2013 NBA Free Agents

Post all your ideas for trade proposals and signings to improve the Knicks or other NBA teams.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

dayday
Likes given: 0

NYGM wrote:First, stop pretending Melo is a PF .

Second, put back Shump at SG..

Third, as some of you already said just bring players will be in the rotation...

Bottom line, put players in position to succeed...
What he said.
DolanCurse2001

I think Grunwald will only sign FA's if we cannot resign our own. I don't see a PG out there who I would take over Prigioni or bigs over KMart and Camby. We won't be able to do much with $3M.
KnickFanMidwest

Well we have to do SOMETHING in the BIGS department! I hate to say it, but Camby & Amare are just not Reliable!
-Native New Yorker Exiled to the Mid-West.
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1123

Kn1cksAreBack wrote:I think Grunwald will only sign FA's if we cannot resign our own. I don't see a PG out there who I would take over Prigioni or bigs over KMart and Camby. We won't be able to do much with $3M.
I doubt we'll be looking for PGs in the free agent market unless it is via trade................b/c you are right, there isn't any talent that is obtainable for us at the PG position in the free agent market.

We'll be strictly looking for wing players or some bigs in free agency, and we might trade for the draft rights of young PGs in the draft that will possibly drop to the second round.
Don Che
Likes given: 9

I think the offense was stagnant when Felton was off the floor because Prigs was unable to get to the basket or JR just didn't go to the basket.

I think we should address it depending on who stays and who goes.

If Pablo/JR leave I'd look at Isaiah Thomas/Devin Harris/Jose Calderon as a back up.

If only JR leaves I'd lookat someone at the 2 spot that can either shoot it incredibly or a combo guard that can get to the rim. Either way we need a guy that applies pressure. So we have a flow to our offense.

I also think we don't need to overhaul our frontline, I just think Woodson should play our frontline.

Camby should of been playing. Amar'e(I just believe his worst days are behind him), Tyson always plays, Kenyon should be back. Thats 4 guys, we just need to grab a young to groom that will be ready down the line.
KnickFanMidwest

Don Che wrote:I think the offense was stagnant when Felton was off the floor because Prigs was unable to get to the basket or JR just didn't go to the basket.

I think we should address it depending on who stays and who goes.

If Pablo/JR leave I'd look at Isaiah Thomas/Devin Harris/Jose Calderon as a back up.

If only JR leaves I'd lookat someone at the 2 spot that can either shoot it incredibly or a combo guard that can get to the rim. Either way we need a guy that applies pressure. So we have a flow to our offense.

I also think we don't need to overhaul our frontline, I just think Woodson should play our frontline.

Camby should of been playing. Amar'e(I just believe his worst days are behind him), Tyson always plays, Kenyon should be back. Thats 4 guys, we just need to grab a young to groom that will be ready down the line.
Don, I hate to blow up your plan, but I am pretty sure that they are going to re-sign JR.

Although I do like that Isiah Thomas kid, they will more than likely use their late 1st round pick to draft a PG.

The MLE money should be used to retain & sign atleast one NEW BIG. Camby & Amare are just not Reliable & although I wil be the first one in line to root for those two do do well next season, not to have a "backup plan" just in case they fall apart again is NOT SMART.
KnickFanMidwest

I should probably start a 2013 Draft thread, but I just wanted to say that if we Luck Out and manage to pick up Lorenzo Brown or (at the opposite side of the spectrum) Jeff Withey @ the 24th pick - I will be VERY HAPPY!
electrifire6

KnickFanMidwest wrote:I should probably start a 2013 Draft thread, but I just wanted to say that if we Luck Out and manage to pick up Lorenzo Brown or (at the opposite side of the spectrum) Jeff Withey @ the 24th pick - I will be VERY HAPPY!
Two choices I would also be very happy with.
"I think Jerome [James] is one of the best defensive big men in the game in terms of the center position." -Isiah Thomas, February 3, 2007
spree#8
Likes given: 540

KnickFanMidwest wrote:I should probably start a 2013 Draft thread, but I just wanted to say that if we Luck Out and manage to pick up Lorenzo Brown or (at the opposite side of the spectrum) Jeff Withey @ the 24th pick - I will be VERY HAPPY!
We have already one well established 2013 draft thread in the appropriate forum. http://forums.nykfp.com/viewtopic.php?f ... &start=180
#knickstape
Don Che

Lorenzo looks great on paper but a lot of scouts are down on him after seeing him live...but thinking about a 6'5/6'5 defensive backcourt makes me cry happy tears.

He needs to get his shots up tho to make it to the next level.
KnickFanMidwest

Rumor is that the Bulls are not going to resign Nate & that Melo wants another Scoring option on the team. We can kill two birds with one stone by signing Nate & then also not have to worry about resigning Pablo:

Felton/Nate/Kidd
JR/Shump/Kidd
Melo/? Barnes? Cope?
Amare/Kmart/Barron
Chandler/Camby/Withey

If you have not seen this Withey kid play - trust me - he is a Blocking Machine & is able to finish around the rim. He is projected to fall to 24.
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

KnickFanMidwest wrote:Rumor is that the Bulls are not going to resign Nate & that Melo wants another Scoring option on the team. We can kill two birds with one stone by signing Nate & then also not have to worry about resigning Pablo:

Felton/Nate/Kidd
JR/Shump/Kidd
Melo/? Barnes? Cope?
Amare/Kmart/Barron
Chandler/Camby/Withey

If you have not seen this Withey kid play - trust me - he is a Blocking Machine & is able to finish around the rim. He is projected to fall to 24.
Id fully endorse everything here. In fact I love it except for one thing. Shumpert starts over JR. But overall, this is he type of talent we need. And take the question marks away. Its exactly what we should do.
KnickFanMidwest

Nazr, I would rather have Shump Start as well, however - even after the joking around - I am concerned about Nate & JR getting into a fight while playing on the court at the same time. That is a LOT of EGO.
thewatcher
Likes given: 2626

Looks like nate isnt returning ti Chi-town, (fck them). http://pippenainteasy.com/2013/05/29/na ... ee-agency/
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
Don Che

Hate to blow up your plan KFM but we are not going to sign Nate AND keep J.R.

It's one or the other..not both. They are both combo guards and Iman is going to start here as long as he is here.

But I agree..fill out the question marks...if we sign Nate..Not sign JR..we keep Kidd as the back up 2 who he is now anyway.

Tyson/Kenyon
STAT/?/Cope
Melo/Cope/?
Shump/Kidd
Felton/Nate/?

We can draft a wing player here or a big since Camby should be in play next season also. We still have Sims in the D League. We can really be creative here.

I know a lot of ppl want to blow the team up..and I get it..I just don't see if thats possible. Unless we trade Tyson and/or Shump which is basically trading away defense for the hope of both coming back. Our offensive sets need to be better..talent wise we have enough scorers..just have to get them better shots.
nazrmohamed

Until Amare gets hurt.
Don Che

Bad luck only lasts so long..Amar'e is too persistent for him to be hurt every year..at this point its been 2 years..it gotta be behind him..he's barely 30
nazrmohamed

How bout for once, just once we do something revolutionary. We prepare and plan as if he wont be our starting PF and when he does we can all act pleasantly surprized.
nazrmohamed

Don Che wrote:Hate to blow up your plan KFM but we are not going to sign Nate AND keep J.R.

It's one or the other..not both. They are both combo guards and Iman is going to start here as long as he is here.

But I agree..fill out the question marks...if we sign Nate..Not sign JR..we keep Kidd as the back up 2 who he is now anyway.

Tyson/Kenyon
STAT/?/Cope
Melo/Cope/?
Shump/Kidd
Felton/Nate/?

We can draft a wing player here or a big since Camby should be in play next season also. We still have Sims in the D League. We can really be creative here.

I know a lot of ppl want to blow the team up..and I get it..I just don't see if thats possible. Unless we trade Tyson and/or Shump which is basically trading away defense for the hope of both coming back. Our offensive sets need to be better..talent wise we have enough scorers..just have to get them better shots.
My lineup would differ in this regard.

Felton/Priggs
Shumpert/JR
Melo/Barnes/Novak
Amare/Copeland
Chandler/Kmart/Camby

Id then want to draft one of Larkin/Mitchell/Rice.
KnickFanMidwest

Nazr, that ^ does not address of Center problem - which in by opinion is our #1 concern. Kmart is a great PF - but is too small to play C & do you really want to depend on Camby after last season? We need a dependable backup Center.