Porzingis is the FUTURE!!! Time to trade Melo???

Post all your ideas for trade proposals and signings to improve the Knicks or other NBA teams.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

qdman wrote:I'll consider bradley and the 3rd overall lottery slot the best offer, Griffin as the second best.
If thats even the pick we get. More likely theyll wanna give us picks 20&23. So basically youre trading Melo for Galloway 2.0 and two late first rounders. Lee is inconsequential and probably would rot our bench while we develop others. Wanna give us pick 3 then we can talk. Dunn is there for the taking
Don Che
Likes given: 9

lmao can't believe an idiot wrote that Raptors trade. stupid on a million levels.

Brandley isnt a PG unless you have James Harden or Jimmy Butlerat the 2spot.
KnicksFanInSouthFL
Likes given: 0

nazrmohamed wrote:If thats even the pick we get. More likely theyll wanna give us picks 20&23. So basically youre trading Melo for Galloway 2.0 and two late first rounders. Lee is inconsequential and probably would rot our bench while we develop others. Wanna give us pick 3 then we can talk. Dunn is there for the taking
I know you're one of Galloway's biggest fans but I'm sorry Avery Bradley is twice the player he is...

[youtube]3KbsXgIqgy0[/youtube]

I wish Galloway could play more like him.
Is Melo-God Zen-o-phobic?
Don Che

Avery is a great asset for us...If he's not the main decision maker
nazrmohamed

He ain't fat and away better. Please, because of Jameer Nelson? We just don't watch him up close. Last game we started Galloway we played the Warriors and Klay Mathews torched us, not Curry.

I don't know how many game we can watch what's right in front of us grab 6 rebound nights, get clutch layups in traffic to basically steal games, kero us in games with the point shots. I think if you just keep reciting to yourself that you're not impressed you'll always find a way to be unimpressed. Galloway daily has huge impacts on our game. I can't say Avery does that for Boston. They just got a better team or did when he was in Gallos role.

We miraculously become contenders and he could play worse and people would give him more credit. The only thing that Galloway doesn't do well Bradley can't do either, which is he confused for a pure pg.
KnicksFanInSouthFL

^^^
Just because we're forced into playing Galloway heavy minutes does not mean he's worthy. He plays outta the sheer desperation of us not having a starting caliber NBA PG. On any other team he'd only be the 13th-15th man on the roster.

Galloway plays the game with a tremendous amount of effort but in truth there are a ton of more skillfully talented players out there than he'll ever be...

And now back to the topic at hand. 8-)
Carmelo Anthony clearly isn’t himself these days and you didn’t need the uncontested air ball with four minutes left in another failed comeback bid to tell you that.

Anthony’s surgically repaired left knee has already cost him seven games this season while robbing him of a quick first step and any explosiveness at the rim. The Knicks have copped to giving Anthony one MRI but according to a team source, Anthony has had two MRIs in the past three weeks so the concern over his long-term health is very real.

“Today, it wasn’t that sore,” Anthony said. “I think the couple of days off helped.”

Anthony is entering the Patrick Ewing phase of his career; he’ll have to learn to live with knee pain and adjust his game accordingly. This is the deal when you’re 31 years old and have logged over 32,000 minutes.

But at least Anthony has a good leg to stand on.

The same cannot be said of Derek Fisher.
KnicksFanInSouthFL

Rebuilding is a process... First the head coach gets fired, then the star player gets traded, right? 8-)
taowave
Likes given: 817

unless the star player told the GM and owner either the coach goes,or I go..
Red

:? I thought the "star player" was Kristaps Porzingis.
The Mecca of Mess
taowave
Likes given: 817

that's the rising star..
Red wrote::? I thought the "star player" was Kristaps Porzingis.
Don Che

no one will trade for Melo with his knee issues
nazrmohamed

Red wrote::? I thought the "star player" was Kristaps Porzingis.

Well, with that said..

" unless the star player told the GM and owner, either he goes or I go.
nazrmohamed

Don Che wrote:no one will trade for Melo with his knee issues
Sure they would. He'd still be a top 3 second option and good first if a team were inclined to stack talent around him, even with his knee as is. Not saying most teams would do the latter but even second options go for lotto picks. Ray Allen was already a second option type of player when Boston traded pick 5 for him. Shane Battier was traded for a lottery pick. Dont tell me he has no value. But with that said the people who want him traded don't wanna wait for you to be totally correct.

Maybe in failing this hard and failing to land anyone next summer Melo agrees to waive the clause and we truly start fresh. Kristaps is 20. There should be no player more than 5 yrs older than him on the team in my opinion. Id rather our team resemble Utahs or Orlandos at this point. Not the same players but the same mix in age. Tons of young athletic assets.
KnicksFanInSouthFL

Phil Jackson Needs to Trade Carmelo Anthony

There is one way — and only one way — for Phil Jackson’s reign of error with the New York Knicks to take a turn for the better.

It is time to trade Carmelo Anthony. Period.

The Knicks haven’t won with Melo. They aren’t going to win with Melo. They need to turn their one desirable veteran asset into the tools that will enable a viable rebuilding effort centered around Kristaps Porzingis. And they have to make peace with the fact that going all-in the way they did for Melo five years ago was a massive mistake.

That should be easy for Jackson. He didn’t trade for Melo. Admit it and move on. Give the fans some real hope.

The alternative is running in quicksand for years and years to come, and that is not what Jackson — or Anthony — is all about.

Let’s put the firing of coach Derek Fisher behind us and move on to a couple of points that Jackson made Monday at his explanatory news conference.

It’s now clear that the Fisher hiring was a mistake from the get-go, something Jackson, Jim Dolan and all patient Knicks fans (are there any left?) should have realized after Jackson came aboard. You hand the keys to a guy with no driving experience, less than a month removed from appearing as a player in the postseason, and you know what you get? An accident.

So now that Fisher is gone, Jackson has big, big plans …. or so he said Monday after dropping the ax on Gloria Govan’s significant other.

One big plan is to look for a coach who fits into the system Jackson wants to install, a system built around the triangle offense. Jackson’s love affair with the triangle is well-chronicled, but what he refuses to recognize is that it was a combination of his system and his coaching — from his motivational tactics to his managing of super egos — that helped make the triangle work.

If he is unable or unwilling to sit on the bench and try to make it work one last time, he needs to ditch it as a must-use philosophy. The players Fisher has been coaching struggled to adapt to it. The results — although this season is nowhere near the disaster that was last season — speak for themselves.

Jackson’s other big statement was a vow to try to make a significant trade between now and the Feb. 19 deadline. Here’s the problem with that: A trade cannot include Anthony, who has a no-trade clause. Unless, of course, Melo — on the wrong side of 30 with bad knees — gives the Knicks a list of teams to whom he would accept a trade.

Anthony realizes as well as anyone that the window for winning in New York has already opened and closed. If he wants to win a championship before his NBA career ends, it is going to have to be somewhere else.

He could be a difference maker in Los Angeles with the Clippers, but there is no way in heck that Los Angeles would part with Blake Griffin. Same goes for Chris Paul. And DeAndre Jordan.

But …

If Jackson could get the Clippers to part with a No. 1 pick in 2019, along with the right to swap first-round picks in 2018 and/or 2020, he could start to restock the bare cupboard left by his predecessors. As many of you know, the Knicks have no picks in this June’s draft. (And the Clippers cannot trade a 2016 or 2018 first-round pick because they already owe a 2017 pick to Toronto.)

What would the Clippers part with (along with draft picks) to bring Anthony aboard?

How about this:

The top three teams in the West — Golden State, San Antonio and Oklahoma City — have no need or desire for Anthony, and there isn’t another team in that conference that one could imagine Anthony accepting a trade to.

In the East, I could see Anthony green-lighting a trade to the Miami Heat, but Pat Riley already has mortgaged the future to land Goran Dragic while figuring out a way to keep Hassan Whiteside. So there is no deal to be made there.

But what about Boston?

If there is one team that is one player away from being able to challenge Cleveland for the conference title over the next two to three seasons, it is the Celtics. Winners of nine of their last 10, Boston has climbed to third place in the East with a run of success that includes a victory over Cleveland.

Best of all for Jackson, Danny Ainge is sitting on a stockpile of future draft picks that includes Brooklyn’s first-rounders in 2016 and 2018, along with the right to swap first-rounders with Brooklyn in 2017. Ainge also owns Dallas’ pick (protected 1-7) in 2016 and Memphis’ pick (protected 1-12) in 2018.

That’s seven first-round picks in the next three years.

If, for argument’ sake, Ainge would part with the Dallas and Memphis picks along with his own pick in 2018, what else would it take to put Melo in green? How about this:

Neither trade is a short-term solution for the Knicks. But let’s face it, there are no short-term solutions in a conference that the Cavaliers are going to be dominating for the rest of the decade. None.

The plan for the future needs to involve building around Porzingis, the one guy Jackson can point to as a successful acquisition. To do that, you need draft picks, and good ones. Anyone who thinks a top-tier free agent like Kevin Durant is walking into the Garden as a savior is delusional.

And the only way to jump-start a traditional rebuilding plan — through the draft — is to get as much for Carmelo Anthony as you possibly can — and to do it immediately.

If ‘Melo gives his OK, the Zen Master needs to pull the plug on Anthony the same way he pulled the plug on Fisher — swiftly, and with no remorse.

If it doesn’t happen, the 43-year championship drought will become a 50-year championship drought, and Jackson’s legacy as an executive will be one of failure.
Link...
StevoStarks

Lot of Melo trade options out there.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
vino92

I've been as big a proponet of trading Melo as anyone on this site and I've been saying since the begining of the year Fisher sucks as Coach But to trade Melo you have to trade to where he has a chance to get a ring or at the very least make to the nba finals To me there are only two teams that fit that bill that either the Bulls or the Cavs the Clippers even with Melo don't get past GS or the Spurs. Lebron and Melo are tight the play the iso ball that best suits Melo game and a big 3 of Melo Lebron and Irving can compete with any team in Basketball. Its obvious that Love game not suited to playing with Lebron A Cav team consiting of a front court of Thompson Melo and Lebron with Irving in the back court can compete with any team in Basketball and guarantees Melol see an NBA final this year and the next. The chip we aquire and in turn gets us assts is Love, there are two teams that would trade valuable assest to make him there go to guy 1) is Boston 2) Orlando 3) Bulls from Boston we can get Lee(expiring contract) Crowder Hunter and Rozier plus Brooklyn and Boston 2016 pick This is the trade that would give us a future and please don't tell Boston wouldn't make this trade remember all they where trying to give up just for Winslow. the other team interested in Love is Orlando from them we get Harris Gordon and Hezonja and lastly Melo will accept a trade to the Bulls we in turn get Noah(expiring contract) Mirotic Portis and Snell again young pieces plus added cap space Both these trades give us a Brighter future
nazrmohamed

Fuçk ESPN trade checker. Id rather trade Melo for a bag of chips than ever see Paul Pierce in a Knicks Jersey. I saw his face and almost boycotted the article. FOH.
nazrmohamed

vino92 wrote:I've been as big a proponet of trading Melo as anyone on this site and I've been saying since the begining of the year Fisher sucks as Coach But to trade Melo you have to trade to where he has a chance to get a ring or at the very least make to the nba finals To me there are only two teams that fit that bill that either the Bulls or the Cavs the Clippers even with Melo don't get past GS or the Spurs. Lebron and Melo are tight the play the iso ball that best suits Melo game and a big 3 of Melo Lebron and Irving can compete with any team in Basketball. Its obvious that Love game not suited to playing with Lebron A Cav team consiting of a front court of Thompson Melo and Lebron with Irving in the back court can compete with any team in Basketball and guarantees Melol see an NBA final this year and the next. The chip we aquire and in turn gets us assts is Love, there are two teams that would trade valuable assest to make him there go to guy 1) is Boston 2) Orlando 3) Bulls from Boston we can get Lee(expiring contract) Crowder Hunter and Rozier plus Brooklyn and Boston 2016 pick This is the trade that would give us a future and please don't tell Boston wouldn't make this trade remember all they where trying to give up just for Winslow. the other team interested in Love is Orlando from them we get Harris Gordon and Hezonja and lastly Melo will accept a trade to the Bulls we in turn get Noah(expiring contract) Mirotic Portis and Snell again young pieces plus added cap space Both these trades give us a Brighter future
I hear you but the reason I hate your scenario is Im scared we end up getting stuck with him. I don't want Love and I think he's getting a raw deal from the media around Cleveland. He's a good player and an unselfish player. But his lack of defense just limits him. And yeah thats unfair seeing I like Melo but Love never had the go to ability of Melo. The mentality I mean. I don't wanna be stuck with him. I want youth.
KnicksFanInSouthFL

I overstand why this thread was moved but why do it 8 days prior to the deadline??? 8-)
KnicksFanInSouthFL

Phil only has 6 more days to save the franchise... :?