State of the Union

Talk about anything and everything.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv, cru77jones

State of the Union

Postby knicksfan4life » January 25, 2011, 9:54 pm

Because finalllllly BAAA ROCK has come back to do the state of the union. Get ready for one of the most electrifying Presidents in United States history if you smelll-el-el what Ba Rack is coooking.

I'm turning it into a drinking game .... drink on 'common ground' 'achieve' 'progress' 'ready' 'action'

:drunk:
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
knicksfan4life

Re: State of the Union

Postby shakespeare » January 26, 2011, 2:04 am

I believe President Obama is sincere in his desire to want to improve the conditions of America. It's just too bad tht he cannot do it alone. The game stands - Republicans are always looking to remove the Democratic President and vice verse.

See, to be perfectly honest, it is not really about what is best for the country.

Still, I enjoyed President Obama's enthusiam.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby egluck » January 26, 2011, 7:25 pm

Good speech. You know even his supposed "opponents" were sitting there in the audience, wishing they had the charisma and intelligence that Obama has.
egluck

Postby shakespeare » January 26, 2011, 11:46 pm

Agreed. Quite a speech.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby MrMajik2 » January 27, 2011, 3:16 pm

Yeah, it was a great speech. He almost brought John Boehner to tears a few times, which was priceless.
"Today, we celebrate not just another win vs a rival, but the end of their sadistic rule over our hopes and dreams. There is nothing left to fear. The New York Knicks are just better." - H20Knicks
MrMajik2

Postby qdman » January 28, 2011, 10:42 am

My beleaguered take on the State of the Union Address;Obama once again did not take advantage of an oppertunity to level with America on the eve on the greatest financial collapse in American history. He seems to have no idea what is going on, he says the economy is recovering, nothing could be further from the truth. He disingenuously made a big deal out of a $400 billion spending cut over 5 years, that's how much we've increased spending just this year alone. He's not cutting spending, he's decreasing the rate of increase in spending. He tries to dress it up by calling spending "investing" like "we're investing in in education", but we're not investing, we're not even educating people, we're just spending money on education, investing means you purchase something because you want a return on your money. There are people with college degrees who are unemployed now and working in McDonalds, how will more educated people help the economy? The education is secondary the whole purpose is to spend, spend on anything to keep the bubble juiced for another few months.

(fixed-why am I digressing if I'm aware of it? )

Sorry to pop the sunshine bubble. If it makes you feel better 2x Bush, Clinton, Reagan were just as bad, and the republicans will make all the same mistakes when it's their turn to be president because all they do is waste our money on different things. I hope he loses the election just so that the shit goes down on someone else's watch and the idea of a black president doesn't become a national joke. That's the best I'm hoping for :( .
Last edited by qdman on January 29, 2011, 3:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.
qdman

Postby qdman » January 28, 2011, 8:01 pm

qdman

Postby shakespeare » January 29, 2011, 2:51 am

qdaman wrote: and the idea of a black president doesn't become a national joke.

Reflect upon the conditions of America back when MLK stood and made his famous "I Have A Dream" speech, then tell me if the idea of a black president is a joke.

#TeamTank
shakespeare
Writer

Postby qdman » January 29, 2011, 9:11 am

Thanks for phrasing an asshole version of what I said (a thought I attributed to other people-not to mention it only existed hypothetically and in the future), don't you know what the cultural effect will be if Barack were to be the best or worst president in recent memory?

BTW take that!

Image Image
qdman

Postby washingtonparkjones » January 31, 2011, 10:16 pm

qdaman wrote:My beleaguered take on the State of the Union Address;Obama once again did not take advantage of an oppertunity to level with America on the eve on the greatest financial collapse in American history. He seems to have no idea what is going on, he says the economy is recovering, nothing could be further from the truth. He disingenuously made a big deal out of a $400 billion spending cut over 5 years, that's how much we've increased spending just this year alone. He's not cutting spending, he's decreasing the rate of increase in spending. He tries to dress it up by calling spending "investing" like "we're investing in in education", but we're not investing, we're not even educating people, we're just spending money on education, investing means you purchase something because you want a return on your money. There are people with college degrees who are unemployed now and working in McDonalds, how will more educated people help the economy? The education is secondary the whole purpose is to spend, spend on anything to keep the bubble juiced for another few months.:( .

DOOM! DOOM I say!!!!

How long you give us until this collapse? We'll all still be here posting on this forum years from now, so feel free to set it out far as you like.....
washingtonparkjones

Postby qdman » February 1, 2011, 3:05 am

couple years give or take a lot depends on China and I don't know what they're thinking.

peter answers "Is Inlfation really a problem" watch that and I want to know if you still don't believe in it.
qdman

Postby washingtonparkjones » February 1, 2011, 11:16 pm

Honestly, I don't really care what Schiff has to say. The argument is as old as the departure from the gold standard, and its never panned out. You think this is the first cry of doom? Its like crying wolf at this point.

We'll see in a couple of years and revive this thread.
washingtonparkjones

Postby qdman » February 2, 2011, 3:13 am

cool
qdman

Postby washingtonparkjones » November 22, 2013, 6:26 pm

Have your thought evolved on this Q?
washingtonparkjones

Postby qdman » November 23, 2013, 9:21 am

Not really, maybe in the sense that I've found ways to be more proactive than just paul revering my views. I've been studying sustainable agriculture so I can meet my own needs and help others with their food/energy/money situation, which I think'll be pretty bad once everything hits. As far as inflation, I'm less focused on it, my main thing is we have a 100% chance of total economic meltdown, and whether that represents a 9/10 chance of hyp inflation with a 1/10 chance of deflation is not really important to me to think about, I'm looking at stuff like the rates on ten year treasuries to rise and signal the last five minutes of our proverbial fourth quarter. Some huge news relating to this that came out a few days ago was China said they are no longer going to increase their reserves, that is they will not loan us $100 billion a week anymore, fed'll have to make up that slack, think that's a point for hyp inflation.
qdman

Postby washingtonparkjones » November 23, 2013, 12:28 pm

ok, we'll check back in a couple more years and see if you are still waiting for Godot.
washingtonparkjones

Postby qdman » November 23, 2013, 4:16 pm

lol
qdman

Postby KnicksRUs » November 23, 2013, 6:03 pm

How's ObamaCare working out Mr. President? You rat bastard
"Fat chicks need lovin too, but they gotta pay"
KnicksRUs

Postby qdman » November 23, 2013, 9:18 pm

qdaman wrote:lol
qdman

Postby washingtonparkjones » November 29, 2013, 7:02 pm

KnicksRUs wrote:How's ObamaCare working out Mr. President? You rat bastard

Check back with you in a year too. The medicare expansion rolled out with just about the same reaction. I year later, seniors loved it and nobody has talked much about it since.
washingtonparkjones

Next

Return to Off-Topic