Knicks/Cavs Megatrade

Post all your ideas for trade proposals and signings to improve the Knicks or other NBA teams.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

Nononsense
Likes given: 0

Okay, we can do this one of two ways: the simple way or the hard way.

The simple way: Knicks trade Melo for Kyrie Irving.

There were reports that Irving was unhappy and wanted out, but he later denied it. However, that’s neither here nor there as most players will deny it even if it’s true. In any event, if the Cavs lose yet again, I think they’d have to consider a LeBron/Melo. The only thing is, they’d have to figure out what to do with Love as Melo and LeBron would man the forward spots. They could always go small and play Love at center, but that’d be an atrocious defensive front court. Anyway, they could always move Love for a center… which brings me to my next point…

The hard way: Melo, Lopez, and Calderon for Irving and Love.

Love has struggled to fit in with the Cavs and has even appeared to be unhappy on various occasions. We could give them a superstar forward in Melo, a rugged center in Lopez, and a knockdown shooter and passer at heart in Calderon. We’d have our pg of the present and future plus a forward that can further spread the floor at pf as KP mans the center spot. With a trio of Irving/Love/KP, I think we could lure a stud at sf. Durant anybody?? If not, we still have a much better chance of landing a good wing this summer than a pg. Durant, Derozen, Beal, etc.
Nononsense

Melo/Lopez/Calderon for Irving/Love just makes too much sense if you ask me. Melo gets to team up with LeBron, so he’d likely waive his no-trade clause. The Cavs would look like this:

PG - Jose Calderon / Matthew Dellavedova
SG - Iman Shumpert / JR Smith
SF - LeBron James / Carmelo Anthony
PF - Carmelo Anthony / Tristan Thompson
C - Robin Lopez / Timofey Mozgov

This Cavs squad fits better than the one they have now. Meanwhile, we’d get Calderon’s contract off our hands. I say we go after Bazemore this summer. Here’s what we’d look like:

PG - Kyrie Irving
SG - Kent Bazemore
SF - Lance Thomas
PF - Kevin Love
C - Kristaps Porzingis

Irving would excel in the triangle as he could serve that dynamic slasher role that Kobe and MJ served (we may need a point forward to make it work though… possibly Evan Turner). Everybody in that unit above has tremendous shooting range, so it opens up a myriad of possibilities. All in all, this trade would actually make both teams better. Melo simply needs to be the second best player on a team to increase his chances of winning a ring. And we need to move on as the franchise is simply moving in a different direction that doesn’t fit with this juncture in Melo’s career.
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

Cleveland just threw up when they saw Calderon in thier lineup.
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

can't see why cavs do that trade, unless they are supremely desperate, too much roster turnover; they need a missing piece, not an overhaul. the net result is their frontcourt is loaded with the bulk of their talent, that roster is perhaps marginally better.
Nononsense

cragganmor wrote:can't see why cavs do that trade, unless they are supremely desperate, too much roster turnover; they need a missing piece, not an overhaul. the net result is their frontcourt is loaded with the bulk of their talent, that roster is perhaps marginally better.
I hear ya Cragg, but what is that missing piece, and where are they going to get this piece from? Point blank: Love doesn't fit and Irving doesn't appear to be happy. Melo and LeBron have always wanted to team up. Melo waives his contract to contend for a title.
Nononsense

nazrmohamed wrote:Cleveland just threw up when they saw Calderon in thier lineup.
Calderon is pretty useless on a team like ours, but on a contender, his value is seen. He's a great spot up shooter that helps keep the ball moving. Every championship team needs one.
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

I just can imagine their starting pg being a choice between Delladova and Calderon. I rather just take Kyrie and a future first and call it a day. This is a team that gave up two firsts for Love. I can see them trading a future first if they can get Melo what he wants. Ill even throw in Grant and call it a day. Waive Calderon the next day
Don Che
Likes given: 9

No
n8 the gr8
Likes given: 158

Melo/Lee/Jennings for Jefferson/Love/Shumpert and 2 future 1sts
Lee is probably a better defender and a more consistent shooter than Shumpert, I think Cleveland would be interested in him with JR out. Plus Cleveland needs a pg so Jennings works there.
"dam,we got a crier"
~tao

"Throw Payton out and get it over with. I'm getting hungry."
~Clyde