Knicks trade deadline rumors/news

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

Knickyankee3
Likes given: 0

Mr3037 wrote:I dont want Payton simply because of his haircut
hahaha same here! That's the dumbest hairdo I've ever seen, it has its own weather system for christsakes! Its like a mixrture between Elvis and a fked up Afro.

I thought he stunk last year, but he's shown he has some good game this year and I wouldn't be adversed to trading for him and getting Noah off the decks, that would be a +move after yesterdays horror.
keep calm and switch on defense.
NYGM
Likes given: 490

Rather have a wing or a pick..
Don Che
Likes given: 9

Payton is a smoke screen, it makes 0 sense
spree#8
Likes given: 547

Anyone found any new rumors? Is still something brewing? Anyone? ;)
#knickstape
Muzhik1

@MarcJSpearsESPN

The quiet Knicks have been getting a lot of interest in sharpshooting forward Doug McDermott.
StevoStarks

Muzhik1 wrote:@MarcJSpearsESPN

The quiet Knicks have been getting a lot of interest in sharpshooting forward Doug McDermott.
1st rounder for Doug E Doug?
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
spree#8

Now that sounds promising, because I am not sure that we should resign him (he does so little besides being an adequate weapon on offense), so if something interesting gets offered, I would go for it. Should be another young player though or what do you guys think? I guess if we acquire one more second rounder, MSG will burn.
Last edited by spree#8 on February 8th, 2018, 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#knickstape
spree#8

StevoStarks wrote: 1st rounder for Doug E Doug?
Don't think he has that much value.
#knickstape
thewatcher
Likes given: 2681

I agree move McDermott. Keep Beasley.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
Muzhik1

I don't think he can land a first rounder. If they contemplate on trading him, they won't get more than a second rounder or a young under productive player.
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

apparently, no one is giving up a 1st rounder for Tyreke Evans... so it doesn't look good for us to get one for Lee or McD or anyone else for that matter
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
spree#8

Muzhik1 wrote:I don't think he can land a first rounder. If they contemplate on trading him, they won't get more than a second rounder or a young under productive player.
I read somewhere that we search for a Terry Rozier before he becomes Terry Rozier. Not his position, just the type of acquisition. Young and undervalued player. Would be nice to grab such a guy for once.
#knickstape
Muzhik1

@NYPost_Berman

Sixers are looking for a shooter at the deadline. Have mulled McDermott. They still have bevy of second-rounders.
spree#8

H20Knick wrote:apparently, no one is giving up a 1st rounder for Tyreke Evans... so it doesn't look good for us to get one for Lee or McD or anyone else for that matter
Yup. And that climate is also something to keep in mind. If we can add young players instead, fine, go for it. If nothing is out there, let's keep our assets until the draft and try again. Obviously I hope we still get something done, but we don't need to press it just to do something.

My expectation going in was that we clear the center logjam and do nothing else, so everything more that happens would already be a plus.
#knickstape
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

spree#8 wrote:
Yup. And that climate is also something to keep in mind. If we can add young players instead, fine, go for it. If nothing is out there, let's keep our assets until the draft and try again. Obviously I hope we still get something done, but we don't need to press it just to do something.

My expectation going in was that we clear the center logjam and do nothing else, so everything more that happens would already be a plus.
i still want courtney lee gone. Him+Beasley+THJ is just too much firepower to get us to the bottom 6 in the draft
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
spree#8

H20Knick wrote:
i still want courtney lee gone. Him+Beasley+THJ is just too much firepower to get us to the bottom 6 in the draft
Understood, but I think that has more to do with what the 7 really bad teams behind us (or in front in the tank race) do, than with what we do. But we'll see. Would be nice for Lee and us if a contender makes us a good offer, because he could certainly bring something to the table for such a team. But I like him a lot, so I wouldn't be mad if he stays (which BTW, he said today, is what he wants).
#knickstape
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

We got mudiay in a 3 team deal for McDermott, good deal
Minkaveli
Likes given: 175

solid deal.
No longer sick and tired that Kurt wasn't hired.
StevoStarks

Yep. I like this trade as well. Now let's get Jack off the team.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

JJ will probably get bought out, he'd fit it in a contending club that needs depth