5/20/08: NBA Draft Lottery Thread (8:00 PM EDT, ESPN)

Discuss NCAA and international hoops and scout and evaluate players for the NBA Draft.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

Mase in your face
Likes given: 0

nbafreak724 wrote:Are you kidding me? Why the hell out of all the teams did CHICAGO have to win?!?! :cry:
Can someone explain what they meant when they announced Charlotte's pick, they said that it meant the Bulls were in the top 3? How'd that work?

Anyone else notice that when they were going through the representatives of each team, the lady got the name wrong of the Bulls guy...thats probably how he won :cry:

Oh well, 6th pick is better than nothing. Now onto discuss who we can get...
only the top 3 picks are determined by ping pong balls. after that it goes by worst record.
so if a team skips a spot, it means they moved up.

i was fuckin pissed when i saw that because i had a feeling they'd win it. i don tknow how
RIP Anthony Mason 2-28-2015
nbafreak724

I still cant believe it. I mean havent the Bulls done enough damage to us.
First with Jordan. Then with Curry. Now possibly taking our dream point guard
"Come at the king, you best not miss."
Mase in your face

thewatcher wrote:We slipped one place, probably wont effect who we wouldve picked at 5. So we didnt get lucky? thats life. We got lucky getting Walsh and DAntoni. And Isiah's gone. So it wont be as easy as we wouldve liked. Mike and Donnie will pick a stud either way and we'll be fine.
lol thanks for the optimism :)

you're right though. nothing we can do.

we'll get a jerryd bayless, eric gordon type player. still pretty good
RIP Anthony Mason 2-28-2015
Ju399446

Well like they said... the celtics got owned last year but by the end of the offseason they ended up with a 3 headed monster.... so who knows what can happen in ny...
I will not purchase any official NBA merchandise until David Stern leaves the organization...
Ju399446

nbafreak724 wrote:I still cant believe it. I mean havent the Bulls done enough damage to us.
First with Jordan. Then with Curry. Now possibly taking our dream point guard
PLease dont remind me. I try to forget every night b4 i go to sleep....
I will not purchase any official NBA merchandise until David Stern leaves the organization...
taowave
Likes given: 817

Guys,whats the big deal...We werent getting a top 2 pick and outside of Rose/Beasly,I would rather draft a big like McGee/Randolph or go for Westbrook...
Isa Soulstar
Likes given: 2

StevoStarks wrote:That really, really hurts.
oOoO...VOTE REPUBLICAN...OoOo
gjw78
Likes given: 3

Damn...there's about 50 people in this thread right now!!! Well folks, no more Knicks excitement for tonight, I can't bear to think about it anymore...my girlfriend says David Archuleta is on American Idol....i think only he can take my mind off of the frustration of the lottery! :whacky:
bronxbomberz

thewatcher wrote:We slipped one place, probably wont effect who we wouldve picked at 5. So we didnt get lucky? thats life. We got lucky getting Walsh and DAntoni. And Isiah's gone. So it wont be as easy as we wouldve liked. Mike and Donnie will pick a stud either way and we'll be fine.
Good points watcher. Let's be confident guys, at least Isiah is gone and we have a good coach. We can still get Bayless, Augustin, etc.
I can't wait to hear the words "former President Bush".
Ju399446

gjw78 wrote:Damn...there's about 50 people in this thread right now!!! Well folks, no more Knicks excitement for tonight, I can't bear to think about it anymore...my girlfriend says David Archuleta is on American Idol....i think only he can take my mind off of the frustration of the lottery! :whacky:
lmao haha thanks for making me laugh. however, the joy was only temporarily... now im back to hating my life because the knicks did not get a top 2 pick.
nbafreak724

Dammit David Stern. I wouldve given you a tiny bit of more respect if you rigged this for us but no. Now I hate you even more, which I thought wasnt possible. Fuck you David Stern, you suck at life.
Ju399446

7 years of draft lottery and not once have we been able to land the top 2....
bronxbomberz

I'm more pissed at Isiah for giving the Bulls our previous two lottery picks. Think about it guys, we had three lottery picks in the past few years, this one didn't get "stolen" from us, the first two in the fatty Curry deal did.
I can't wait to hear the words "former President Bush".
YouthMovement

bronxbomberz wrote:I'm more pissed at Isiah for giving the Bulls our previous two lottery picks. Think about it guys, we had three lottery picks in the past few years, this one didn't get "stolen" from us, the first two in the fatty Curry deal did.
FUCK ZEKE
nbafreak724

I hope Zeke is getting mauled right now by all the European Knick fans.
thewatcher
Likes given: 2626

Rebound its gonna be ok!! :)
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
ap215

Well how about that.
StevoStarks
Likes given: 9

Ok, time to move on. It is what it is. So who is going to be around when we pick?

1. Rose
2. Beasley
3.?
4.?
5.?
6.?
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
OrangeAndBlue

1. Chicago pick Rose

2. Miami pick Beasley

3. Minnesota pick Mayo

4. Seattle pick Lopez

5. Memphis pick Love

6. Knicks pick Bayless

Considering their current rosters, that's how I think it will go. Hinrich's now available if we don't get Bayless, Mayo or another PG. Love's the most logical fit for the Grizzlies but they defy logic.
Boston_PuppyDawg

we need to pull ourselves together and not panic.....we're six in a draft that's in favor of the first 10 teams (if you ask me) .....we've been having surprising luck so far with the acquisition of D'Antoni and Walsh.....there's a lot of players that might be available at 6 for us....we should be grateful that this year we have a lottery period....it's not the end of the world....and certainly not the end of the season either....we have an intelligent Walsh at the helm this year as oppose to a trigger happy Isiah....
Calderon: "It’s no fun when you try to win for the Knicks and people want you out of the Knicks.” (2/18/16)