Becky Hammond to be interviewed by the Bucks

Discuss matters related to other teams, players, and/or the league in general.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

Boston_PuppyDawg
Likes given: 0

Bucks plan to interview Spurs assistant coach Becky Hammon for HC job, per @wojespn https://t.co/8Lb6WDIxIy
Calderon: "It’s no fun when you try to win for the Knicks and people want you out of the Knicks.” (2/18/16)
washingtonparkjones

I have the knee jerk reactions of "how will the players react," and "how can a woman coach the physicality"

.....and then I remind myself not to be an old fucking idiot by choice, shake it off and realize its absurd this hasn't happened already.
taowave
Likes given: 817

I just don't know......It's the physicality issue that concerns me a bit..A GM is a no brainier..

What if you have a Noah situation or a Spreewell/Carlisemo??

That's my only concern
dcapodic

I have no doubt Hammond can handle any "physical" issues. First off, she is tougher than most of the coaches in he league already (remember JVG hanging off of Alonzo's leg?!?)....

My two questions would be....

Does she really have the ability or is it all show?
Will the players respect her?

Yea, it is easy to say that the players "should" respect her but will they and are you willing to gamble your team on that fact?

If there is a woman that would be deserving someday, it might be Hammond. But, there are also a LOT of other coaches out there with a ton more experience so it has to be about more than just show.
- Me being the resident optimist around this cesspool of doom and gloom, StevoStarks, circa 2019
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

I don't know why a player wouldn't respect her. As many coaches who've never played nba basketball doing well, I doubt it should be held against her that she didn't
Koopa Troopa

This would be weird for the players.

It worked in Eddie though. :?