We Failed

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

taowave
Likes given: 817

Yes,the great free agent experiment that Walsh had no choice but to carry out,will not bring the desired results we all hoped for...

Amare was a major gamble,and dont think guaranteeing him that 5th year wast the reason he came here.Phoenix has the best medical staff in the NBA,and if they didnt think he could last at a high level,why should we??

Answer?? Desperation..

Like Melo or not,without a great point guard the Melo/healthy Amare is a train wreck.And that is when and if Amare is healthy.

Sorry Knick hopeful,Raymond Felton is not an elite floor general.Put the gun to my head,and I would take the unknown upside of Lin vs the proven worth of Felton.Yes he came cheap,but one great year under Mike D does not make one an elite floor general.Mike D almost made Duhon look like an NBA player..

If there is a fountain of youth,we may be in luck.Kidd is precisely what the doctor ordered,just 5 years to late.Sadly,the same can be said for Camby.

To make matters worse,lady luch proves to be ever elusive.We catch lightening in a bottle with Lin and Shumpert,and one tears his Meniscus and the other shreds his knee.

I am sorry guys,against mediocre teams,Melo is a four.The problem is,who the hell is our 3?
Brewer?? Novak??

Does anyone believe for a split second that is a serious playoff lineup??

IMHO,there is one player that can provide a sliver of hope,and that is J Kidd...

Only under his leadership can a lineup of Chandler,Amare,Melo and JR Smith have a chance of working.

That group left to their own devices is a recipefor failure.

With Kidd barking out the plays,we have a chance..

Anything else is failure
spree#8
Likes given: 540

Can we play regular season basketball before we say we failed? I don't even expect an answer for this question before next years playoffs, but to talk about this before the start of the season is definitely a bit premature, isn't it? The Lakers are 0-6 in preseason basketball and are still favored to win the West.
Last edited by spree#8 on October 23rd, 2012, 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
#knickstape
Minkaveli
Likes given: 172

No longer sick and tired that Kurt wasn't hired.
KnicksRUs
Likes given: 0

I agree with Spree.

Let's calm the fuck down here.
"I hate them" - Stugotz
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

Wow....

My head's shaking so hard, I cant even write a retort for that
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
washingtonparkjones

OMFG

credibility fail
N8theGR8

Tao, all points you made are worthy observations that should be noted and logged into a report to reach a final conclusion, which is far too premature to reach at this juncture.
ONCE A KNICK, ALWAYS A KNICK.
NYGM
Likes given: 472

Wow!!!! PANIC already?.. Is this nykfanpage forum?.. :LOL:
StevoStarks
Likes given: 9

NYGM wrote:Wow!!!! PANIC already?.. Is this nykfanpage forum?.. :LOL:
I know. Par for the course.

Yeah, I agree with everyone, but Tao. Let's calm the flip down. Although, Tao, I'll give you the failure on the Amare / Melo experiment. That's not working out too well up to this point. BUT, that was with Mike D at the helm. Let's see if Woody can make it work. Seriously, why couldn't it? They both play hoops. And they both play different positions. What's the big f*cking deal?
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
n8 the gr8
Likes given: 158

This is what happens when you're a knick fan for too long. We all have our moments of despair. It's just for most of us it happens in the regular season.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
Boston_PuppyDawg

spree#8 wrote:Can we play regular season basketball before we say we failed? I don't even expect an answer for this question before next years playoffs, but to talk about this before the start of the season is definitely a bit premature, isn't it? The Lakers are 0-6 in preseason basketball and are still favored to win the West.
I was going to ask what was this "failure" based on lol but i guess you beat me to it spree
Calderon: "It’s no fun when you try to win for the Knicks and people want you out of the Knicks.” (2/18/16)
KnicksFanInSouthFL

N8theGR8 wrote:Tao, all points you made are worthy observations that should be noted and logged into a report to reach a final conclusion, which is far too premature to reach at this juncture.
:D sounds Spock inspired...
Is Melo-God Zen-o-phobic?
rynyk222

lets put things in perspective.

we are playing without 4 main rotation players and 3 perennial starters.

STAT
JR
IMAN
Camby

Silver lining is that we discovered Pablo and Cope can def play with White showing he can play spot minutes if needed.

Lets get Brewer some more PT before judging his success/bust.

we need to play as a complete unit...or at the minimum with 2 out of those 4 guys back.

im practicing patience here....but if we effin lose to the brookyn NUTS i will lose my effin sh#t.
"I'm cool with whatever. I'll just keep eating my bread, sipping my soup and serving my time. But the chicken is going to lay some more eggs one day." - Oakley as a veteran, on being benched in favor of teenagers.

"He's a lawyer, not a GM. You can't spend $250 million on contracts and not make the playoffs. Vince Carter's mom runs that team. She's the GM." - Oakley on Toronto GM Glen Grunwald.
taowave

I repeat...We failed..

If you have to wait to see 30 games into the season to read the handwriting on the wall,then at least brace yourself for reality,before it punches you in the gonads..
StevoStarks
Likes given: 9

taowave wrote:I repeat...We failed..

If you have to wait to see 30 games into the season to read the handwriting on the wall,then at least brace yourself for reality,before it punches you in the gonads..
History with this team will prove you right. In fact, if I was forced to bet if the Knicks would be underachieving or overachieving after 30 games then I would bet underachieving because of the way things have gone.

It's has been a carousel of disappointment. And even though the roster looks better than ever, the Knicks just have a way of letting everyone down.

Still, the season hasn't started and there is reason to believe this year will be different.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
taowave

Would you like the Vegas odds makers to hold off also???

Il tell them its too early for you:)

Here you go homers,put down all your chips at 35-1 odds on the Knicks.It was 40-1 a month ago..
P.S. The Lakers are 11/4..Nobodys panicking

Miami Heat 9/4
Los Angeles Lakers 11/4
Oklahoma City Thunder 17/4
Boston Celtics 16/1
Chicago Bulls 16/1
San Antonio Spurs 16/1
Los Angeles Clippers 25/1
Brooklyn Nets 28/1
Denver Nuggets 28/1
Indiana Pacers 30/1
Memphis Grizzlies 35/1
New York Knicks 35/1
Dallas Mavericks 40/1
Philadelphia 76ers 50/1
Atlanta Hawks 75/1
Minnesota Timberwolves 75/1
Houston Rockets 100/1
Utah Jazz 100/1
Portland Trail Blazers 125/1
Golden State Warriors 150/1
Milwaukee Bucks 150/1
Orlando Magic 150/1
Cleveland Cavaliers 200/1
New Orleans Hornets 200/1
Phoenix Suns 200/1
Detroit Pistons 250/1
Sacramento Kings 250/1
Toronto Raptors 250/1
Washington Wizards 250/1
Charlotte Bobcats 500/1

spree#8 wrote:Can we play regular season basketball before we say we failed? I don't even expect an answer for this question before next years playoffs, but to talk about this before the start of the season is definitely a bit premature, isn't it? The Lakers are 0-6 in preseason basketball and are still favored to win the West.
Last edited by taowave on October 23rd, 2012, 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
taowave

Well,then,I assume you have put up all your potato chips at 35-1 odds for the Knicks to win it all.

If we make the second round,you will be able to spread the bet and lock in a fortune..

Why do i get vthe feeling you havent put up 10 cents:)

BTW,I had no idea of the line until the homers came out of the woodwork and started squawking.

I was really suprised to see the Knicks at 35 -1.Clearly,the betting world is on my side.

Of course the Monday morning quarterbacks and homers will now tell me 35-1 is what a caliber championship team should go off at..

washingtonparkjones wrote:OMFG

credibility fail
Nononsense

This thread may be a bit premature, but if you've watched all the preseason games like I have, you'd know that we got a lot of work to do. Never mind the fact that we've lost three straight. Someone pointed out that the Lakers are winless thus far in preseason. This is true, but it's not JUST the three losses that we've accumlated. It's the way we lost those games. Honestly, I don't even like the way we looked during the two wins we had. Our offense lacks fluidity. Too much standing around. Seriously, next game, just watch the players that don't have the ball. They just stand there waiting for something magical to happen. Melo does this a lot. Floor spacing has been horrible too. At least 3 of the 5 players on the floor seem to routinely congregate in the same vicinity almost as if they were in a huddle during timeout. I can't remember if I read it or if I watched an interview, but I recall Woodson recently saying that since he has a veteran group of guys, Woodson himself doesn't need to call plays offensively. WRONG ANSWER BUDDY. Please get your offensive schemes together and implement them. Far too many times, our offense looked like chaotic helter skelter. Again, it's not JUST the preseason losses but more so how we lost.
taowave

Thats my issue with this group(besides the age) and Amare/Melo..

If Nash or CPaul was running this squad,we wouldnt need Woody's genius..

Its up to Kidd toget these jokers on the same page,and more importantly find a $%&*ing training staff that can keep our players knees in one piece.

Nononsense wrote:This thread may be a bit premature, but if you've watched all the preseason games like I have, you'd know that we got a lot of work to do. Never mind the fact that we've lost three straight. Someone pointed out that the Lakers are winless thus far in preseason. This is true, but it's not JUST the three losses that we've accumlated. It's the way we lost those games. Honestly, I don't even like the way we looked during the two wins we had. Our offense lacks fluidity. Too much standing around. Seriously, next game, just watch the players that don't have the ball. They just stand there waiting for something magical to happen. Melo does this a lot. Floor spacing has been horrible too. At least 3 of the 5 players on the floor seem to routinely congregate in the same vicinity almost as if they were in a huddle during timeout. I can't remember if I read it or if I watched an interview, but I recall Woodson recently saying that since he has a veteran group of guys, Woodson himself doesn't need to call plays offensively. WRONG ANSWER BUDDY. Please get your offensive schemes together and implement them. Far too many times, our offense looked like chaotic helter skelter. Again, it's not JUST the preseason losses but more so how we lost.
Adi

[youtube]K_Doyh6q76M[/youtube]
I do that to stay closer to God

-Stephon Marbury