Ten trivia questions.

Test your NBA trivia knowledge against other NYKFP forum members.

Moderator: Irv

YouthMovement
Likes given: 0

derrick coleman. the city is DC
Naan

You got it.

6. A senior point guard out of Wake Forest, I was drafted shortly after another highly notable point guard who, like me, has since averaged double-digits in assists over a full season. Eventually becoming the Hornets' starting point, I soon proved to be essential to the team's success; my speed and ball-handling skills allow me to squeak through almost any defense. I've also made a name for myself stealing the ball. I got myself a gold medal playing for the U.S. National Men's Team. Who am I?
YouthMovement

mugsy bogues
Naan

Right, seeing as how Chris Paul was a sophomore. Kevin Johnson was the point guard drafted before Bogues.

7. My motto is "Fear the trey". I'm known for shooting the lights out, plain and simple. The kind of shooting that makes people All-Stars, which I've been (as a Sonic). The kind of shooting that gets you on the short list for all-time three-pointers made. The kind of shooting that wins Three-Point Shootouts, which I've done once. Actually, that same year I also represented Seattle on the All-NBA list. Among others, I also took my trademark quick release to Milwaukee. You can look this up: what state college did I get drafted out of?
spree#8
Likes given: 540

Naanination wrote:Right, seeing as how Chris Paul was a sophomore. Kevin Johnson was the point guard drafted before Bogues.

7. My motto is "Fear the trey". I'm known for shooting the lights out, plain and simple. The kind of shooting that makes people All-Stars, which I've been (as a Sonic). The kind of shooting that gets you on the short list for all-time three-pointers made. The kind of shooting that wins Three-Point Shootouts, which I've done once. Actually, that same year I also represented Seattle on the All-NBA list. Among others, I also took my trademark quick release to Milwaukee. You can look this up: what state college did I get drafted out of?
That should be Dale Ellis, University of Tennessee.
#knickstape
Naan

Way to go.

8. Of the handful of big men to skip college for the pros, I've done just about as well as anybody. I played high school ball in the south. Interesting fact: the team in question once had the number one pick in two consecutive drafts. In my rookie season in the NBA, I established myself early on as one of the league's premier rebounders. I came right in averaging a double-double, and after a few years, my scoring average even topped the twenties. By the time my third season was over, I was an All-NBA First-teamer. At my best, I'm known as a master of the offensive glass, and an MVP-caliber low-post threat? Also what's my connection to dunk contests? (Won it, played with someone who won it, or competed in it, but never won it?)
YouthMovement

It's not Dwight Howard, so I'm going to say Moses Malone. I can't get the dunk contest thing without looking that up.
Naan

He was the teammate of Doctor J, a dunk contest winner.

9. Born and raised in Queens, New York, I was making the papers back home by age fourteen. My deft handle, speed, scoring and play-making skills made me not only a local legend, but nationally yet another in a long line of highly-touted New York City point guards. After a shortened collegiate career at Georgia Tech, I was a top-5 pick in the NBA Draft during the 90's. For several years I was at my flashy best (you may recall, for instance, an All-Star appearance of mine as a Net) before my production began to dip. I've played alongside another guy in this quiz.
YouthMovement

Kenny Anderson played with Derrick Coleman.
Naan

You never had to use one lifeline.

10. After being drafted fifth overall by Miami, I was quickly inserted as their starting shooting guard, scoring in the teens to go with four and a half assists to help end Miami's Playoff drought my rookie year. My smooth moves also landed my number 3 jersey on a highlight reel or two in the process. As far as career achievements go, I've earned All-Star as well as Championship bragging rights, not to mention Olympic gold, thank you very much. Not too shabby for a kid born in Highland Park. Who am I and what mid-western state did I play college ball in?
spree#8
Likes given: 540

Naanination wrote:You never had to use one lifeline.

10. After being drafted fifth overall by Miami, I was quickly inserted as their starting shooting guard, scoring in the teens to go with four and a half assists to help end Miami's Playoff drought my rookie year. My smooth moves also landed my number 3 jersey on a highlight reel or two in the process. As far as career achievements go, I've earned All-Star as well as Championship bragging rights, not to mention Olympic gold, thank you very much. Not too shabby for a kid born in Highland Park. Who am I and what mid-western state did I play college ball in?
I guess Steve Smith, don't know the college right now...
#knickstape
Naan

Michigan is the college.

Great work to all of you. I thought most of these questions were unbelievable. When I first read them, the obvious guesses were:

1. Michael Jordan
2. Kobe Bryant
3. Shaquille O'Neal
4. Dirk Nowitzki
5. Kenyon Martin
6. Chris Paul
7. Ray Allen
8. Dwight Howard
9. Stephon Marbury
10. Dwyane Wade
Isa Soulstar
Likes given: 2

Great thread.

Call me crazy but I just noticed there's a trivia thread (I'm ADHD, I got an excuse so fuck you, alright?); what a phenomenal idea.
oOoO...VOTE REPUBLICAN...OoOo
nbafreak724

Whatever happened to this? This part of the forum has been untouched. Let's get this rolling again.

Bring out some more questions, Naan!
"Come at the king, you best not miss."
Swiss-GrandMa

Naan, 1 for you:

The team I played for had exactly 1 offensive play, we played it day in and day out. We were pretty successful with it, but we never managed to win it all. I wasn't the main offensive weapon but once I got the ball you could be sure that it was all net. Look at me, am I a nba player? I could easily pass as an accountant. And you know what, I love my face!

by the way, in a later stage my ball club did send out a curse.

Who am I?
Naan

<--- Is it that guy? Who is it?
Swiss-GrandMa

Naan wrote:<--- Is it that guy? Who is it?
hey naan what happened with your logical reasoning? I gave so many hints!

The Suns had only 1 play?
Stoudemire can pass as an accountant?
and 'in a later stage the suns send a curse (bane)'?

...what happened with all the nba experts :-)!!
nbafreak724

Random guess....Jeff Hornacek?
Swiss-GrandMa

dammit and I thought it was a tricky one!!
nbafreak724

Haha I was trying to think of players who looked like they didnt belong in the NBA. Then I remembered Hornacek used to wipe his face when he was at the free throw line. Good clues though.

Although I didnt understand the whole curse thing...the Jazz are cursed?