2015 draft discussion

Discuss NCAA and international hoops and scout and evaluate players for the NBA Draft.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

cragganmor
Likes given: 93

we have our 1st rounder next year and while it won't be as deep as '14, there's some good talent out there. of the guys that might declare, the 2 that catch my eye this early out are myles turner and jerian grant.

turner is a versatile player with a legit nba frame for a c, has declared that he'll be attending texas:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoX6y2PJeq4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-W2zyZX27o

grant is the son of harvey, brother of jerami; he's got an excellent frame for a pg, smarts, defensive and shooting ability, plays for notre dame.
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

I think we'll make the playoffs this year, but lower seed so ill focus more between the 17th and 24th seeds. Problem is this early in the year you just never know. Stars are born in the tourney and guys mature from last year till now. I wish I knew who to follow yet.
cragganmor

keep an eye on brooklyn's own, dakari johnson. he's got excellent size, hands and footwork, will get to see a lot of him at kentucky.
qdman
Likes given: 0

I love talking young players but the interesting ones always seem to move up the board, like when we were looking at Westbrook. Man that sucked, I was at camp and I asked one of the guys to get me a paper to see the draft, disappointing day....now our shits gonna be in the 20's and it's gonna be even more frustrating.
DolanCurse2001

College freshmen have dominated the top of the NBA draft in recent years, and that trend is expected to continue in 2015. Led by Duke center Jahlil Okafor, most of the top draft prospects from the college ranks are true freshmen again, several NBA scouts told Yahoo Sports.

At least one scout, however, says this freshman class is more sizzle than substance. Touted freshmen like Kansas' Kelly Oubre and Cliff Alexander, and Arizona's Stanley Johnson are struggling to adapt to the college game in practices, the scout said.

"It's a weak freshman class in terms of skill and basketball talent," the NBA scout told Yahoo Sports. "They don't have the ability to make other players better. It's all about them. They're ball dominant.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/top-10-col ... 03551.html

[youtube]PbcFXBGbNQo[/youtube]

[youtube]64a62iEdAY8[/youtube]

[youtube]QiCWUT06BX8[/youtube]
shakespeare

Top 10 college prospects for 2015 NBA draft

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/top-10-col ... 03551.html
Andrew Harrison is just off the radar, but I think he moves up before the draft. He should go around the mid first round, right about where we'll probably pick.

I will keep this thread in mind during the season.
#TeamTank
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1123

DolanCurse2001 wrote:College freshmen have dominated the top of the NBA draft in recent years, and that trend is expected to continue in 2015. Led by Duke center Jahlil Okafor, most of the top draft prospects from the college ranks are true freshmen again, several NBA scouts told Yahoo Sports.

At least one scout, however, says this freshman class is more sizzle than substance. Touted freshmen like Kansas' Kelly Oubre and Cliff Alexander, and Arizona's Stanley Johnson are struggling to adapt to the college game in practices, the scout said.

"It's a weak freshman class in terms of skill and basketball talent," the NBA scout told Yahoo Sports. "They don't have the ability to make other players better. It's all about them. They're ball dominant.
Well, that's good to know for people that believe we should trade Carmelo and go for the full tank.......... :|

Yeah, I'll stick with keeping Carmelo and go with shakes idea of going after Andrew Harrison (I actually like the kid's game personally)
DolanCurse2001

Mudiay, Okafor and Towns latest games ...

[youtube]Bw27QDi4rvc[/youtube]

[youtube]DDD1xLddV_I[/youtube]

[youtube]3ugDmYJgBZE[/youtube]
Don Che
Likes given: 9

Okafor
Towns
Cliff Alexander

Are finishers.... how could they be ball dominant they play in the post.

Stanley is playing fine with another SF that's being drafted on the roster. This draft is middle of the pack...I like about 8-10 players which is about normal. Okafor can be a first option if he keeps his weight in check and hit free throws/15 footers. The rest are a lot of complementary players and some maybe all stars depending on the squad they go to. I'd argue that the ROY in this class will have better numbers then the ROY of this year.

This isn't a great draft... sure isn't a horrible one either
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1123

With Okafor, it is the first time in like over a decade that there is actually a Center with a refined offensive game. If you looked at previous Center prospects in the last 10-15 years, Andrew Bogut AND Brook Lopez are the only Center prospects that stands out with a complete overall offensive game. Jahlil Okafor seems to already have a complete grasp on offense at the Center position in comparison to most of the other Center prospects that we have seen previously.

Although, Okafor really does need to work on his Defense and Rebounding. The kid looks "Amare-esque" at times in his first NCAA debut when it comes to his ability to defend the paint AND attack the glass.
DolanCurse2001

TANK!!! :drunk:

[youtube]q-9u_skZIRo[/youtube]
qdman

qdman wrote:I love talking young players but the interesting ones always seem to move up the board, like when we were looking at Westbrook. Man that sucked, I was at camp and I asked one of the guys to get me a paper to see the draft, disappointing day....now our shits gonna be in the 20's and it's gonna be even more frustrating.
lol...i really thought we were gonna be good, least we have the draft to look forward to!
DolanCurse2001

http://nypost.com/2014/11/22/in-one-pla ... n-to-hope/
“Before I got the ball, I saw Tyus,” Duke phenom Jahlil Okafor said, referring to freshman teammate Tyus Jones. “I knew exactly where he was. It was a pretty easy pass to make.”

The result was a made 3-pointer, but the three points weren’t significant. Fourth-ranked Duke was up big on Temple and dismantled the Owls, 74-54, in the opening round of the Coaches vs. Cancer Classic.

Because of a play like this, it would be understandable if Knicks fans in attendance, beaten down by the team’s 3-10 start, allowed themselves to dream and imagine Okafor in the triangle offense.

The play was a snapshot into why Okafor is considered the overwhelming favorite to be selected first in next year’s NBA Draft and why Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski told CBSSports.com “there is no comp” for him.

“There’s really not anything Jah should not be able to do eventually,” Krzyzewski said after Okafor scored 16 points, added eight rebounds and blocked two shots. “He’s not there yet, he’s a young kid still, but he has all of it.”
This kid is going to be really good. He has all the tools. Especially in the triangle. No doubt he's worth a tank and I usually don't say that.
DolanCurse2001

Thoughts on Myles Turner? 14th on DraftExpress & 4th on NBADraft.net

[youtube]303ZUCFvkcE[/youtube]
DolanCurse2001

Hope Mudiay is ok.

[youtube]ZDvPEUvGwFg[/youtube]
Don Che

He's only out a couple weeks...common roll on an ankle. Crazy that he's doing pretty good against ex NBA players his ceiling is very high...dont know his worth ethic but he's a borderline franchise talent
cragganmor

on offense, mundiay's pretty good, has the skills, size and athleticism to be a factor in the nba. agree with don, his desire/work ethic will determine how far he can go.

i like myles, still a little early in the season, but i think he will get better, has nba size and toughness, a smart player with good touch around the basket. he's limited by his wheels, not a leaper/sprinter, but i think he'll be smart enough to use his length, strength and positioning to compensate. he should get stronger in the lower body and pull the sled to get a bit more zip in his step.
Don Che

Myles is a classic example of someone that needs 2 to 3 years to fully make his mark inthe NBA.

People just think college is good for fundamentals but thats not the case its also good for the body to grow and get stronger while playing 30 minutes a night without losing confidence and getting in game progression without the NBA lifestyle to slow things down.

Myles to me is a top 5 talent but needs time to get there.
KnicksFanInSouthFL

Good matchup on Wednesday between Duke and Wisconsin. Both teams with a lot of NBA caliber talent.

Looking forward to seeing how Okafor matches up against the Badgers frontcourt of Frank Kaminsky, Sam Dekker, and Nigel Hayes...

Kaminsky's skill set could really expose some things about Okafor.
Is Melo-God Zen-o-phobic?