2017-2018 Tank

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

StevoStarks
Likes given: 9

rebound wrote:julius randle might be a good alternative.
That’s the guy.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 160

Here is the rest of the schedule with "lottery games" in bold (5 in total, 3 at home):

Feb. 11 at Indiana
Feb. 12 at Philadelphia
Feb. 14 Washington
Feb. 22 at Orlando
Feb. 24 Boston
Feb. 26 Golden State
Mar. 2 at LAC
Mar. 4 at Sacramento
Mar. 6 at Portland
Mar. 9 at Milwaukee
Mar. 11 Toronto
Mar. 13 Dallas
Mar. 15 Philadelphia
Mar. 17 Charlotte
Mar. 19 Chicago
Mar. 21 at Miami
Mar. 23 Minnesota
Mar. 25 at Washington
Mar. 26 at Charlotte
Mar. 28 at Philadelphia
Mar. 31 Detroit
Apr. 3 Orlando
Apr. 6 Miami
Apr. 7 Milwaukee
Apr. 9 Cleveland
Apr. 11 at Cleveland
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NewlyKnicked

I'd predict 4-5 wins in those 26 games. We have won too many games so far, but we seem to have find our pace recently.

Top 7 is def doable, top 5 is a bit of a reach but then the pingpong balls may help (at long last)
Don Che

That schedule looks rough
gradyandrew
Likes given: 0

That schedule, wow, it doesn't really let up. It looks like the season got away. Too bad there was a stretch where the team looked really good, that second half vs. Toronto was special. It seemed like the team never really recovered from that Cavs comeback loss, the same comeback that gave the Cavs the cushion they've been sitting on ever since.
Randle in the Rafters
spree#8
Likes given: 540

NewlyKnicked wrote:I'd predict 4-5 wins in those 26 games. We have won too many games so far, but we seem to have find our pace recently.

Top 7 is def doable, top 5 is a bit of a reach but then the pingpong balls may help (at long last)
The last seven teams will not get ahead of us in the win column. Wishful thinking. 5 more wins in a tank race are too much to overcome.
#knickstape
NewlyKnicked

spree#8 wrote:The last seven teams will not get ahead of us in the win column. Wishful thinking. 5 more wins in a tank race are too much to overcome.
Orlando is on a tear lately for some reason and Brooklynn doesn't have any reason to aim for the bottom so that's already two teams that we should be able to pass.
That's top 7.

Then it becomes a bit of a stretch I admit but:
- Chicago was using Mirotic for only 25mpg and Markannen/Bobby may end up filling his role decently, plus Lavine is playing better and better and Dunn should come back next week
- Memphis couldn't find a new home to Evans. He's been playing awesome. Gasol (if healthy) is too much of a competitor to even think about the bench
That's top 5.

5 wins may be too much I agree, but Timmy seems to have his mind set on watching Doncic from the bench next year ;)
Don Che

im not gonna dwell on other teams...if we stay under 30 wins....we will get an impact player..thats what im telling myself lol i cna't handle the stress of checking 7 bad teams all at once.
spree#8
Likes given: 540

With KP out at the start of next season and us probably going a little younger we might have a better chance at a very high draft pick in 2019 than in 2018.
#knickstape
rebound
Likes given: 1104

orlando just traded their starting pg for a 2nd round pick.
TOM THIBODEAU'S NEW YORK KNICKS PRESENT:
HEROBALL. A STORY OF THE MID RANGE FADEAWAY JUMPER.
STARRING JALEN BUMSON AND DUBIOUS HANDLES.
PistolPete
Likes given: 5

NewlyKnicked wrote:Here is the rest of the schedule with "lottery games" in bold (5 in total, 3 at home):

Feb. 11 at Indiana
Feb. 12 at Philadelphia
Feb. 14 Washington
Feb. 22 at Orlando
Feb. 24 Boston
Feb. 26 Golden State
Mar. 2 at LAC
Mar. 4 at Sacramento
Mar. 6 at Portland
Mar. 9 at Milwaukee
Mar. 11 Toronto
Mar. 13 Dallas
Mar. 15 Philadelphia
Mar. 17 Charlotte
Mar. 19 Chicago
Mar. 21 at Miami
Mar. 23 Minnesota
Mar. 25 at Washington
Mar. 26 at Charlotte
Mar. 28 at Philadelphia
Mar. 31 Detroit
Apr. 3 Orlando
Apr. 6 Miami
Apr. 7 Milwaukee
Apr. 9 Cleveland
Apr. 11 at Cleveland

Call me crazy, but I think the only winnable games here are both Orlando games, and maybe the Dallas one.

This would be glorious.
Damn it feels good to be a tankster.
rebound

bulls up 2 losses
hornets down 1 loss
rebound

wendell carter or mikal bridges seem like alright consolation prizes for this season's disaster.

i'd go carter due to him being 3 years younger and already a bull.
NYGM
Likes given: 473

rebound wrote:wendell carter or mikal bridges seem like alright consolation prizes for this season's disaster.

i'd go carter due to him being 3 years younger and already a bull.
We would need better players definitely.. Or them to be way better than expected..

What about our chances for a top 6 pick?
NYGM
Likes given: 473

rebound wrote:orlando just traded their starting pg for a 2nd round pick.
Damn.. Tanking at his best..
Don Che

just watched last years all american game....does anyone else feel Michael Porter Jr is more of a 4? He was the MVP going 16 and 6 but just seeing how he moves...is it just me or does he seem more like a scoring 4 man rather than a 3 that most ppl on mocks/experts are claiming he is. He gets compared to KD..but i just dont see it, the moment i saw KD i knew he was a wing...i saw him being a playmaker on the floor....basically the guy getting the screen not the one setting one. I see Michael more like a more athletic Gallinari...who also had back issues and who also...would be a darn good player just not a franchise one. Its also not a knock on MPJ i like him but look at KP in college and please tell me you dont see a clear difference in ball handling/creating btwn the 2 and also remember KD is taller/longer/ but a wide margin.

Michael looks like hes the next evolution of stretch 4's since he can score from every where. He's also 6'10 215 and 7' wingspan which....is a tad small defending the 4...but more than exceptional for the 3 but in HS i've only seen him guard the post its hard to project defense and passing at the HS level.

Same with Bagley i just feel like their skill set and position arent an even match to the position they project to be based off the experts.

only reason for optimism is that i knocked Jayson Tatum because off the eye test i saw a guy that was projected to be a 3 but couldnt shoot from deep and moved more like a 4.

in one summer he becomes a knock down shooter/worked on his body and now a prototypical 3.

things like that make me not only think of what they are now but what will they work on? what work ethic do they have? Tatum took a weakness into a strength within 6 months. But for every Tatum theres a million prospects who are they are.

so I question MPJ and Bagley....MPJ im more stuck on him being a 4 more because of how he moves..i know he can score from diff spots. Bagley i see him as a 4/5 because of his frame...lack of 3 point shooting/bad decision making with the ball but he moves like hes a 2 guard...so I really dont know..if Bagley works on his shot like Tatum and learn how to think the game a bit as a playmaker..your talking about a kid that can play 4-2 lmao..kid is a complete anomoly at the wing but he's not as unique at the 4/5...if you think KP gets abused you've seen nothing yet when putting Bagley against a 5.

draftexpress seems to see him as a 4, ...nbadraft/draftroom see him as a 3.
Last edited by Don Che on February 10th, 2018, 10:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
shakespeare

Chicago is definitely gonna win more games than us.

Seems like Orlando should, too.

Nets, maybe.

Grizzlies are gonna be assholes, though.

Knicks currently projected to be the 9th pick. http://www.tankathon.com/
#TeamTank
Don Che

if we are 9th....and KP only been out one game....thats a good sign.

we should be 7th...maybe 6th. which puts us in the Mamba/Michael Porter/ JJJ range.
shakespeare

Like yourself, both are what I consider to be “new breed” players in the same light as Porzingis, Giannis, Simmons, etc.

Porter reminds me of a prototypical 3 while Bagley reminds me of a stretch 4. At the same time, Porter also reminds me of a stretch 4 while Bagley’s game sorta reminds me of Joel Embiid.

Bagley could probably man the 5 position ala Al Horford, but I can see him getting dominated on the boards early in his career. He reminds me of one of those players we witness later in the prime of his NBA and his body has completely transformed.
#TeamTank
shakespeare

I’d be satisfied with the 6th.
#TeamTank