It's time to start questioning Perry

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

Don Che
Likes given: 9

I'm not gonna dissect words..im just gonna look at action or lack thereof and tbh i like the patient approach.

i would personally bring up Trey Burke and cut sessions ..but otherwise i'd wait until the deadline and see our standings and go from there.
taowave
Likes given: 817

Burke in, Sessions out is the most logical move.
spree#8
Likes given: 540

Tao wants to say "we failed". ;) Likely until we win the championship.
#knickstape
taowave

Lol!!!

No way Spree..I'm calling for a.500 record and am the first to say we are exceeding expectations.

However,if we only win 7 more games,it will be a monumental fail,but a welcome one..

Btw,when I said We Failed,I had no idea it would last till 2017

spree#8 wrote:Tao wants to say "we failed". ;) Likely until we win the championship.
spree#8

taowave wrote:Lol!!!

No way Spree..I'm calling for a.500 record and am the first to say we are exceeding expectations.

However,if we only win 7 more games,it will be a monumental fail,but a welcome one..

Btw,when I said We Failed,I had no idea it would last till 2017
I'm just kidding. And only 7 more wins doesn't look that likely, but two years ago we were also at 22-22 at this time and won just 10 more games the rest of the way, so my updated prediction of 30 from a few weeks ago still seems realistic if we fall behind during the tough part of the schedule. We just have to hope that the next ten to 15 games show us the way. It would be cool if we could have a .500 season with this roster. If not, we better have our losing streak after the Chicago home game when we play 10 of the next 12 on the road.
#knickstape
Don Che

yeh i feel like we are a stint away from losing a ton of games in a row...if last night was a loss i was officially on the tank train

but who knows....Tim may come back..KP gets his groove back and get some wins. wit this squad i dont know if the worse is over or the worse is ahead of us lol
gradyandrew
Likes given: 0

I feel like our grasp on being a good team was far more tenuous last year. I think between Joak and THJ the Knicks have a few cards left up their sleeves. Our defense and offense are both better than last yearand we've only had 4 games where the effort hasn't been there. This has been a weird season in the NBA with a lot of teams in both conferences in the middle and without many big time tank jobs. Knicks are playing good system ball, and teams that can do that generally fair better as the season progresses.
Randle in the Rafters
taowave

If we bring in Burke,we will hopefully be addressing 2 of our weaknesses....Dribble penetration and 3 pt shooting.... :thumbsup:
Don Che

agreed...also not old and on a good deal im guessing...in time Baker will be out the rotation for sure..question is..what happens with Frank/Jack
StevoStarks

taowave wrote:Burke in, Sessions out is the most logical move.
Yep, seems like an easy call. I don't think Sessions "mentoring" is really helping all that much.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
spree#8

Don Che wrote:agreed...also not old and on a good deal im guessing...in time Baker will be out the rotation for sure..question is..what happens with Frank/Jack
Nothing changes for Frank. Burke likely will replace Jack once we fall behind in the playoff race or if he will outplay him in practice. Burke could get some of Baker's minutes, but those likely won't even be available once THJ , who fully participated in todays practice, returns.
#knickstape
Don Che

i doubt a guy whos started all year will just go out of the rotation but Burke is a great insurance that if Jack/Frank/Baker play flat...he can come in and switch gears.

plus we have to be at th ebottom in PG scoring in the NBA....he helps with that atleast. I'm good with the minor move.

if Frank takes the spot by the All star break and Burke steps up....along with Hardaway getting healthy coming into form..this team ends up having a totally different dynamic as a team in the second half of the year
spree#8

Don Che wrote:i doubt a guy whos started all year will just go out of the rotation but Burke is a great insurance that if Jack/Frank/Baker play flat...he can come in and switch gears.

plus we have to be at th ebottom in PG scoring in the NBA....he helps with that atleast. I'm good with the minor move.

if Frank takes the spot by the All star break and Burke steps up....along with Hardaway getting healthy coming into form..this team ends up having a totally different dynamic as a team in the second half of the year
That's why Burke went to the G-League - to get guaranteed playing time to build his confidence up again instead of being a back-up point guard. He could've signed with the Thunder behind Westbrook/Felton, but declined at the last minute. Now he will have to work himself in from being the third point guard into the rotation. At the start he will probably sit on the bench. But if things go south, he could quickly get Jack's spot in the youth movement.
#knickstape
Don Che

Would you flip Willy for Justice Winslow?
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

Tantalizing deal. If we can't clear out the logjam at 5, then yes (assuming winslow is healthy)
Don Che

I'd even throw a 2nd rounder in that deal...JW is 21 years old and does exactly what we need atm
spree#8

Interesting but risky idea. He has played more like a bust so far (inefficient/inactive on offense and not as good as advertised on defense) and is always injured (played just in 18 games last season and is on the shelf right now again). So I'm not sure and definitely wouldn't throw anything else at the Heat. Would be a question for our scouts and our medical department. Right now I think Hernangomez is the surer bet to have a good career, while Winslow may still have some more potential. Definitely a disappointment for Miami though.

I tend to a no unless my scouts sell me on it.
#knickstape
Don Che

Yeh hes been mediocre at best so far but 21...good athlete...good motor and doesn't have attitude issues....seems like a system player IMO

And what we lack seems to be his calling card. And Willy for us this second...is a 0...does nothing we need.

I'm also willing to keep him and get rid of kanter and kyle tho
StevoStarks

Don Che wrote:Would you flip Willy for Justice Winslow?
I like it. Willy is doing nothing on the bench in an overloaded front court and Winslow fills a need for us. Obviously health is the concern. But that's a gamble I take.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
Don Che

come to think of it...JW is on a team that has other players that do what he does also...kinda stuck in the same position Willy is in.

I can easily see him flourish on another team and our team is filled with guys who dont attack...adding one to the mix might enhance how JW is viewed.

I guess what i mean is...if you have a group of attackers...and not a lot of spot shooters...those attackers value can diminish

but put 1 or 2 attackers on a team with a lot of spot shooters...those attackers look a lot better.

also we have a bunch of team first guys...the RIGHT piece would look good here...can easily see a system player become overrated here...this roster is so bugged it makes Lance/Beasley look like rotation NBA players lol...these guys along with Jack/Baker legit wouldnt be on any teams rotation in the NBA. Lance couldnt shoot 15 feet when he first got here...now hes not half bad from 3.

JW around these guys and taking that type of jump might help his career. Plus it clogs up a need that we were gonna look into the draft for if he actually pans out.

Gotta admit....we lack this skill set