Final Tape | Loss to the Wizards

Stay up to date on changes and announcements to NYKFP.

Moderator: Irv

Naan
Likes given: 0

For those of you who missed the game, I'm not recapping it because why would I do that to you or myself? I'm going to Mike Woodson this edition of Final Tape because it's all stream of consciousness with no coherent plan.

I always think I've seen it all with the Knicks, but they outdo themselves constantly. This is a trend that started with Dolan's/management's ineptitude and has trickled down to the coach. I cannot become infuriated anymore. I mean, who doesn't forget that time is a concept that governs existence, society, lives and sometimes basketball games?

I am curious to read if anyone believes Woodson should still be coaching after this latest debacle. A lot of the time it boils down to blaming players vs. the coach, but tonight I do not think you can argue that the Knicks didn't waste another tremendous game by Carmelo. For starters, Woodson did not have to play Beno on the final possession. MWP and Murry were on the bench. Fine, you don't trust a rookie, but surely you trust a former DPOY over a PG that has never been more than an average defender? Nope?

Oh, right, Bargnani is there to protect the paint because "the East is big, man" and "you can't teach size". I forgot Bargnani is also expected to do something he has never been even average at throughout his whole career! Good thing none of this championship strategy matters when you don't use the foul to give anyway!

Then, of course, is the timeout. There were only 3 left, so you want to use them only when necessary! "I probably should have taken for sure the timeout." PROBABLY?! "It had nothing to do with the timeout, we knew we had a foul to give, that's where the breakdown occurred." Spin spin spin. And they say hindsight is 20/20. Mike Woodson does not care about your hindsight bias; he literally does not have time for that.

The kicker: "Shumpert said team didn't discuss calling a timeout if they allowed a basket on WAS's last shot. Said they largely assumed they'd get a stop." Top 5 worst defenses in the league expects a team throwing out Beno and Bargnani on the court to get a stop. Great preparation.

Next: "Melo reiterates that he/the team wasn't told to call timeout beforehand." At least Woodson is instilling confidence and believes in his players? Melo on Woody taking blame: "If he says it's his fault, it's his fault." Oh, never mind, that confidence is not reciprocated. "He"s our coach and we're rolling with him." Well then!

And no, you haven't seen it all. "That's a possibility" Mike Woodson on bringing up Chris Smith from the D-League due to injury issues at PG. So yeah, that's why you stay tuned. New, innovative ways to make an underachieving team underachieve even more!
KnicksRUs

I'm actually really pissed there's a Final Tape to this game because I wanted to create my own thread and go APE SHIT on Woodson's punk bitch ass..... I was at this game (like a fucking fool) fairly close to the Raptors bench. Woodson made 2 of the most egregious, mind blowing coaching errors I've ever seen in my fucking life.

1. How in the hell is Udrih in the game on the last defensive possession. We have a 1 point lead with 20 seconds left and multiple timeouts. It's STRICTLY only a defensive possession. Put in your 5 best defenders and leave that slow footed piece of shit scrub on the bench. Of course, I think it was Beal who drove right past him without even much of a crossover.

2. I literally put my head in my hands after that play and just kept it there because everybody and their grandmothers knew there HAD TO be a timeout coming. All of a sudden I hear the crowd gasping and I lift my head. Swear to God my initial reaction was that Melo must've been taking a practice shot during the timeout. All of a sudden the games over and the crowd starts screaming and filing out while I stand there in disbelief.

I took this moment to start belching out a "FIRE WOODSON" chant....... I want this motherfucker gone.

I swear I'm going to turn into NYK Fan with Lin/D'antoni, Tao with the "we failed", or Max with the "2 PG lineup", about this subject. I'm fucking pissed and I won't stop pissing and moaning about it until he's gone.

I never knew how much this degenerate pissed me off until I spent $200+ in total on a trip to the Knicks game. What a waste of my fucking time.

Woodson......

*On a lesser note that I no longer give a shit about due to my hatred for Woodson...... Amar'e looked like absolute shit.*
Last edited by KnicksRUs on December 17th, 2013, 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I hate them" - Stugotz
KnicksRUs

"I probably should have taken a timeout there at the end, but you know, Beno [Udrih] grabbed it [to inbound] and the ball is in Melo's hands before I could even react, and I should have reacted a lot sooner once the ball went through the bucket. So, that's on me," Woodson said. " …. I didn't call the timeout so I've got to take the heat for that."- Woodcunt

I'm not sure if a quote has ever pissed me off more in my life. WTF do you mean you couldn't react? Your fucking job is to react. Every fan in the arena would have "reacted" and made the mind numbingly easy decision to call timeout. Yet, your dumb ass gets paid million to do the exact opposite.
"I hate them" - Stugotz
Naan

KnicksRUs wrote:I'm actually really pissed there's a Final Tape to this game because I wanted to create my own thread and go APE SHIT on Woodson's punk bitch ass..... I was at this game (like a fucking fool) fairly close to the Raptors bench. Woodson made 2 of the most egregious, mind blowing coaching errors I've ever seen in my fucking life.
Are you Mike Woodson?
Mr3037

I didn't think it would be possible but the quotes above just make Woodson look like even more of a dumbass & inferior coach.

As soon as Beno missed the 2nd FT I was thinking "If they score we need a timeout & pray Woody draws up a play to get us a good look" - Maybe im the dumbass for even having that much faith left in him
NYK Fan since 92
NYKFP Fan since 04

28 years & counting...Bleeding Orange & Blue
Isa Soulstar
Likes given: 2

Expertly done, Naan. :clap:
oOoO...VOTE REPUBLICAN...OoOo
PinoyKnicksFan

Woodson has outdone D'Antoni's stupidity before when D'Antoni "forgot" he had 1 timeout left. What's more stupid than that? Knowing you have 3 timeouts left, you have a foul to give (correct me if I'm wrong on this one), you can substitute players when Washington called a timeout, and you can't even do any of those..

Isn't it possible for a coach to tell the refs before hand that if an opposing team scores a timeout will be called automatically?

Now, tell me its still the players' fault..
Mr3037

NYK Fan since 92
NYKFP Fan since 04

28 years & counting...Bleeding Orange & Blue
DerekHarper
Likes given: 46

Hey KnicksRus. I am sorry man. I saw the game Saturday and it was magical. The garden is such a special place. So much bball IQ. We had a foul to give. I am baffled.

I thought amare missed every lay-up not for lack of effort but just bad luck and rushing. He is trying his ass off.

Beno gets a lot of calls which Felton would never get due to his chill demeanor and lack of a sourpuss face and complaints. Its a nice change. He was expecting help on the play. He probably should have been subbed out as you astutely put it.

We will make the playoffs. I believe in these guys. I want the coach gone though, along with Herb. We need a change of direction.

Again sorry you had a miserable time but the game was close. Next time hit me up man I would like to meet you as you seem so smart and cool. I live next door to the garden.

WE WILL DESTROY THE BUCKS.
big time
KnicksRUs

DerekHarper wrote:Hey KnicksRus. I am sorry man. I saw the game Saturday and it was magical. The garden is such a special place. So much bball IQ. We had a foul to give. I am baffled.

I thought amare missed every lay-up not for lack of effort but just bad luck and rushing. He is trying his ass off.

Beno gets a lot of calls which Felton would never get due to his chill demeanor and lack of a sourpuss face and complaints. Its a nice change. He was expecting help on the play. He probably should have been subbed out as you astutely put it.

We will make the playoffs. I believe in these guys. I want the coach gone though, along with Herb. We need a change of direction.

Again sorry you had a miserable time but the game was close. Next time hit me up man I would like to meet you as you seem so smart and cool. I live next door to the garden.

WE WILL DESTROY THE BUCKS.
I'll hit u up if I go to the Knicks/Pistons game in January. Kinda want to see my boy drummond play.

But Beno shouldn't have even been relying on help. You got a foul to use....... Fucking use it.
"I hate them" - Stugotz
gradyandrew

I think we've all bitched and moaned about calling a timeout in a similar situation and then the play at the end is an isolation for a contested melo 3. So what's the problem- that was going to be the play anyway. If anything it seemed like melo wasn't really rushing, 5 seconds is enough time to go coast to coast.
Randle in the Rafters