2016 Draft Discussion...

Discuss NCAA and international hoops and scout and evaluate players for the NBA Draft.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

KnicksFanInSouthFL
Likes given: 0

Anybody else watchin' the Corey Sanders show? :popcorn:
Is Melo-God Zen-o-phobic?
KnicksFanInSouthFL

Correction, anybody else watchin' the Bryn Forbes show??? :blink:

So far he's hit 11 3-point shots (also currently leads the NCAA's in 3-point shooting) and is out there lookin' like the Great Value version of Steph Curry...
Is Melo-God Zen-o-phobic?
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 251

KnicksFanInSouthFL wrote:^^^
If you're referring to Malcolm Brogdon I believe he is a SG, not a PG... So, he falls into the category I mentioned of being another senior SG with limited upside. Not to say that he or any of the guys from my comment above are not good players but for the most part what you see is what you get. They're all pretty much finished products.

It's rare for a 4 year college player to develop into an NBA All-Star. Tim Duncan comes to mind but that was decades ago... But aside from him who else has done it? The only person I can think of is Damian Lillard.
It definitely is Macolm Brogdon. Maybe he's just a college player IDK but he just looked so poised out there. Now that you say he's a senior that makes sense but to me this is the type of guy you look at if we buy ourselves into the second round. We gotta participate at least.
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

KnicksFanInSouthFL wrote:Correction, anybody else watchin' the Bryn Forbes show??? :blink:

So far he's hit 11 3-point shots (also currently leads the NCAA's in 3-point shooting) and is out there lookin' like the Great Value version of Steph Curry...
definitely shooting it like a splash bro, 50% from the arc on over 6 attempts per game; high efficiency and volume.
rebound
Likes given: 1141

in the event the knicks end up trading melo for a high lottery pick, who do you guys like?

buddy hield seems awesome
TOM THIBODEAU'S NEW YORK KNICKS PRESENT:
HEROBALL. A STORY OF THE MID RANGE FADEAWAY JUMPER.
STARRING JALEN BUMSON AND DUBIOUS HANDLES.
cragganmor

Not sure buddy's game will translate to pro ball; a lot of it is his physical advantage of strength and speed over NCAA talent, won't be such advantage in the NBA, plus he will have to deal with pro height and length. Will he have any upside?

I kinda like denzel Valentine around #14-16, he's a mix of Danny green and James harden. Very smart, skilled and versatile player that always makes his teammates better.
cragganmor

malcolm brogdon is a pretty good player, too. acc dpoy and a guy that can hit the trey, get to the cup, a versatile and complete player. only knock on him is that he's 23, having redshirted a year. maybe he's available in the bottom third of the 1st round, say 21-30.
cragganmor

Just read that FSUs Beasley and Bacon both declared, both very long, athletic and skilled, lots of upside.
n8 the gr8
Likes given: 167

Anyone else think that Kyle Collinsworth might be worth buying a late second-rounder for or giving a summer league invite? His outside shot is a weakness but I think his playmaking/passing/size at SG.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
StevoStarks
Likes given: 9

My boy Isaiah Taylor just declared too. Love his playmaking ability.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
cragganmor

the sleeper of this draft is caris levert; a 6'7" combo guard. he has a checkered injury history, which may scare off teams, worth taking in the 2nd. just make sure he spends a year getting healthy.
nazrmohamed

^^^^you know thats my boy. I wanna buy an early second rounder or somehow get a late first and grab him up. Reminds me of Jamal Crawford except more length, less handle but still solid for SG and he has more defensive potential. A player who could man the 1/2 or even 3 in smaller lineups. About 6'6. My biggest sleeper, followed by Brogdan.
n8 the gr8
Likes given: 167

The website I checked out compared Levert to Crawford and Lamb. I like the sound of that.

There's someone else in that range that averaged 16, 8 and 7 though.
[youtube]hfxOEldNM8Y[/youtube]

With Collinsworth, Melo and KP the Knicks would have a pretty big lineup even if SG and C were a little undersized.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1127

Wasn't Levert suppose to be in last year's draft BUT pulled out at the last minute?

If that kid was in the 2015 draft..........Knicks probably would've been able to pull him from either the Atlanta trade OR the trade that got us the draft right's to KP's buddy Willie
cragganmor

yep, his recurring leg/foot injuries have really set him back. when healthy, he's a stat stuffer, does so many things to help the wolverines win. a long, athletic, versatile and complete player.
ISIAH_THOMAS
Likes given: 52

BleacherReport

Thon Maker reportedly cleared by NBA to enter the 2016 NBA draft http://ble.ac/1SOkNPh
Fxck Adam Silver
big_j_NY

OH MY GOD, THAT CHANGES EVERYTHING.

A lot of projected draft positions are about to change with Mr. "ball-handling 7 footer" entering the draft now
shakespeare

ISIAH_THOMAS wrote:BleacherReport

Thon Maker reportedly cleared by NBA to enter the 2016 NBA draft http://ble.ac/1SOkNPh
Wow. I know the league is softer, but is he ready for the pro jump? He should've gone to college, at least one year.
#TeamTank
big_j_NY

I actually do agree with you, shakes. As much as it interest me with this report, Maker's body isn't NBA-ready.......despite being an athletic-freakazoid with ball-handling skills (i.e. a more explosive Demarcus Cousins)
nazrmohamed

We talk alot about not being in the first round, we talk about free agents. What about buying or trading for some second rounders.

Nazrs 2016 second round list.
1- Dejaunte Murray PG/SG Washington- silky smooth ball handling SG with a very crafty game with a ton of potential
2- Malcom Brogdan SG/PG Virginia- Malcom is a SG who commands the court like a PG and had an amazing IQ and great poise. Lacks elite athleticism or speed which limits his upside but if you're a team like us who isn't looking for today's PG and wants me of a heady PG he could be that for us with great size
3- Carys Levert Sg/pg/sf Michigan- was once projected in the lottery but injuries are a concern but we're talking second round here. Has an amazing handle for a 6'7 player, and can score in a variety of ways and be a playmaker

1&3 have the potential to be second round steals or busts. Brogdan probably doesn't have that same boom or bust potential but I see him almost like an Andre Miller. Could end up just being valuable to us and that's all I care about