Is it me or are cops killing unarmed black men at an alarming rate?

Talk about anything and everything.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

Is it just me?

Yes
54%
No
31%
This is not the place to discuss such a sensitive matter
15%

Total votes: 13
KnicksFanInSouthFL
Likes given: 0

washingtonparkjones wrote:... The only one acting racist here is your whitey hating ass looking for conspiracies. Hell, there's a good number of people in here who thought for years that I am black because Washington Parker Jones sounds like a black name...

While reading your response I was anticipating that you'd hit me with, one of my best friends is Black...
Is Melo-God Zen-o-phobic?
washingtonparkjones

I am aware enough to know how stupid "I have black friends" sounds.

I just thought this was funny.
http://forums.nykfp.com/viewtopic.php?f ... s+#p490851
Mase in your face wrote: with a name like washington parker jones, i always thought you were black :?
qdman wrote:me too :P
dcapodic

KnicksFanInSouthFL wrote:

While reading your response I was anticipating that you'd hit me with, one of my best friends is Black...
No skin in the game here but...that you would focus on this after all of the good info that WPJ posted about , well that just tells volumes.

I found your reply akin to, "Well, you can't possibly understand because you are not black...."

Yes, mark this date down....a supportive post for WPJ :) Actually, I have had an alarming number of these lately. Need to go back and reread some WPJ posts to find something to get riled up about!!
- Me being the resident optimist around this cesspool of doom and gloom, StevoStarks, circa 2019
washingtonparkjones

dcapodic wrote:Yes, mark this date down....a supportive post for WPJ :) Actually, I have had an alarming number of these lately. Need to go back and reread some WPJ posts to find something to get riled up about!!
You get wiser with age.
shakespeare

Samuel DuBose murdered by Officer Ray Tensing.

Cop straight up put a bullet in his head as he attempted to flee in car (1:50 mark of video) during traffic stop. In this situation DuBose gotta accept the arrest, cause being arrested is a lot better than being killed. Tensing believed he was about to be ran over and that's his reason for firing the shot. Yet body-cam video doesn't show officer being dragged by car nor his life in danger.

Deters: UC officer 'purposefully killed' DuBose. http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/20 ... /30830777/
#TeamTank
washingtonparkjones

They just shot dead a naked white tripping kid with a hammer here in Boulder. Can't make that up.
shakespeare

Is this the case? http://www.dailycamera.com/news/boulder ... ing-around

Seems he had attacked someone with a knife and cops apparently attempted to taser Forgy who appeared to be under the influence of LSD. So I gotta believe he was paranoid which pretty much sealed his fate.
#TeamTank
KnicksFanInSouthFL

dcapodic wrote:No skin in the game here but...that you would focus on this after all of the good info that WPJ posted about , well that just tells volumes.

I found your reply akin to, "Well, you can't possibly understand because you are not black...."
And this is your input on the subject? Well, that just speaks volumes.

The never-ending quest to be perceived as one of "the good ones" is strong in this one. To each his own... :?
washingtonparkjones

KnicksFanInSouthFL wrote:The never-ending quest to be perceived as one of "the good ones" is strong in this one. To each his own... :?
Lol. You even have derogatory terms for people trying to be allies and supporters. That's the point when righteous slides right over into zealot.

The angry young man thing works for a while. Everyone's been there, but if your still like this in your 30s people will be looking at you like a puppy crapping on the carpet when he should know better. Do it at 40 and no one is even listening.
KnicksFanInSouthFL

^^^
If not accepting the status quo makes me a zealot so be it. I'll wear that hat all day...
washingtonparkjones

KnicksFanInSouthFL wrote:^^^
If not accepting the status quo makes me a zealot so be it. I'll wear that hat all day...
Not accepting the status quo makes you righteous. Denigrating allies because they don't meet your standards of purity make you a zealot. People around here generally support the challenge to the status quo part. Stop acting like they don't.
shakespeare

How racial profiling hurts everyone, including the police.
:clap:
#TeamTank
Isa Soulstar
Likes given: 2

Very well stated, brother. And agreed with everything you've contributed in this thread.
oOoO...VOTE REPUBLICAN...OoOo
dcapodic

- Me being the resident optimist around this cesspool of doom and gloom, StevoStarks, circa 2019
KnicksFanInSouthFL

^^^
SMH... Not at all surprised to see you post this?
Isa Soulstar wrote:Very well stated, brother. And agreed with everything you've contributed in this thread.
Just this thread? Here I was thinking that EVERY SINGLE COMMENT I've ever posted on this board has been 99.99% true/accurate... 8-)
dcapodic

SMH... Not at all surprised to see you post this?

Of course you did, it was an easy call.....I have always been a poster that does not rant aimlessly without ever showing any references or examples. For this example....a person that grew up in the inner city, had his share of experience there but also has since gone on to great a tremendous education and to become a well sought out spokesman in his sport.

Yea, was an easy call.
shakespeare

The Media Narrative of Black Men In America is All Wrong. http://www.newsweek.com/black-men-today ... ype-314877
#TeamTank
dcapodic

Interesting article Shakes, I could not agree more.

I have stood upon my soap box on this subject more times than I can count. Isn't it time to have some kind of "movement" where people stand up and demand some integrity out of the media, some facts, some sense of reality not in the way they see it but in how things actually are in real life.
Despite these impressive improvements in various indicators of success, the media continues to highlight a negative narrative that associates black men with violence, crime and poverty. It’s time for the media to report the true story—not the outdated stereotype.
There is always more work to do for sure. But these stereotypes that keep living in the media, there to drive the agendas of groups needing these ideas to persist is just getting old and bothersome.

When I consistently read media and then worse, posters or commentators agreeing that things have gotten no better than "they were in the '60's" I know I am dealing with either people too young to have experienced what they are proselytizing about or someone with an agenda that needs that idea to permeate and live on.
shakespeare

I agree. The stereotypes perpetrated in the media must come to an end. A complete stop. I read that article and had to post in the forum. It would be nice to see positive lives and messages programmed into the hearts and minds of individuals, instead of corrupted seeds, but that would be too much like right.
#TeamTank
washingtonparkjones

shakespeare wrote:The stereotypes perpetrated in the media must come to an end.
But they are just too valuable as time savers.
http://www.theonion.com/blogpost/stereo ... aver-10696
“Once you label me you negate me.”
― Søren Kierkegaard
then again
“I bet you anything that 10 times out of 10, Nicky, Vinny and Tony will beat the shit out of Todd, Kyle and Tucker.”
― George Carlin