Road woes

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

taowave
Likes given: 844

I cant imagine kanter getting moved,especially as he makes up for alot of KP's weaknesses....

KP is a good weak side defender.He can be our Camby on D,though it would be nice if he rebounded a bit better..

At the end of the day,our problems are obvious..Last in 3 PA and second to last in Fast break points..

We are a grind it out team,and nothing comes easy...

Don Che wrote:Last time Memphis actually was competetive in the playoffs they ran 2 bigs. This year they suck so they dont even fit into it.

Duncan/Splitter started a ton of games in 2014...still modern NBA
Zach/Marc started a ton of games together the last couple years also. Zach was benched towards the end but it was more because he's 36 years old not because hes a big guy.

Kanter/KP looks like they are building blocks here. And you guys get real sensitive when you mention KP being a 5 even tho I just saw the 2 best teams in the NBA the last 3 years run out with Jordan Bell/Kevin Love at the 5 which imo is chop suey for KP playing that position. But thats another thread and another issue entirely.

we have a million road games...and so far into the season Kanter has solidified a couple things this year:

1. Locker room loves him
2. Toughest guy on the team
3. Cant win w/o him
4. Plays big against big opponents(Drummond/Embiid) and he played well against them(Kyle on the other hand....)

so to me Kanter/KP are our guys moving forward....how do you maximize them with the other 3 players on the floor and their back ups?
Don Che
Likes given: 9

I wonder if Frank subbed for Jack would change that. I say that because Tim and Lee are quick enough to get fast break points.

same to go with the 3PA...Lee is killin it this year...Tim is good enough...KP is a solid shooter...reminds of a good bottle of whiskey...good whiskey needs a couple drops of water to open the glass up.

to me we have some shooters just no one to get it to them on a easy catch and shoot and push pace.
NYGM
Likes given: 490

taowave wrote:16-14 and there is a massive muntiny??

Start Frank...

Play Beazly more on a short leash..Ild give him a shot at the 3...

Cur Sessions,bring up Burke
Horny has exceeded my expectations this season..

He has a winning record with this team..

Is not easy to commit to play TWB a bigger role, he's too much of a wild card..

I think Frank is as ready as he will be this season to start..

Other than that and maybe calling Burke from wenchester to give our second unit a push I don't see any mayor moves out there..
Don Che

releasing sessions and bringing up burke is def the call when looking at the games but Sessions is a good locker room guy so maybe we find him valueable to some capacity

starting Frank
Jack/Lance/Doug/Beasley as the main bench guys and I'd throw Noah or Dotson or Baker into that mix depending on match ups.

best way to maximize Kanter/KP is having good passers as their back ups...Noah is still a great passer and Beasley playing the 4/5 makes mismatches as well.
NYGM

Don Che wrote:I wonder if Frank subbed for Jack would change that. I say that because Tim and Lee are quick enough to get fast break points.

same to go with the 3PA...Lee is killin it this year...Tim is good enough...KP is a solid shooter...reminds of a good bottle of whiskey...good whiskey needs a couple drops of water to open the glass up.

to me we have some shooters just no one to get it to them on a easy catch and shoot and push pace.
Balance..

You have a non defender in Jack.. Adding Frank will be great defensively but you would need more firepower on offense, another shooter/slasher...

If you're going to start Frank then you need to bench Lance and put THJ or TWB starting..
taowave
Likes given: 844

Ok,I give up...TWB?????

I know it's Beaz,but what's the TW
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 251

Don Che wrote:I wonder if Frank subbed for Jack would change that. I say that because Tim and Lee are quick enough to get fast break points.

Nope. Fast break don't require the person starting them to be fast. They require them to see up court and Frank just wants to slow the ball down and dump it inside on every fricken play.

Somebody needs to tell him that the reason he looks like ass is because he's so geared toward half court offense. That's why when portions bash his handle and skill, it's not that they are totally wrong, it's that there are very few CP3 type players anymore. Half of nba pgs are really scoring combo guards who just keep attacking relentlessly. But in terms of fine skill, acute skill? Forget about it, they take one bounce at the three point line, tuck and in 1.5 steps they're at the rim.

Frank could be doing this without some advanced dribble. But he's the most frustrating player I've ever rooted for. He's got a caretakers mindset
NYGM

The Walking Bucket..
NYGM

Naz, Frank is making progress..

He's just not wired that way.. He's committed to run the offense, but make no mistake he can cover a lot of ground and he's been more aggressive as the season goes..

We just need to be patient with him.. His talent is evident and I think he will make some adjustments..

Once the game slows for him a little bit more and he let behind that "mistake free" approach he'll be fine..
Don Che

i think a lot of ppl have solid points on the issue..im sure Frank has been taught to run the offense his whole life.

I actually dont mind it...id prefer us to run off good defense. I dont see us get clutch stops enough.

I want us to be top in blocks/steals and off those possessions we run you out the game.

either way i'd like to see Frank run the show a bit and see where it takes us.

and I think IF we fall flat on our faces during this trip...Frank will start sooner rather than later.

question is... if Frank starts and turns the corner/start winning games...u know how crazy this board will get? lol
NYGM

Yes it will go ape ape sh=¢^¢

But I don't think he's ready to turn the corner right now.. Maybe later and could finish the season strong IMO..

At some point we're going to need to start giving more responsibility to players who are in the long term plan..

IDK if McDermott is but you need to find out..

Clearing up the bigs situation will help too..

You know Sessions and Jack are not for the long term.. So looking at Burke to see if he can provide some of that change of pace and style he's showing in wenchester...

I'm thinking more about the lines of the F.O looking for a star wing via draft or with our assets in the off-season.. I'm not quite sure who this player can be, but you never know and must be ready to take advantage of any chance to improve..
Don Che

Ofcourse and I do think there are some interesting wings out there in the draft.

but i also look at Nigel Hayes or Super Mario basically any talent under 25 years old that fits what we lack (3 point shooting/athleticism) i'd welcome the idea.
ISIAH_THOMAS
Likes given: 52

And it continues. These mental midgets and stupid coach
Fxck Adam Silver
shakespeare
Likes given: 0

Where is H20Knick? To his credit, he insisted awhile ago that New York would falter once we moved beyond the part of the schedule where we played a string of patsies at the Garden.

We're 17-17, currently seeded 9th, but one can feel the shift in momentum. Only teams [currently below us] with realistic possibilities of finishing the season with better records are 6ers and Bulls, so we're a long way from being out of the playoff hunt.

Moreover, barring significant injury to Porzingis, we're probably gonna remain in the playoff hunt [switching back and forth from 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th place in the Eastern Conference] the entire 82 games.
#TeamTank
shakespeare
Likes given: 0

nazrmohamed wrote:
he's the most frustrating player I've ever rooted for.
Agreed and it needed to be said.

Ntilikina reminds me of a toddler standing up and taking its first steps. And I keep hoping Ntili will take another step and another step and another and eventually gain confidence in his ability to walk.
#TeamTank
Don Che

he looked a tad better last night

but if we wanna be a playoff team this year...he has to step up and get 20 and 8 in a random game
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1127

shakespeare wrote:Where is H20Knick? To his credit, he insisted awhile ago that New York would falter once we moved beyond the part of the schedule where we played a string of patsies at the Garden.
Staying away from the forums............he apparently believes the Knicks will be tanking for a Top 5 draft pick if he stays away from the conversation where people are "begging for a playoff birth" during year 1 of a rebuild.

H20 has zero faith in the current core, and he'd rather pop back in the forums when the dust has settled of the regular season. I've seen him everyone once awhile in the NYKFP Facebook group though, so he is still keeping in touch with some of us.
Don Che

im slackin theres a FB page for this? been on this for 10 years and didnt know lol

and i mean...im all for playoffs if we can make it but im also down for a late lottery pick...this class just isnt that good to me so I really dont care about the difference between Mikal and Doncic to feel that i gotta sit players and get our best player disgruntled. Cousins/AD/Melo have set the trend to KP...he wants playoffs now. So lets see if these decent young guys/wack old guys/Tim & Kanter get him there.

if Phil/Melo sagas didnt happen..i'd totally get it but thats not the case We need to show stability to KP so he can stay.
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1127

Don Che wrote:im slackin theres a FB page for this? been on this for 10 years and didnt know lol

and i mean...im all for playoffs if we can make it but im also down for a late lottery pick...this class just isnt that good to me so I really dont care about the difference between Mikal and Doncic to feel that i gotta sit players and get our best player disgruntled. Cousins/AD/Melo have set the trend to KP...he wants playoffs now. So lets see if these decent young guys/wack old guys/Tim & Kanter get him there.

if Phil/Melo sagas didnt happen..i'd totally get it but thats not the case We need to show stability to KP so he can stay.
The FB page isn't made by Irv or any of the admins.........it is actually started by Pete aka MrMajik2 as an "alternative platform" for some of the OG NYKFP to post and discuss Knicks/NBA basketball stuff with.

BPD actually posts there a lot, but not recently.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/nykfp/

For any of you NYKFP guys that have a FB account, it is there
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

shakespeare wrote:Where is H20Knick? To his credit, he insisted awhile ago that New York would falter once we moved beyond the part of the schedule where we played a string of patsies at the Garden.

We're 17-17, currently seeded 9th, but one can feel the shift in momentum. Only teams [currently below us] with realistic possibilities of finishing the season with better records are 6ers and Bulls, so we're a long way from being out of the playoff hunt.

Moreover, barring significant injury to Porzingis, we're probably gonna remain in the playoff hunt [switching back and forth from 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th place in the Eastern Conference] the entire 82 games.
big_j_NY wrote: Staying away from the forums............he apparently believes the Knicks will be tanking for a Top 5 draft pick if he stays away from the conversation where people are "begging for a playoff birth" during year 1 of a rebuild.

H20 has zero faith in the current core, and he'd rather pop back in the forums when the dust has settled of the regular season. I've seen him everyone once awhile in the NYKFP Facebook group though, so he is still keeping in touch with some of us.

Fear not old friends. I'm here. I see everything. Every. single. post. Mom said if I don't have anything nice to say, then don't say it at all.
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION