12/25/17: New York Knicks vs. Philadelphia 76ers (L 98-105)

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

Don Che
Likes given: 9

We are just aren't too athletic

Frank Tim Lee KP and kanter is the only rout this year but moving forward we gotta build this rotation with better athletes

I'd welcome Dotson at some point also
taowave
Likes given: 817

IT and Don hit the nail on the head.Our PG's do not break down the D and open up the offense for the wing players.

Kanter will get his,but KP has to work his ass off.

Tim can create..

Beasly can get off a shot whenever he wants.Not sure if that is good news or bad news.

We need some dam athletes..
Knickyankee3
Likes given: 0

God I hate Ntilikina, he absolutely sucks. New years resolution for the knicks is to find a point guard who can break down the opposition. And I'm going to say this, KP doesn't have the cajones for the big game like Kanter does. KP annoys me a bit this year always hurt and doesn't really take over games... Even Beasley has willed us to a few wins.
keep calm and switch on defense.
Knickyankee3

Muzhik1 wrote:Horrible coaching.
I'm not quite sure what coach could get a better record than we already have. We are above. 500 with some of the biggest scrubs in the league esp our guards. Scoring wise Thomas, Frank, Baker couldn't find the basket if it was lowered to their height for god sakes.
Only Beasley KP and Kanter can provide any kind of scoring with Hardaway out and KP is Injury prone and Beasley is a reclamation project . Frankly I'm amazed we are anywhere near. 500 at this stage.
keep calm and switch on defense.
maxinquaye11
Likes given: 6

We need 3point bombs (McD) to make up for THJ absence and we need to see KP rolling and cutting hard. I think we are the only team that does not utilize the vertical spacing lob. We have 7'3 KP for fuck sakes. when was the last time we saw this happen? We need to modernize. This is the quickest and most realistic way for u now to add some athleticism. the only way to stop this is foul KP. He is that long and tall. Throw it up high and let the unicorn fly.

with Ntilikina:

with Jack:

Let Kanter do the posting and KP more of the rolling for the finish or lob. Lessen the KP post. its tiring him out. The scouting report on him is now out and the teams have adjusted. It was surprisingly good at the beginning of the season but not anymore.
Last edited by maxinquaye11 on December 25th, 2017, 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 " Stat at 3 was code for Melo playing in the low post..." - n8 the gr8

"I don't ever wanna hear anyone bash max's 2 pg love again." - H20Knick

"Cant lie, he did play better off the bench." - nazrmohammed
taowave

LOL.....I dont hate the dude,but his strengths and weaknesses are pretty apparent..

Listening to guys rave about the Frank Baker backcourt leaves me scratching my head..

They cant make life easier(right now) for KP,and only gunners like Beasley work well with them..

KP's problem is he is still soft and simply isnt elusive/athletic enough,especially come crunchtime.

As long as we have guys like Jack,young Frank and Opie in the backcourt( who cant break down the D),we may as well just hand the ball off to beasly and tell him to get to work..

Knickyankee3 wrote:God I hate Ntilikina, he absolutely sucks. New years resolution for the knicks is to find a point guard who can break down the opposition. And I'm going to say this, KP doesn't have the cajones for the big game like Kanter does. KP annoys me a bit this year always hurt and doesn't really take over games... Even Beasley has willed us to a few wins.
taowave

Without THJ,we have no one in the starting 5 who attacks..

If our guards dont penetrate or command the weak side defender to help out, KP is stuck to trying to create for himself...

We need penetration or someone who commands weak side help

maxinquaye11 wrote:We need 3point bombs (McD) to make up for THJ absence and we need to see KP rolling and cutting hard. I think we are the only team that does not utilize the vertical spacing lob. We have 7'3 KP for fuck sakes. when was the last time we saw this happen? We need to modernize. This is the quickest and most realistic way for u now to add some athleticism. the only way to stop this is foul KP. He is that long and tall. Throw it up high and let the unicorn fly.

with Ntilikina:

with Jack:

Let Kanter do the posting and KP more of the rolling for the finish or lob. Lessen the KP post. its tiring him out. The scouting report on him is now out and the teams have adjusted. It was surprisingly good at the beginning of the season but not anymore.
maxinquaye11
Likes given: 6

perhaps its time to activate Noah just so we could feed KP up top or simply have passing big man O Quinn do it.

Yes i get that we dont have THJ hence this realistic lob suggestion to keep the Imbiid shot blockers honest. Most are set plays and not off of one on one penetrations.

I get that Kp realizes that he taller than most defenders and can shoot over them. The lob is the same. we simply need to put him in the pick and roll, not just pick and pop.

" Stat at 3 was code for Melo playing in the low post..." - n8 the gr8

"I don't ever wanna hear anyone bash max's 2 pg love again." - H20Knick

"Cant lie, he did play better off the bench." - nazrmohammed
spree#8
Likes given: 540

KP has to get out of his slump and we need THJ back.
#knickstape
taowave

THJ 's absence doesn't help KP's cause...
Don Che

Noah will end up taking Kyle's minutes

Kyle looked lost against Embiid
KRL

Ntilikina needs to do two things in the off-season:

- Find a trainer who will put 5-10 pounds of muscle on his frame
- Get Tony Parker's number and work out with him for 2-3 weeks. He needs to learn
to attack the basket like Parker did in his prime
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

Don Che wrote:We are just aren't too athletic

Frank Tim Lee KP and kanter is the only rout this year but moving forward we gotta build this rotation with better athletes

I'd welcome Dotson at some point also
I realized pretty early that Dotson isn't that athletic. Doesn't mean he can't be effective, just that you can see why he was drafted where he was based on that. Not to mention Dotson is an old rookie. Dotson selling point really is that since he went to school for 4 years he should have a solid basketball iq and a known skillset. He's in that Langston Galloway tier of player though.
nazrmohamed

Listening to guys rave about the Frank Baker backcourt leaves me scratching my head..

They cant make life easier(right now) for KP,and only gunners like Beasley work well with them..
I only know one poster who might make that argument but nobody thinks it's a sustainable pairing in a starting lineup. Just that it plays great defense and grinds it out.

I also agree with you example but my perspective is less that they suck cuz they can only play with X lineup. But rather awesome, when KP and THJ are out I can feature Beasley and surround him with grinders that'll not make me regret featuring Beasley.
Don Che

Dotson has a more complete game and I think he can be a bench player that has value for us.

Baker and Frank should never start but i do think Baker does some good for us as the back up 2 type guy...to me hes a fringe rotation guy like 9th or 10th in the rotation.

Beasley needs to be around guys that play smart/hit shots and space him out. I'd like to see Beas as the back up big instead of being a perimeter guy.
spree#8
Likes given: 540

Don Che wrote:Dotson has a more complete game and I think he can be a bench player that has value for us.

Baker and Frank should never start but i do think Baker does some good for us as the back up 2 type guy...to me hes a fringe rotation guy like 9th or 10th in the rotation.

Beasley needs to be around guys that play smart/hit shots and space him out. I'd like to see Beas as the back up big instead of being a perimeter guy.
:hmm: He IS the back up 4 right now. Around 95% of his minutes this season have come at that position.
#knickstape
Don Che

Yeh I'd like to see him play some 5 also depending on line ups as well.

I'd use him similar to Diaw on the spurs. Who saw the 4 spot 95% of the time but played some 5 in pinches to really open up the floor a bit.

due to us playing Kanter/KP/Kyle he jumps in at the 4 and 3 in small stretches...id switch that.

outside of our starting unit...id incline to go positionless style of play and in today's nba the 4 is still a perimeter guy on plenty of teams.
taowave

Ild like to see him at the 3 with KP
nazrmohamed

I'd hate to see him at the 3 with KP. At the 3 you get all types of spacing problems and no defense as a 3-4-5 grouping.

Lastly the Beas needs to Beas. He ain't got time to be watching, lingering around a starting 5. 6th man is his best role
Don Che

No one here thinks he should be starting