Trey Burke anyone?

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

Don Che
Likes given: 9

im not good with Burke starting....and the fact Jack just got a triple double..i dont see him sitting any time soon either.
spree#8
Likes given: 540

Don Che wrote:the fact that we are even trying to trade sessions and/or kyle it proves to me just how delusional they might be lol
Heh? Trying to trade O'Quinn is delusional? That's a GM's job. :? And O'Quinn is playing extremely well and is on a very good contract. Same is true for Hernangomez. If Sessions goes in a trade, it would obviously be as a throw-in to make salaries match. Nothing strange or delusional at all. Whether we simply waive Sessions and sign Burke or not, we still have to clear the logjam at center, so of course a GM that takes his job seriously is feeling out whether he can do both (clear the logjam and a roster spot) in one sweep.
#knickstape
Don Che

i just dont see a team trading anything worth having for those pieces...esp when he can opt out
spree#8
Likes given: 540

Don Che wrote:i just dont see a team trading anything worth having for those pieces...esp when he can opt out
You always get a second round pick or a nice player at another position for a nice player. Not complicated at all. Only thing that could hinder us is when no team wants an upgrade at 4/5. But isn't there always one? Also: why shouldn't a team trading for O'Quinn want to resign him? His contract is a plus, not a minus. Good deal for this year (maybe more - if O'Quinn doesn't op out) and you are flexible for the future.

You also don't know whether something bigger is brewing. O'Quinn for a high second rounder would be the optimum, but maybe our management works at something different. Maybe O'Quinn/McDermott net you an upgrade over McDermott for the three. Or at least a guy whose contract doesn't run out in the summer that is at the same level/salary.
#knickstape
rebound
Likes given: 1102

january 11 still have jarret jack playing 0 defense, turning over the ball like a mad man and burke has been lighting up the gleague for how long?
TOM THIBODEAU'S NEW YORK KNICKS PRESENT:
HEROBALL. A STORY OF THE MID RANGE FADEAWAY JUMPER.
STARRING JALEN BUMSON AND DUBIOUS HANDLES.
rebound
Likes given: 1102

burke's not the solution but he's better than jack.
TOM THIBODEAU'S NEW YORK KNICKS PRESENT:
HEROBALL. A STORY OF THE MID RANGE FADEAWAY JUMPER.
STARRING JALEN BUMSON AND DUBIOUS HANDLES.
Muzhik1
Likes given: 0

rebound wrote:burke's not the solution but he's better than jack.
Absolutely. If this team gets an attacking guard who can break down defenses and set up plays, it will win more games.
Minkaveli
Likes given: 172

Per Berman Sessions is inactive tonight. Looks like he's most likely going to be dealt or cut to make room for Trey.
No longer sick and tired that Kurt wasn't hired.
Ari_Ingus

Minkaveli wrote:Per Berman Sessions is inactive tonight. Looks like he's most likely going to be dealt or cut to make room for Trey.
You were right:
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

Burkes main issue was that he lacked speed and athleticism at an nba level so things like defense was an issue for him. Not to mention he is more a scorer than a true facilitator. That's not to say he can't be useful but I don't see him breaking down defenses either.

His value comes as a guy who can dump the ball inside or execute a pass out of a designed route and then spread the floor as a shooter. His ceiling is more that of a Patty Mills or James's Nelson
Minkaveli

There was an article saying how he's matured and he's 25 now, married with a child. It's his time. Hopefully it's for the rest of the year. He should play with the second unit. Put him and Frank together in the back court.
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

Minkaveli wrote:There was an article saying how he's matured and he's 25 now, married with a child. It's his time. Hopefully it's for the rest of the year. He should play with the second unit. Put him and Frank together in the back court.
I don't really wanna see him with Frank. I like Frank starting with Hardaway and I envision Burke doing well with Lee
NYGM
Likes given: 471

I like frank, but i think he is hitting the wall....

Burke will get his chance once we start making some moves at the trade deadline IMO...
Muzhik1

It looks like he signed a contract for the remainder of the season. Low risk move.
taowave
Likes given: 817

Yup,he's got alot at sake.Good move,I like it..
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

Burke seems more of a scoring PG with defensive limitations; better off as a reserve to get us buckets in a hurry. Frank seems more comfortable as a secondary ball handler, might benefit playing more at the 2 at this early point in his career.
Minkaveli

However, one NBA coach said of Burke, “He’s a scoring guard who can’t score. The best player in the G League still could be the 14th, 15th man.”
Don Che

LMAOOO thats hilarious
shakespeare

rebound wrote:burke's not the solution but he's better than jack.
Co-sign, Burke’s definitely not the solution, although I’m not sure he’s better than Jack. Both can be found on any NBA Fantasy League’s waiver wire.

As far as playmaking, New York needs a legitimate NBA starting point guard.
#TeamTank
Muzhik1

:drunk: