR DATA
ISIAH_THOMAS

Postby shakespeare » March 4, 2018, 9:16 am

Really, really hoping for a Rockets vs Warriors playoff series.

Do I believe Rockets can take Warriors? No.
Do I believe Rockets believe they can take Warriors? Yes.
The Porzingis blessing is real.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby shakespeare » March 10, 2018, 6:41 am

Western Conference playoffs will be epic.

Too bad Boogie Cousins suffered injury, cause the Pelicans were playing inspired basketball.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby spree#8 » March 10, 2018, 7:23 am

shakespeare wrote:Western Conference playoffs will be epic.

Too bad Boogie Cousins suffered injury, cause the Pelicans were playing inspired basketball.

Pelicans are 10-1 in their last 11. I would say they play pretty inspired right now and Mirotic has filled in fine besides AD. That being said: of course it's sad for them that Boogie can't play in the playoffs. Tough position to make a long-term investment without seeing your two best guys compete together when it counts.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby spree#8 » March 10, 2018, 7:47 am

On another note: Raptors and Celtics will be tough outs for the Cavs this season.
#knickstape
spree#8

Postby shakespeare » March 11, 2018, 7:54 am

Raptors. Celtics. Agreed wholeheartedly. To me, Cavs placed themselves in a tough position with the trades at this point of the season. Without a monumental effort from LeBron and an inspired effort from Kevin Love in the playoffs, there’s a really good chance that Cavs won’t win the Eastern Conference which might be for the best, as far as I’m concerned, cause I’d really like to see LeBron sign with Houston. Raptors and Celtics are poised and, at the same time, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a darkhorse team knock either Cleveland, Toronto and/or Boston out of the playoffs.

Pelicans have been on a roll lately, definitely, but I’d like their chances to go deep in the Western Conference playoffs with Cousins than without him. Once teams focus their playoff defenses on Anthony Davis, it’s pretty much a wrap, in my humble opinion.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby nazrmohamed » March 11, 2018, 8:00 pm

I think this new version of LeBron team is the best version he's had in a while in terms of balance. I know they're winning but can't say I've paid much attention
PHISHER
nazrmohamed

Postby NewlyKnicked » March 12, 2018, 4:56 am

The Cavs are not winning that much, they're actually going down in the rankings (4th as of today). But I agree that this roster looks better (with Love healthy of course) than the one they had at the beginning of the season. I particularly like the addition of Nance who seems to be the only other physically dominant player (and he can have a certain finesse in his jumpshot as well from time to time).
They still have so many holes tho that they should'nt be able to make a gret push in the playoffs. But then there is Lebron...
NewlyKnicked

Postby shakespeare » March 12, 2018, 7:39 am

nazrmohamed wrote:I think this new version of LeBron team is the best version he's had in a while in terms of balance. I know they're winning but can't say I've paid much attention

Since the trade, Cleveland has lost more games than they’ve won.

Yesterday, Los Angeles Lakers blew them out of the building.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby shakespeare » March 12, 2018, 7:41 am

NewlyKnicked wrote:But then there is Lebron...

Agreed.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby Mike1989 » March 12, 2018, 3:40 pm

NewlyKnicked wrote:The Cavs are not winning that much, they're actually going down in the rankings (4th as of today). But I agree that this roster looks better (with Love healthy of course) than the one they had at the beginning of the season. I particularly like the addition of Nance who seems to be the only other physically dominant player (and he can have a certain finesse in his jumpshot as well from time to time).
They still have so many holes tho that they should'nt be able to make a gret push in the playoffs. But then there is Lebron...

The advantage the Cavaliers have in the east is that the teams they will come up against aren't really as good as the Warriors and Rockets. There really is an absence of a truly elite team in the east. There are good teams like Toronto and Boston, but they have their weaknesses; and the rest of the teams in the play offs are streaky and vary with their experience in the play offs. If the Cavaliers manage to click, combined with LeBron doing what LeBron does best, they could be a very difficult team to beat in the play offs and it wouldn't surprise me to see them make the conference finals.

Personally I think the new look Cavaliers offer LeBron James the best option in free agency, especially if they get lucky and land a high value pick in the draft via the Nets. They could draft someone with that pick to boost their roster or trade it away and hope to land an all star caliber player from a team looking to hit the reset button (i.e. like how they got Kevin Love). Factor in the young and improving talent and the Cavaliers are in pretty decent shape. Sure he could take a backseat role on the Warriors or Rockets, but I can't see LeBron doing that, I think he wants to be "the man" and that was the case when he went to Miami and when he came back to Cleveland. That's why I think he'll stay in Cleveland and the moves they've made should help his decision.
Mike1989

Postby shakespeare » March 12, 2018, 5:35 pm

I absolutely cannot see LeBron signing with Golden State.

He wants to defeat Golden State; not kiss their asses.

To extend on your post, I too can see Cavs reaching the Finals just as much as I can see them getting knocked out of the EC playoffs before the conference finals.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA