I'm Back did you miss me :) blockbuster trade with Boston

Post all your ideas for trade proposals and signings to improve the Knicks or other NBA teams.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

vino92
Likes given: 0

I decided not to comment this year and let the Knicks play speak for me I was mostly laughed at the thought that Melo needed to be traded now pretty much everyone agrees. I think to trade Melo to the Clippers for what amounts to crap is foolish so I say we go Bold I propose a trade with Boston They get Melo and Porzingis we get Jaylen Brown Jae Crowder and Amir Johnson to make the salary match plus Brooklyn number 1 draft picks for this year and next. We draft Fultz to team with Brown and Hernanomez and trade Crowder to Miami for Winslow That gives us 4 starters under the age of 22 plus Brooklyn pick in 2018 also Amir 12 mil comes of the books next year Time to be BOLD!!!
taowave
Likes given: 817

Too lazy to look,but are you sure Boston has NJ pick for next year as well?

Good trade for the Knicks,don't think Ainge stays on the phone for more than 30 seconds. It's the second Nets pick that would be a deal breaker.

P.S. I checked and you are right.Boston has the Nets unprotected pick next year. And I thought Phil was bad.King may have been the worst GM ever.
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

taowave wrote:Too lazy to look,but are you sure Boston has NJ pick for next year as well?

Good trade for the Knicks,don't think Ainge stays on the phone for more than 30 seconds. It's the second Nets pick that would be a deal breaker.

P.S. I checked and you are right.Boston has the Nets unprotected pick next year. And I thought Phil was bad.King may have been the worst GM ever.
Yeah, they do actually. It's right to swap this year and it's their pick outright next year.

I'd do this trade in a second. I'm not so sure Ainge doesn't do it with the picks. KP should have extremely high value throughout the league.

You're not getting the picks AND those players though. We'd have to take back Amir Johnson and Tyler Zeller for sure. There isn't another expendable on the roster to make the salaries match, so i guess we do have to get Brown or Crowder. Considering Brown's upside, they'd probably pick Crowder as the guy to trade, but they'll want more from us in return. I'm not quite willing to give up next year's pick. Maybe if its Jaylen Brown I do it, but no.. I don't see us getting two picks and two solid SFs for just Melo and porzingis
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
vino92

Boston ready to win now adding Melo and Porzingis with Isiah and there defense gives them a good shot at unseating the cavs plus if we have to throw in a future number one I'm in on this deal I'll take Amir to make the salary work but Brown has to be part of the deal as for Crowder if they have Melo he sits on the bench anyhow so I dont see him being a deal killer for them
vino92

The other trade I would consider for Porzingis is to Philly for Saric Philly pick this year and there rights to the Laker pick
Don Che
Likes given: 9

this trade would just have us losing to the Celtics and Kp for the next decade

you know everyone talks about how bad GM's are....but idt you guys understand just how bad we all are at this.

idt too many of us know basic team structures and what it takes to build a winning team.
taowave

Speak for yourself :happy:

That trade scenario is a no brainier for us.
Unfortunately, Ainge is not Billy King.

Are you saying you wouldn't trade Melo for Brown and Crowder?

Or would you not trade KP for a top 3 pick this year plus next year?

Don,let's make believe Melo is the missing piece in Boston.Thats not relevant. What's relevant is Phil wants Melo gone and he wants players who fit the Triangle. You won't find a better deal from the Knicks perspective than the one proposed. No need to worry about how the trade impacts Boston. Irrelevant.

Would you trade KP for 2 top 3 picks?

Don Che wrote:this trade would just have us losing to the Celtics and Kp for the next decade

you know everyone talks about how bad GM's are....but idt you guys understand just how bad we all are at this.

idt too many of us know basic team structures and what it takes to build a winning team.
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

Yeah Don, this trade would give us 4 lottery picks over the next 14 months. I dont know how you do a rebuild any better than that.

You could draft Fultz, you replace Kristaps with Markannen.... you tank
You then draft Michael Porter Jr. and DeAndre Ayton.

You let them grow, and even if one of them is a bust, youre probably a contender in 5-6 years.
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
vino92

If the trade doesn't help Boston why would they make the trade I'm not concern with how this helps them but us. If we goanna rebuild lets do it no half ass approach a much as I like Porzingis give me Fultz and Brown and Crowder and Brooklyn pick next year I do this trade in a second its a trade that benefits both teams but if this trade doesn't float your boat how about Porzingis to the Sixers for Dario Philly pick this year and there rights to LA pick
taowave

Vino,Saric arguably had a better 2nd half than KP.Love your trades,but opposing GMs will hate them.
vino92

I live in Philly now and talk radio has been gong crazy about teaming Porzingis with Embid and Simmons if we have to sweeten the pot by throwing in a future one lets do it I find it hard to believe that Philly draft pick this year and La pick wouldn't entice them to team Porzigis with those two Also don't know a GM that wouldn't trade Saric and a number 1 pick for Porzingis ones upside is much larger than the others
taowave

Call me crazy but I think Phil would move KP for Saric and the Nets pick in a NY minute
vino92

Philly doesn't have the nets pick that belongs to Boston but they have there own and the Lakers pick this year if its out of the top 3 and unprotected next year if its not I don't know how we don't make this trade if we can, including our pick this year that gives us 3 picks and none worse than picking 4th plus Sarge let the rebuild begin
taowave

My Bad..had Boston on my mind..I think a top 3 pick and Saric gets it done
vino92

the Sixers have the 5th pick in this years draft that and Dario is not enough for KP I want the Lakers pick also if we have to sweeten the deal with a future number 1 pick from us so be it but I'm not doing that trade unless I get Sarge and both draft picks
Rusty La Rue
Likes given: 794

Do you guys make your decision based on Saric's last couple of months of this season? Why don't you make your decision on KPs first couple of months of this season? KP have much more upside than Saric and even now he is the better player. What we need is a better basketball environment around KP not trading our young players because they have a slump. KP have better numbers than Dirk at the same age give the kid a change...

If I trade KP I want AD, Towns or Giannis in return... and as that will not happen I am keeping KP...
2023 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
"Everybody gets excited about youth except the coach, because he knows youth means mistakes, mistakes mean losses, losses means you're fired."
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

Im not for trading kp but any trade Im willing to consider must include multiple lottery picks. And don't tell me it can't happen cuz the Sixers do this every year. So if you guys are so determined to hate this kid, which is really exactly what this is, then at least you are on the right path.

But really, that's all this is. A bunch of guys who can't watch a player develop. In a year you'll wanna trade Brown.
vino92

You guys are getting me wrong I advocated drafting this kid when everyone else was advocating for Winslow, Okafor and Cauley-Stein I still believe he's gonna be a great player but what I'm advocating now is the same thing I was advocating with trading Melo 2 years ago, trade someone when U c an make a trade work for the betterment of your team when you can get the most for them. Is there anyone on this site that believes any of those two trades I proposed not give us a brighter future and lay a foundation for a championship team??? Does not Melo and Porzingis to Boston for Brown Crowder Amir and Brooklyn number 1 pick this year and next not give us a better foundation for the future or that trading Porzingis (as much as I love hes upside) to the Sixers for Dario the Sixers pick and the rights to LA pick not give us a brighter future???? Lets not make the same mistake with Porzingis that we made with Melo there are moments in sports when you can make a trade and get back more than fair value when you have teams in a position where there willing to pay more, you have that situation in Boston and you have it with the Sixers. Make the Trade!!!
taowave

Vino,each trade you suggested favors the Knicks. It's not like Boston has an aging superstar and it's now or Never.Ainge put them in a very favorable position thanks to the Idiot King.

The Boston trade could be a bit more realistic if it involves the Knicks swapping picks. Do you think a lineup of

Horoford
KP
Melo
Thomas
Bradley

Puts Boston over the top? Melo at the 3 and KP at the 4 has not been a recipe for success..Horoford is no DeAndre Jordan defensively. No one is paying a premium for Melo.

Trading KP is much more interesting as I could see someone overpaying for him..
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

I did miss you vino. Not that I always agreed with your trades but this used to be my favorite thread on this sure and you held the torch trying to keep it alive. Nobody ever posts trades on here anyone. Probably cuz we always feel or players have no value