Trey Burke anyone?

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

rebound
Likes given: 1102

25 years old has chemistry with timmy from their days at uni of mich

he performed well above the other gleague players so maybe he deserves a 2nd chance at the nba.
TOM THIBODEAU'S NEW YORK KNICKS PRESENT:
HEROBALL. A STORY OF THE MID RANGE FADEAWAY JUMPER.
STARRING JALEN BUMSON AND DUBIOUS HANDLES.
StevoStarks
Likes given: 9

I have a funny feeling he's going to light the league on fire. Jeremy Lin, the 2nd coming.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

Minkaveli wrote:However, one NBA coach said of Burke, “He’s a scoring guard who can’t score. The best player in the G League still could be the 14th, 15th man.”
Lmao :LOL:
maxinquaye11
Likes given: 6

does getting burke mean that backup frank will now be outside the 10-man rotation?

why else would you bother getting him and cut little-use-to-no-use 3rd string pg ramon sessions right?
 " Stat at 3 was code for Melo playing in the low post..." - n8 the gr8

"I don't ever wanna hear anyone bash max's 2 pg love again." - H20Knick

"Cant lie, he did play better off the bench." - nazrmohammed
NYGM
Likes given: 471

maxinquaye11 wrote:does getting burke mean that backup frank will now be outside the 10-man rotation?

why else would you bother getting him and cut little-use-to-no-use 3rd string pg ramon sessions right?
Burke is going to be on the bench until Jack breaks down or we made some trades..

I don't think he's getting Frank's PT..

Nice insurance and should be more productive than Sessions..
Ari_Ingus
Likes given: 0

Team is shit, get rid of Jack as well.
Muzhik1

Burke is out best guard. Frank is too inexperienced, Jack is too old and slow, Baker belongs in the g league.
KnicksRUs

maxinquaye11 wrote:does getting burke mean that backup frank will now be outside the 10-man rotation?

Yes, we're going to bench our high 1st round draft pick and 2nd most tradable asset......... Really? Jeff's an idiot but he's not that stupid.
"I hate them" - Stugotz
Muzhik1

gradyandrew

Fugly
Randle in the Rafters
thewatcher
Likes given: 2608

FUCK YEAH!!! :drunk:
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
thewatcher
Likes given: 2608

StevoStarks wrote:I have a funny feeling he's going to light the league on fire. Jeremy Lin, the 2nd coming.
:clap:
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

He's been a real positive for us, brings an offensive spark that we were missing and hasn't been the defensive liability that was advertised. Trey should have a regular role and minutes moving forward; we haven't seen his best yet.
spree#8
Likes given: 540

#knickstape
taowave
Likes given: 817

Good call....

Guy can play.Needs to spend the summer getting stronger,but very impressive so far..

The offense is on another level with Trey on the court..

Hopefully Frank is watching

New York Knicks: Trey Burke proving the system can work
by Maxwell Ogden1 hour ago

Trey Burke has added a missing dynamic to Jeff Hornacek’s offense. The New York Knicks are beginning to look like the team they’re meant to be.
New York Knicks head coach Jeff Hornacek achieved enough success with the Phoenix Suns to be the runner up for Coach of the Year in 2013-14. Ranking No. 2 behind Gregg Popovich was a deserved honor for an individual who turned an injury depleted Suns roster into a 48-win team.

The highlight of the Suns’ success was the presence of a beautiful motion offense that was run by multiple point guards who could create consistent penetration.

For the better part of the 2017-18 season, Hornacek had been unable to recreate the success he experienced in Phoenix. What’s often overlooked in the criticism of New York’s embattled head coach, however, is the fact that his system lacks what it needs most: A penetrating point guard.

According to Al Iannazzone of Newsday, coach Hornacek praised recent signee Trey Burke for adding the long missing element on offense.

“The game changes a bit when he’s out there,” Hornacek said. “With him, [Kristaps Porzingis] and shooters, we feel good about that group being out there. He’s got the ability to get us some easy looks on the pick-and-roll, saw he’s able to drive around big guys when they did switch. It puts pressure on the defense.”

It’s only been six games, but Burke’s arrival has coincided with what may be the best offensive stretch of the season thus far.

Jarrett Jack has done a commendable job as a veteran leader, and Frank Ntilikina has flashed elite potential as an on-ball defender. As far as running Hornacek’s offense is concerned, however, the Knicks have suffered from the inability to create consistent penetration.

Over the course of Burke’s first six games in New York, however, the Knicks have made a leap of truly prolific measures.

The mere introduction of a point guard who can create in isolation has sparked the resurrection of Hornacek’s once heralded offensive pedigree.

New York is currently averaging 125.2 points per 100 possessions when Burke is on the court. While that number is clearly unsustainable, it’s one that speaks to how much better the offense is when a penetrating guard poses a threat to opposing defenses.

As for the more sustainable figures: When Burke is on the court, the Knicks are burying 8.3 three-point field goals per 100 possessions on 43.3 percent shooting. It’s also attempting 24.4 free throw attempts per game.

Between the pick and roll, the drive-and-dish game, and Burke’s individual scoring ability, Hornacek is proving how effective his offense truly is with a player of Burke’s design.

MUST READ: Five athletic wings to consider trading for
The New York Knicks may or may not reach the playoffs, but an important truth has been revealed: Jeff Hornacek’s offense will work with a point guard who can break a defense down.

spree#8 wrote:Trey Burke anyone? viewtopic.php?f=1&t=39550&p=708838#p708838
nazrmohamed

Ill bench the little turd if he starts to ruin my tank but from am individual perspective, good job.
taowave
Likes given: 817

If the guy can spell D,the tank is in trouble..
nazrmohamed wrote:Ill bench the little turd if he starts to ruin my tank but from am individual perspective, good job.
Minkaveli
Likes given: 172

I'd like to see what he does in crunch time.
No longer sick and tired that Kurt wasn't hired.
nazrmohamed

Yes, we're going to bench our high 1st round draft pick and 2nd most tradable asset......... Really? Jeff's an idiot but he's not that stupid
You really don't know that.

And let's be real, Trey Burke ain't no starter. But what he may do is give Hornicek an inspiration to have us draft a PG. All he has to do is show that all his system needs is a penetrating of and poor, we might draft Sexton. Now I had Sexton nowhere on my wishlist but how do I argue it?
Don Che
Likes given: 9

Too bad the pgs in this class suck for the most port