FREE NOAH

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

gradyandrew
Likes given: 0

I noah what I'm talking about and am not joakim at all. It's time to FREE NOAH!
Randle in the Rafters
NYGM
Likes given: 481

gradyandrew wrote:I noah what I'm talking about and am not joakim at all. It's time to FREE NOAH!
Yes..

After the deadline..
maxinquaye11
Likes given: 6

Yes. We badly need some roughness and toughness. Unleash Hell's Kitchen. I'm all for it now since it has already been proven that Oak is better.

our young leader in MVP KP has now been scouted and exposed as a somewhat floppy softy little pony. This has taken away the team's mojo.

We need some Draymond Green nastiness out there.
 " Stat at 3 was code for Melo playing in the low post..." - n8 the gr8

"I don't ever wanna hear anyone bash max's 2 pg love again." - H20Knick

"Cant lie, he did play better off the bench." - nazrmohammed
Ari_Ingus

I agree, they should unleash the beast and let be the 2nd C after Kanter
gradyandrew

FREE NOAH!
Randle in the Rafters
Championship 16/17

gradyandrew wrote:FREE NOAH!
Yeah waive his ass :D
taowave
Likes given: 835

Well,Noah may be freeing himself...

Joakim Noah to miss at least 2 games for ‘personal reasons’ after source says Knicks center yelled at Jeff Hornacek
FRANK ISOLA JAN 25, 2018 4:15 PM
DENVER — Joakim Noah’s controversial and disastrous run in New York took another odd turn on Thursday when the Knicks announced that Noah, upset over his playing time, would not be available for at least the next two games due to “personal reasons.”

According to a source close to the veteran center, Noah shouted at head coach Jeff Hornacek after Hornacek removed him in the fourth quarter of Tuesday’s loss to the Golden State Warriors. Noah played just four minutes and 20 seconds.

“It didn’t look good,” the source said. “Joakim is obviously frustrated that he hasn’t been playing and then he finally goes in and he didn’t get much of a chance.”

The Knicks were deliberately vague on the details of Noah’s absence, especially since Noah attended Wednesday’s practice in Denver. It is not known if Noah’s brief outburst on Tuesday is the reason why he left the team. The Knicks did not classify Noah’s absence as a suspension.

When asked specifically about Noah’s status, Hornacek said: “We’re not going to comment on that stuff. Personal reasons. He won’t be with us the next couple of games.”

The Knicks play the Nuggets on Thursday and close out their Western Conference road trip Friday against the Phoenix Suns. Hornacek did not rule out Noah being away from the team for more than two games.

“We’ll see,” Hornacek added.

Noah entered the Warriors game for the first time with 10:09 remaining and the Knicks trailing 100-90. He was replaced by Enes Kanter with 5:38 left to play and the Knicks down 110-94. Noah, according to the source, was upset over getting a quick hook.

The Knicks are acting like Noah may not be available for an extended period of time because they recalled rookie shooting guard Damyean Dotson from the G-League to replace Noah on the active roster. Dotson was with Westchester for the G-League Showcase in Toronto and appeared in the team’s last four games.

“He’s the type of kid who wants to play," Hornacek said. “After all this having to go back and forth between inactive, we felt it would be good for him to have a stretch of (G League) games. He’s done well, enjoyed playing and is happy to come to us.”

Noah is in the second season of a four-year, $72 million contract that he signed under former Knicks president Phil Jackson. The contract is about as close to untradeable as any contract in the league.

Noah’s inaugural season with the Knicks was interrupted by injury and a 20-game suspension for violating the NBA’s anti-drug policy. Last year, Noah played his final game of the 2016-17 season on Feb. 4.

He opened this season serving out the remaining games of his suspension and being the odd man out in the Knicks rotation. Noah has appeared in just seven games this season. Clearly, Noah doesn’t have a place on a team that is in a rebuilding mode. The ideal scenario for both parties would be a buyout although neither the Knicks nor Noah has said publicly that they were looking to sever ties.

“(Joakim) works hard to keep himself in shape,” Hornacek said. “He’s professional that way. It’s always tough when you want to play."

nazrmohamed
Likes given: 251

I would feel bad for him and then I imagine him bathing in all that cash
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 161

Can't blame him for signing a golden contract. why wouldn't he?

He should be frustrated not playing more. He should be angry when on the bench. He is a very emotional player, that's part of what makes him an interesting player to have. A big part now that his athleticism went down with his injuries.

He crossed a line. Big deal. They'll work it out
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
taowave

You mean they will buy him out :)
taowave

I didn't see the GS game.. Hornacek yanked Noah with us down by 17 and playing 4 minutes in garbage time?

Kind of dumb to do to a vet..

Meanwhile, an NBA source who has spoken to Knicks brass told The Post their effort to trade Noah and his $72 million contract has ramped up. However, in past conversations with teams, the only way clubs would consider taking on Noah’s pact is if the Knicks tossed in their 2018 first-round pick – which is looking more and more like a lottery selection. The Knicks are 4-14 in their last 18 games to fall a season-low seven games below .500 at 21-28.
The Knicks refuse to part with their potential lottery pick, even if it would open up major salary-cap space in the summers of 2018, 2019 and 2020. Noah will make $18.5 million next season and $19.2 million in 2019-20. The Knicks still plan to ask teams around the league about Noah. Some in the organization feel he can still help the Knicks defensively.

Noah left the club Thursday morning in Denver after being “pissed,’’ as one source put it, at being removed in the Golden State game after playing just 4:31 of fourth-quarter garbage time on a night Kristaps Porzingis and Kyle O’Quinn sat out. Noah was visibly upset in the locker room after the game.

Noah didn’t get in until 10:09 left in the fourth quarter. He committed a defensive goaltending and threw the ball out of bounds before being pulled with 5:37 left by Hornacek.

Inexplicably, Noah was removed for starter Enes Kanter in a 17-point game. Noah looked anguished as he came out and said something to Hornacek. One source said Noah’s “feelings were hurt.’’
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

i couldn't care less lol. i'm just waiting for his contract to be up.
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 251

H20Knick wrote:i couldn't care less lol. i'm just waiting for his contract to be up.
Word.
gradyandrew

Total jonsing by Jeff and the front office. As was shown vs. the pelicans, Noah can still help the Knicks win games. They never had a plan for him all season and so now the relationship has deteriorated. I still think he should have been sent down to the d league and been told that as soon as he averages 20 a game he can come back. dude is scared of shooting the ball. if we can forgive enes for zoning out every 3rd defensive play, we should also figure out a way to get Noah involved on offense.
Randle in the Rafters
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 161

Can Noah just stop showing up to trainings/games? Wouldn't that be gross negligence or misconduct or something?
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
spree#8
Likes given: 542

NewlyKnicked wrote:Can Noah just stop showing up to trainings/games? Wouldn't that be gross negligence or misconduct or something?
Of course he can't. He was send home for a few days (reportedly after an heated argument) and will come back in a few more. Probably in Milwaukee (maybe he is in Chicago right now).
#knickstape