Hillary Clinton will eat whatever Republican candidate for breakfast

Talk about anything and everything.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

qdman
Likes given: 0

So what's your take on the economy dcap?
Last edited by qdman on June 2nd, 2016, 4:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
shakespeare

I love these NYKFP political discussions, can't wait to get home and read.
#TeamTank
shakespeare

Donald J. Trump Verified account
‏@realDonaldTrump

Crooked Hillary Clinton has zero natural talent - she should not be president. Her temperament is bad and her decision making ability-zilch!
#TeamTank
Mr. Glass
Likes given: 63

I saw the speech live (ironically on Fox News). It was the best speech she's given so far. Saw shades of two significant men in her life - Her husband and The President. When the nomination is locked, and the DNC starts REALLY backing her...please refer to Shakespeare's prophetic subject title.
"I used to think drinking was bad for me, so I stopped thinking."

- Unknown
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

trump is delusional. no grip on reality, his foreign policy is 20-30 years out of date; livin' in the 80's. his answer to business problems is to litigate, litigate, litigate.
Mr. Glass

cragganmor wrote:trump is delusional. no grip on reality, his foreign policy is 20-30 years out of date; livin' in the 80's. his answer to business problems is to litigate, litigate, litigate.
I'm still amazed that the RNC allowed this to happen. Here at work hardcore trolling is known as Orange Trolling. It's embarrassing.

- Unknown
dcapodic

Here's the part that I don't get so maybe someone can elaborate for me. Two things:

1. Trump is delusional, crazy, prejudice, etc.

If you take out the past year of election stuff and look at Trump as a public figure, how come none of this ever showed up then? His personna was actually one of an astute business man and if you do a simple search, you will see that most commentary about him is extremely positive...a person who has done MANY good things and looked for minimal credit or press for it. You many not have liked him even then but you would hardly say the things above.

2. I can respect Bernie, as I have said before. Don't agree with his politics but I get his personna. But, time to deal with reality and that is that he is more than likely not gonna be the Democratic choice. So, on to Hillary. Nine years ago she was the presumptive Dem national candidate but then POTUS OBama gained momentum and Hillary was kicked to the curb like yesterday's diaper. To keep her relevant, she was given the Sect of State position. How did that work out for her? So, a retread candidate whose track record in politics is sketchy (being as kind as I can) is now gonna be the Dem candidate....how is that someone you can support?

I look at this as potential versus experience. Hillary likes to say she has experience but what people fail to talk about is that all of the experience is awefull. she has been a disaster so how does that experience help? Because people just need a talking point and that sounds like a good one :)

To me, a vote for Hillary is a way of saying, Well I am a democrat so I will vote for ANYONE they put up. I cannot imagine a worse candidate with a worse record....anyone else with her record would not even get a sniff of a chance.

What am I missing?
- Me being the resident optimist around this cesspool of doom and gloom, StevoStarks, circa 2019
Irv
Administrator
Likes given: 183

Does anybody really understand Trump's persona without the bias of the last 13 years as a reality TV star? I wouldn't call him an astute business man based on his track record either. His career more closely resembles James Dolan's than Warren Buffett's.

The DNC and Debbie Whatshername Lucy Van Pelt forced Hillary Clinton down the throats of the Democratic party. Are you telling me they couldn't shill for anybody else who had a lower negativity rating? They deserve the infighting they created that they like to conveniently blame on Sanders. They could have tossed any of the following names in a hat, picked one for the nomination, polled better than Hillary, and beaten Donald Trump with ease:

Joe Biden
Joseph P. Kennedy III
Bobby Shriver
John Kerry
Howard Dean
Al Gore
Tipper Gore
Nancy Pelosi
Sean Penn
Omarosa
Latoya Jackson
Naked Cowboy
88-year-old Walter Mondale

No, but let's shill for Hillary who is in a virtual dead heat within the margin of error in many current polls against Trump. They pimp this walking scandal machine and ignore primary candidates with some fucking honor like Bill Bradley in 2000? FOH.

Barack Obama saved the DNC from themselves in 2008. They've had their head up their ass for decades.

The worst part is that there are voters who buy this garbage. I have a friend who is voting for Hillary because she's a woman. Not a qualified woman like Elizabeth Warren or Tulsi Gabbard. Just a woman. What a damning endorsement. Is that our bullshit criteria now? Fine. I'm going to choose Latrell Sprewell for President. We got families to feed, people!
shakespeare

Irv wrote: Latoya Jackson
Hilarious.
#TeamTank
dcapodic

Irv wrote:Does anybody really understand Trump's persona without the bias of the last 13 years as a reality TV star? I wouldn't call him an astute business man based on his track record either. His career more closely resembles James Dolan's than Warren Buffett's.

The DNC and Debbie Whatshername Lucy Van Pelt forced Hillary Clinton down the throats of the Democratic party. Are you telling me they couldn't shill for anybody else who had a lower negativity rating? They deserve the infighting they created that they like to conveniently blame on Sanders. They could have tossed any of the following names in a hat, picked one for the nomination, polled better than Hillary, and beaten Donald Trump with ease:

Joe Biden
Joseph P. Kennedy III
Bobby Shriver
John Kerry
Howard Dean
Al Gore
Tipper Gore
Nancy Pelosi
Sean Penn
Omarosa
Latoya Jackson
Naked Cowboy
88-year-old Walter Mondale

No, but let's shill for Hillary who is in a virtual dead heat within the margin of error in many current polls against Trump. They pimp this walking scandal machine and ignore primary candidates with some fucking honor like Bill Bradley in 2000? FOH.

Barack Obama saved the DNC from themselves in 2008. They've had their head up their ass for decades.

The worst part is that there are voters who buy this garbage. I have a friend who is voting for Hillary because she's a woman. Not a qualified woman like Elizabeth Warren or Tulsi Gabbard. Just a woman. What a damning endorsement. Is that our bullshit criteria now? Fine. I'm going to choose Latrell Sprewell for President. We got families to feed, people!
Does anybody really understand Trump's persona without the bias of the last 13 years as a reality TV star? I wouldn't call him an astute business man based on his track record either. His career more closely resembles James Dolan's than Warren Buffett's.
I couldn't disagree with this one above statement more but don't really want to go down the path of detailing Trump's success, it will make me feel very dirty. Notice, I have only defended him against nonsense, not singing his praises. to put him in Dolan's category is just unfiar but I get the analogy.

Everything else in your post, spot on! I almost wanted to do the thing that tends to bug me and just give you the clapping hands and be done with it. But, you have secured my point better than I. Like I have said about others, Shakes, Glass, etc. , you ability for the written word is much better than mine.

Hence, the quandary. In no way can I vote for Hillary, just not gonna happen. I would be admitting to being a shill, follower of the herd, an uninformed drone controlled by an almost infantile Democratic leadership. you know I did not agree with Bernie's policies so I moved on to look at Trump. There is not a lot there to really build on or expect results from. But, the way that same infantile Democratic leadership has cast Trump has me equally irritated with my own party. let's just play on the feelings in the current population and paint the old, rich guy as someone just short of a plantation owner and ride with that yes, he has not helped himself in that vein with his comments but this garbage being said about him is just silly.

Of course, we as American's are happy to have 20-30 million illegal immigrants in our country with no end in sight right? Someone says it out loud though and proposes solutions and he is a bigot, racist, etc. Think about it and judge to yourselves the things he gets chopped about and say, Is he just saying out loud with most feel i their hearts but are afraid to "politically correctly" say out loud? How has this been allowed to get to this point without any intervention? If I was a conspiracy theorist (this one is posed to anyone of you who might be) I would ask, is this not the roadmap of the perfect Marxist takeover :)

I don't buy that either but I tell you what and this is how strongly I am discouraged with the Democratic leadership....I buy that POTUS OBama is trying subvertly to take America into full Marxism moreso than the things being said about Trump, racism, etc. Democrats know how to play the public relations game better and control the media, always have always will.
- Me being the resident optimist around this cesspool of doom and gloom, StevoStarks, circa 2019
Irv
Administrator

Obama is what happens when the DNC corrupts people. If you look at his original platform in 2008 compared to what he actually did during his two terms, you'll see a lot of broken promises. If you take a formerly promising Democratic candidate and turn him to shit in relatively short order, then what happens when you start with a scumbag blowhard Democratic candidate who has been part of the system for decades?

As for Dolan and Trump, I look at them as a comparison in work ethic, temperament, and to a lesser degree, the business deals. Both Dolan and Trump were born into money instead of having to earn it. Even though Dolan appears to have mellowed out because he's been dedicated to his band, both he and Trump have ridiculous egos and poor judgment when it comes to public speaking. I honestly don't feel like looking at Trump's history of business deals right now beyond what I already know, but he's had some notable blunders, as has Dolan. Trump has had more and larger successes than Dolan, but on the whole, I don't think he's a better businessman once you get beyond dollar amounts and net worth.

At least Dolan knows when to step out of the spotlight, especially as of late. Whether that's because he's becoming a better leader or because he prefers being less visible to the media and actually has the means to do so now, I don't know, but it's better than the Dolan that let the Anucha Browne Sanders scandal happen under his watch.

Actually, you know what? Fuck it.

JAMES DOLAN FOR PRESIDENT.
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1123

Irv wrote: Actually, you know what? Fuck it.

JAMES DOLAN FOR PRESIDENT.
:|

In b4 the (Jared Jeffries shoots 3s we must keep him) memes
Minkaveli
Likes given: 172

It's just sad to watch really. I wish Biden would have run. What if Hillary tags Bernie as her VP though?
No longer sick and tired that Kurt wasn't hired.
Irv
Administrator

Not likely to happen. That would take away attention from Queen Hillary. Can't be having that.
shakespeare

Forget about the election for a second. Forget about the GOP and Democratic nominees for a second. Forget about everything it means to be a POTUS for a second. Now, read this:
The tweet heard around the world.

Hillary Clinton had a memorable and immediate comeback to a Donald Trump Twitter insult on Thursday afternoon.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politic ... -1.2667587
Their head-to-head debates will be epic.
#TeamTank
dcapodic

I can't realistically buy into this but it appears pretty obvious that the democratic party is preparing an alternate "team" should Hillary get taken down before the convention.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/06 ... tcmp=hpbt1

I was surprised that POTUS OBama came out with an actual formal endorsement of Hillary. That, in and of itself seems odd especially given the timing.

Biden/Warren....that is a much more logical tandem and an easy win for the dems, IMHO. Like Biden, not thrilled with Warren who is extremely left winged for me.
Mr. Glass

@ Irv - With the exception of maybe Naked Cowboy, the Hillary Clinton brand brings with it a built-in failsafe of sorts - Bill. Office BJs aside, I'd venture to say that he is a living legend to his biggest fans, and a "functional" former president to his worst enemies. The Clinton name today is just as recognizable as Bush or Kennedy, and with it comes a degree of familiarity and experience. Being female helps too. In the past, the older white female vote has mostly gone to the GOP. HC has a chance to improve percentages in that demographic...you know, the opposite of what DT is doing. The DNC has also shown that in-party compromise reaps stability, singular focus and a promotion of unity.

Any political strategist would love these advantages.

Now, I REALLY got into Bernie because I've never seen someone with his platform stay alive so effectively for so long. It was brilliant on the DNC's part to field Obama, Crazy Uncle Joe, and Liz Warren to parrot some of Sander's key talking points (during the primaries). He should be given an important cabinet position in the next administration and get the same chance that HC got under Obama (assuming he still has the energy).

@ DC - Trump's prior experience is a blessing and a curse to him. He has mastered complete command of garnering attention from the media. He simply has no clue what to do with it once he gets it. His behavior over the last year has negated much of anything positive I could have ever said about him. But I am always looking for something positive to say about those I dislike...Trump fights for what he believes in. There. Mr. Trump could be so much more than what he is. Imagine DC if you will, Trump giving a major speech solely dedicated to elevating those he has isolated. Yeah, hard to imagine that.

@ everyone - The greatest public servants are those which seek gains for all. We have two sets of dregs on our republic (imo) - those who refuse to uplift themselves in the slightest and burden the hardworking, and those who hoard riches without regard for its effects on our society. These are the two true narratives at work against each other in America. I submit that hatred towards either solves nothing. Compassion and compromise does. An increased practice of faith in each other, coupled with inclusive ideas is what will reinvent American exceptionalism...and shit.

- Unknown
washingtonparkjones

There are two enormous myths at work in this election - Bill Maher zombie lies

1- Hillary is dishonest. It started with a baseless Bill Saffire editorial a while back that was ultimately shown to be 100% bullshit. Politifact rated her the MOST honest candidate running in either primary. Hillary is not getting "taken down." Its been investigated for a long ass time. If indictments were coming it would have happened.

2- Trump is a good businessman. First of all, its hella easy to make money in real estate if you have the cash. According to Forbes, Trump would be worth more now just investing in index funds from the beginning. Shouldn't that be the measure of a "successful" business man - you have to do better than safe investments?

Trumps business reputation is that he screws his partners. Trump Palace being the most notorious example. Now its Trump University - he's not going to be able to run from that snake oil fallout. He's a scumbag and that scam is going to eat him alive.

Trumps biggest success is convincing people that his name is worth something. How's that for the biggest scam in the world - no product, no guidance - just pay me gobs for adding my name and my name is worth something because thats what he keeps telling everybody. PT Barnum and there's a sucker born every minute.
dcapodic

washingtonparkjones wrote:There are two enormous myths at work in this election - Bill Maher zombie lies

1- Hillary is dishonest. It started with a baseless Bill Saffire editorial a while back that was ultimately shown to be 100% bullshit. Politifact rated her the MOST honest candidate running in either primary. Hillary is not getting "taken down." Its been investigated for a long ass time. If indictments were coming it would have happened.

2- Trump is a good businessman. First of all, its hella easy to make money in real estate if you have the cash. According to Forbes, Trump would be worth more now just investing in index funds from the beginning. Shouldn't that be the measure of a "successful" business man - you have to do better than safe investments?

Trumps business reputation is that he screws his partners. Trump Palace being the most notorious example. Now its Trump University - he's not going to be able to run from that snake oil fallout. He's a scumbag and that scam is going to eat him alive.

Trumps biggest success is convincing people that his name is worth something. How's that for the biggest scam in the world - no product, no guidance - just pay me gobs for adding my name and my name is worth something because thats what he keeps telling everybody. PT Barnum and there's a sucker born every minute.
Seriously?!?

IMHO, even some of the most ardent Dems and Hillary supporters would disagree with your first point. Hillary has name recognition. She is obviously a staunch democrat and someone people of like mind can rally behind for liberal issues. She has a wide support range and will try her hardest to win the minority and women's vote. She has an excellent chance of winning.

That being said, she is anything but honest. Or, for that matter she is anything but what she likes her image to be. Personally, I think she would (and her record shows) do anything she could for a vote, has failed at virtually everything she has been involved with in a political sense and is only where she is based on the fact that there was no one else with any juice to run (see Trump for proof of the same thing on the GOP side).

Honest?!? Not a word I would use to describe Hillary.

Oh, by the way these comments come from someone that supported her in 2008. I didn't fool myself then, just thought she was the best candidate and I won't fool myself now.
dcapodic

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... ary-obama/

The fact that POTUS OBama said what he said in April was bad enough:
Obama’s advice may have pushed some voters to “leave.” In April, he warned British voters they would be at the “back of the queue” in trade with the U.S. if they left the EU
"threatening" perhaps the US longest and strongest ally and undoing centuries of good will. Then, to make matters worse he picked the wrong side to be on. No other way to say it, POTUS OBama foreign policy has been a disaster in the making from the start.
Surely—surely—this is an issue on which the British people, and they alone, have the right to decide, without the intervention of President Obama, who adopted his haughtiest professorial manner when lecturing us to stay in the EU, before making the naked threat that we would be sent “to the back of the queue” (i.e., the back of the line) in any future trade deals if we had the temerity to vote to leave.

Was my country at the back of the line when Winston Churchill promised in 1941 that in the event of a Japanese attack on the U.S., a British declaration of war on Japan would be made within the hour?

Were we at the back of the line on 9/11, or did we step forward immediately and instinctively as the very first of your allies to contribute troops to join you in the expulsion of the Taliban, al Qaeda’s hosts, from power in Afghanistan?

Or in Iraq two years later, was it the French or the Germans or the Belgians who stood and fought and bled beside you? Whatever views you might have over the rights or wrongs of that war, no one can deny that Britain was in its accustomed place: at the front of the line, in the firing line. So it is not right for President Obama now to threaten to send us to the back of the line.
....and falling right in line, Hillary also backed the UK staying. Of course, we all know how good Hillary's experience in foreign affairs is. The person they backed, David Cameron just resigned.