1/3/18: New York Knicks @ Washington Wizards (L 103-121)

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

Koopa Troopa
Likes given: 0

taowave wrote:I'm holding off until I see what the hell we do with Kanter.
All the other guys are scrubs.

KP,Hardaway and hopefully Frank are building blocks.

We need to get athletic and decide what exactly are Unicorns best suited for.

I don't get this strategy of playing Kanter early and then benching him at crunch time.
Im thinking Jeff might actually want to bench Kanter but management wont let him.... at least until the trade deadline passes. You dont bench your big money trade asset right? His value might plummet, even though he probably would do great :? Whatever.

KP has an issue with conditioning. He is always hands on knees dead tired. He never runs with the team. Jack might be slow but he tries to push the ball and KP still usually shows up wayyy late to the party. When we see old men like Pau Gasol out running him there is no excuse. The other stuff when it comes to his offense I dont mind, I think that stuff he will learn with time. Its his first experience of teams planning to defend him as the number 1 priority. Thats really difficult to deal with. But I just dont get how youre 21 years old and are completely gassed within a few minutes, 7 foot 3 or not.
H20Knick wrote:I've sat out long enough. The knicks are absolutely clueless on a long term path to a championship. What I saw tonight was a damn joke. I can't wait to get to my comp tomorrow. Just turrrrrible
Give it to them.
Don Che
Likes given: 9

yeh i jumped the wagon of having KP be the most unique 5 ever

time to build with him being the combo of Melo and Yao Ming...which is incredible to even think that is basically who he is right now.

get the center position locked up...and even tho i like him a whole lot...its not Kanter.
taowave
Likes given: 817

Melo and Yao???? Thats quite a hybrid..Ill take it

BTW,did you jump off or on the wagon??

Seems like short guys give KP more problems than big guys..

Don Che wrote:yeh i jumped the wagon of having KP be the most unique 5 ever

time to build with him being the combo of Melo and Yao Ming...which is incredible to even think that is basically who he is right now.

get the center position locked up...and even tho i like him a whole lot...its not Kanter.
taowave
Likes given: 817

I think you are right....makes no sense to bench your starting center in the 4th,unless you are trying to showcase him as well as win..

Not only is KP gassed,the dude is SOFT..Constantly hitting the deck,and being muscled by 6'2" 190 pounders

Koopa Troopa wrote:
Im thinking Jeff might actually want to bench Kanter but management wont let him.... at least until the trade deadline passes. You dont bench your big money trade asset right? His value might plummet, even though he probably would do great :? Whatever.

KP has an issue with conditioning. He is always hands on knees dead tired. He never runs with the team. Jack might be slow but he tries to push the ball and KP still usually shows up wayyy late to the party. When we see old men like Pau Gasol out running him there is no excuse. The other stuff when it comes to his offense I dont mind, I think that stuff he will learn with time. Its his first experience of teams planning to defend him as the number 1 priority. Thats really difficult to deal with. But I just dont get how youre 21 years old and are completely gassed within a few minutes, 7 foot 3 or not.

Give it to them.
dcapodic

taowave wrote:I think you are right....makes no sense to bench your starting center in the 4th,unless you are trying to showcase him as well as win..

Not only is KP gassed,the dude is SOFT..Constantly hitting the deck,and being muscled by 6'2" 190 pounders
It seems this is the case because KP plays more like a small forward in a 7'3" body. When he has more traditional big men on him, he can either out quick them on his moves or off ball movement, or simply draw them outside to the 3 point line. If they follow him, go by them, if not shoot the 3. When he gets a more traditional forward type on him, they have the quickness to stay with him but he really does not have the game to use his height advantage to its fullest. Yea, he can get off his shot but it will then be contested and he is a much better open shooter, especially coming off picks. But, you really don't expect to have to set picks for a 7'3" guy :)

As far as him being gassed, again I think this is because he is trying to play like a small forward....run your guy around, look to lose him in traffic or get a pick somewhere to open you up. He is not built to do that for 40 minutes.

He seems a reluctant post up player and his results are not as good with it. So, putting a faster forward type on him is probably going to be the strategy you see more of going forward and he/the knicks need to adjust for that.
- Me being the resident optimist around this cesspool of doom and gloom, StevoStarks, circa 2019
ISIAH_THOMAS
Likes given: 52

Team gave up after half time

Pathethic by Jeff to not sit those losers down much quicker until blow out happened
Fxck Adam Silver
nick78

We just don't have any valuable 2 way players outside of Lee. Jeff is in a tough spot having to juggle between offense and defense hence these weird lineups at times. We reaallly need THJ back so rotation can go back to normal. KP's endurance and strength still is a concern, the dude got stripped Patty Mills and other tiny guards the last few games.