Jets trade up for the Number 3 Pick!

Talk about anything and everything.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

ISIAH_THOMAS
Likes given: 52

Jets traded with the colts and can now can pick Rosen or darnold assuming Barkley goes top 2

Giants second pick

Jets third

Wow
Fxck Adam Silver
dcapodic
Likes given: 0

Mixed feelings about this. Once Cousins was gone, I was ok with them just going the course....use all of the cap space they have to build up the roster and then they were flush with high picks, so more solid players to solidify the roster.

This trade only makes sense if they have a specific player in mind and they KNOW he is gonna be there at 3. I keep hearing the "experts" talking about, "Well they might have 2 or 3 QB's available to them at 3"....you don't give away 3 high second round picks for a chance at 1 of 3 QB's, or the "leftovers". THAT would be a Jets move :) I am REALLY hopeful that they REALLY like one of the QB's and figure he is gonna be there for them.

If not, then I really dislike this move. Too much to pay for just a hope to get what is leftover. The thing is, we may never know what they really have in mind. Whomever they pick, they will say that was their number one target :) The only way we would know for sure is if Cle and NYG go for non-QB's and the Jets have their pick of the QB's. This has a real chance of happening as lots of reports had Cle taking Barkley at 1 then looking to get a QB at 4 and the Giants may look for more of an immediate impact player as they are more in "win now" mode.

It's like with the Knicks....I always fear the worst when they make a bold move that it is more about the move than a real plan. I hope I am wrong and the Jets have someone targetted!!
- Me being the resident optimist around this cesspool of doom and gloom, StevoStarks, circa 2019
dcapodic

Any thoughts on the upcoming Football draft, tomorrow, April 26th ?!?
- Me being the resident optimist around this cesspool of doom and gloom, StevoStarks, circa 2019
Irv
Administrator
Likes given: 183

Mayfield or Rosen, but I admit I have no idea who's the best QB in this draft.
dcapodic

Irv wrote:Mayfield or Rosen, but I admit I have no idea who's the best QB in this draft.
I like Mayfield but not Rosen, he seems like an injury waiting to happen.

Hanging my head low....I am a Jets fan and am hoping for Josh Allen or Mayfield. I also do not prefer Sam Darnold. He is a turn over waiting to happen.

I think the thing that is most interesting about this draft is that there is no clear cut order to what might happen early. Cleveland having the first and fourth picks want a QB and Barkley and are trying to figure a way to do that. It seems the Giants at two are set on Barkley so does Cle take a risk and draft Barkley first?
ISIAH_THOMAS

so the jets ended up/with darnold a lot of analyst thought he should of been the number 1 pick

Not bad
Fxck Adam Silver
dcapodic

ISIAH_THOMAS wrote:so the jets ended up/with darnold a lot of analyst thought he should of been the number 1 pick

Not bad
Yea, he def was not my preference but what do I know :) It is kinda cool that they got the guy that many consider the best QB in the draft so I am hopeful. I was not pleased when he was holding out signing his rookie contract over a silliness that the other top picks did not bother with. But, it ended quickly on a compromise.

The guy that is VERY intriguing for the Jets though is Teddy Bridgewater. By all reports he is playing very well. He may just wind up getting back a decent draft pick as the season rolls on and teams have their QB's go down but I would be really interested if he could win the starting spot and play with the Jets come opening day.
ISIAH_THOMAS

yea if the jets were smart and teddy looks good in/camp start him/get his trade value up and get a nice pick.

Hell if the jets are somehow winning enough to make the playoffs maybe keep him
Fxck Adam Silver
dcapodic

ISIAH_THOMAS wrote:yea if the jets were smart and teddy looks good in/camp start him/get his trade value up and get a nice pick.

Hell if the jets are somehow winning enough to make the playoffs maybe keep him
Exactly how I feel also.

From all indications, the offensive line is gonna be bad so no need to get D'Arnold beaten up early on. Let one of the other guys play, preferably Bridgewater if he wins it and let's see where it goes. If Bridgewater is healthy, he may be the best option anyway. So yea, build him up in value and see how the season progresses. It gives D'Arnold more time to get comfortable.
Irv
Administrator

Darnold, pronounced darn-old. He's not an oft-injured catcher for the New York Mess.
dcapodic

Irv wrote:Darnold, pronounced darn-old. He's not an oft-injured catcher for the New York Mess.
Ha! Good catch Irv. I certainly hope he is a bit more durable than his the Mets version!
thewatcher
Likes given: 2608

JETS!!!!!!
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
ISIAH_THOMAS

Well this didn't end up well

Zach Wilson time...
Fxck Adam Silver
Irv
Administrator

ISIAH_THOMAS wrote: April 11th, 2021, 3:52 pm Well this didn't end up well

Zach Wilson time...
Institutional failure by the Jets, even though Darnold didn't do himself any favors either.

At least this time, better people are in place in terms of front office and coaching personnel, and Mekhi Becton.