NYKFP Home Page

Stay up to date on changes and announcements to NYKFP.

Moderator: Irv

StevoStarks
Likes given: 9

Sorry to put this in the Knick forum, but I just wanted to check and see if everyone else is having issues accessing the home page. Didn't see a thread about it.

Every time I go to the site, it takes me to the board index page.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1121

StevoStarks wrote:Sorry to put this in the Knick forum, but I just wanted to check and see if everyone else is having issues accessing the home page. Didn't see a thread about it.

Every time I go to the site, it takes me to the board index page.
I'm not one to make assumptions BUT I think Irv may have felt it was too much of a hassle to take care of the main home page. Considering most of the activity and highlights come from the actual forum anyway, he probably just turned the forum as the default page of NYKFP.

But anyway that is just me, let's wait until Irv makes his statement on this
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

Damn. I thought that Isa's writeup and the 2006 E-City victory against Charlotte would live on forever . Whatever makes Irv's life easier is cool with me. I'll just have to adjust to life after "Recent forum topics" links.
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
Mr3037
Likes given: 0

H20Knick wrote:Damn. I thought that Isa's writeup and the 2006 E-City victory against Charlotte would live on forever . Whatever makes Irv's life easier is cool with me. I'll just have to adjust to life after "Recent forum topics" links.
LOL every now and then H20 I'd check that out and look at the box score etc...

I'm having the same issues and yeah I agree it's probably due to the fact that the forum was the mainstay of the site, so why bother with the rest...
NYK Fan since 92
NYKFP Fan since 04

28 years & counting...Bleeding Orange & Blue
Irv
Administrator
Likes given: 183

You guys are right, I redirected it. I want to overhaul the main site at some point, but for now, everything worth paying attention to happens in the forums. The old content was a tad embarrassing and I don't want to do any further design tweaks to the existing site design because I have no intention of maintaining it any longer.

The next update I do to anything around here will happen this offseason when I upgrade the forum software. I'm probably going to introduce a new look to the forums at the same time.
Mr. Glass
Likes given: 62

I can't hit the home page either.
"I used to think drinking was bad for me, so I stopped thinking."

- Unknown
thewatcher
Likes given: 2608

Irv ,looking forwards to the new design. There will be lots of bandwagoners returning next year so it would be good to have a new look, thanks again for maintaining this site, it's a great group of posters (including everyone's AWOL 2 fav posters.) ;)
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
Mr3037

Yeah I 2nd that - Thanks Irv!
NYK Fan since 92
NYKFP Fan since 04

28 years & counting...Bleeding Orange & Blue
StevoStarks
Likes given: 9

Irv wrote:You guys are right, I redirected it. I want to overhaul the main site at some point, but for now, everything worth paying attention to happens in the forums. The old content was a tad embarrassing and I don't want to do any further design tweaks to the existing site design because I have no intention of maintaining it any longer.

The next update I do to anything around here will happen this offseason when I upgrade the forum software. I'm probably going to introduce a new look to the forums at the same time.
Can't wait to see it.

Maybe it's not the Ewing curse at all, but the curse of the Eddy Curry eating photo on the front of the NYKFP. Irv, you could single-handedly turn around franchise with this offseason update. :clap:
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1121

Irv wrote:You guys are right, I redirected it. I want to overhaul the main site at some point, but for now, everything worth paying attention to happens in the forums. The old content was a tad embarrassing and I don't want to do any further design tweaks to the existing site design because I have no intention of maintaining it any longer.

We'll be waiting for it, Irv :happy:
shakespeare

Long live NYKFP.
#TeamTank
IAMKNICKS

thewatcher wrote:Irv ,looking forwards to the new design. There will be lots of bandwagoners returning next year...
...bandwagoners next season? :LOL: :clap: ..OK I have to give it to the guys on this board, no matter the lows everyone stays so optimistic. What can I say, I really hope so dude.

Irv, please don't forget about the update!!
"They Scared Now!!"
n8 the gr8
Likes given: 158

That's interesting. I don't have cookies or bookmarks in the browser that I use so everytime I come to this website I have to google "nykfp". As often as not I would get here through the original homepage, and I was just noticing that I had been going straight to the forums lately. Ironically I found this site when I was looking for the Knicks roster/salary but now when I'm in a conversation in the forum and I want to see the salaries I always got to hoopshype.

Honestly irv, I don't mind a minimal site so whatever you do is fine with me. I just come here for the discussion. Thanks for supporting the forum all these years.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
Maxflier

I do miss the convenience of having the recently active threads right there on the main page.
"Being a Knicks fan is like being a battered wife who keeps going back to her husband."
-RecordJunkie
Isa Soulstar
Likes given: 2

shakespeare wrote:Long live NYKFP.
oOoO...VOTE REPUBLICAN...OoOo
DerekHarper
Likes given: 46

Don't mean to be corny but I probably feel more at home at NYKFP then in delaware.
big time
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

i kinda miss seeing the burgerman pic next to the old eddy curry headline
Sarsippius

any news with the website update. Kind of miss being able to see the new topics right away

With this fuckfest of a season almost over, im looking forward to a summer full of rumors, speculations, & arguments
& un updated nykfp.com

Thanks in adavance irv
Irv
Administrator
Likes given: 183

Nothing new in terms of a website update for now, but along with the offseason forum update, I'm hoping that there will be some kind of plugin I can use with the so you'll see a sampling of the most recent forum topics on the forum index.
mad raving starks

i've attempted to post 4 times, and none of my posts have shown up. i've tried contacting admin via the contact page, but my request did not go through. is there someone i can email about this? i changed my username after the first couple days, could that be the reason? there's no info on deleting a username, so i can use some help with that as well.