Willy headed to Charlotte for Johnny O'Bryant and 2 2nd round picks

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

StevoStarks
Likes given: 9

Kornet is a legend in the making. The next Jeremy Lin. The next Slavko Vranes. The next.....Fred Jones.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
bobhait
Likes given: 62

meanwhile, the Cavs got rid of more former Knicks than the Knicks did
sky’s the limit
nbafreak724
Likes given: 0

StevoStarks wrote: The next.....Fred Jones.
Unfortunately, I dont visit this site as much as I used to. But maybe this is why. The complete disrespect and blasphemy shown when it comes to The Great One is abhorrent and unacceptable. SMH
"Come at the king, you best not miss."
Don Che

is it just me...or did we trade Willy and got more back than Orlando did for Elfrid Payton?...starting 23 year old PG...got them a 2nd rounder lol
StevoStarks

Don Che wrote:is it just me...or did we trade Willy and got more back than Orlando did for Elfrid Payton?...starting 23 year old PG...got them a 2nd rounder lol
We did, and it forced me to get off my high horse lambasting the trade.

I still would have liked to see what we had in Willy with KP going down, but I think we'll be ok.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
taowave
Likes given: 817

I think Orlando bluffed,we landed Mudiay and they were sellers to the best remaining offer..

They are awful
Don Che wrote:is it just me...or did we trade Willy and got more back than Orlando did for Elfrid Payton?...starting 23 year old PG...got them a 2nd rounder lol
spree#8
Likes given: 540

Not only that: Tyreke Evans also wasn't able to bring in a better offer than Willy.
#knickstape
Championship 16/17

I was a big Willy supporter, but this was a good trade to get two second round picks back. The timing of the trade was ruthless, but I like that. I stated before, with a healthy KP still playing and you trade his brother Willy, I think KP doesn't resign. We KP going down, he lost his leverage and trading Willy to a team full of big man in front of him doesn't expose the Knicks if Willy was the starting center and giving 30 minutes a night. Willy will be an upgrade over Kanter, but I dont think you will not see that on the Hornets.

It is clear that the Knicks are going forward with Kanter, and he will most likely rape the Knicks in his contract extension if he remains a starter. Unless you can get him in a reserve role and with a reserve contract, Kanter will milk the Knicks before you see him play in a playoff atmosphere, where you will then learn you made the mistake picking kanter over Willy.

Resign Willy when is contract is up with Hornets would be a win/win.
thewatcher
Likes given: 2608

^^ are you done crying?/ please now not a mention of Willie until his first double-double. That's fair.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
Don Che

not for nothing...i'll admit i overreacted....based on what EP and Tyreke(2 players more valueable than willy) got less back.

so far....he did well with the Melo trade and well with the Willy trade....and depending on how things go....he may have killed on the mudiay trade..even if he sucks we gave up nothing.
taowave

Thats my point..

Perry appears to be making smart bets..I do not like Mudiay,but love the trade...Love the Burke move..Love the Beasly move..All upside ,no downside

As for Willie,we cant have it both ways. Coach kills his value,and some expect a huge return on him..

Don Che wrote:not for nothing...i'll admit i overreacted....based on what EP and Tyreke(2 players more valueable than willy) got less back.

so far....he did well with the Melo trade and well with the Willy trade....and depending on how things go....he may have killed on the mudiay trade..even if he sucks we gave up nothing.
taowave

I think its a given that he will put up a double double..That was never his issue...

Now,Im not falling in love with Kornet(yet),but if he can play D and block some shots,we are way ahead of the game.

Wake me up when Wille blocks 3 shots

thewatcher wrote:^^ are you done crying?/ please now not a mention of Willie until his first double-double. That's fair.
thewatcher

^^coach didn't kill his value, he sucks, and we got 2 MOFO 2nd rounders?? Big men who don't defend (or rebound at a ferocious pace) belong in Europe. :arrow:

Kornet also has a feathery 3 point shot. He's soft, but so is Willie.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
taowave

I think Orlando overplayed their hand hoping for more than the Knicks were offering.They outsmarted themselves
taowave

All rookie to All suck??

Hes a 10 and 8 guy with no D

Kanter made him very expendable

thewatcher wrote:^^coach didn't kill his value, he sucks, and we got 2 MOFO 2nd rounders?? Big men who don't defend (or rebound at a ferocious pace) belong in Europe. :arrow:

Kornet also has a feathery 3 point shot. He's soft, but so is Willie.
thewatcher

Kanter isn't getting a bloated contract either. This year i'd offer a 3 year deal 14 millon a year and since he'd only take this here, a no-trade clause. I bet he takes it.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
Don Che

i hope so watcher....but the knicks game Tim 70 million...how is Kanter who gives us more than tim take that price tag.
thewatcher

Security. He loves it here that much. He isn't worth 18 million. He should know that. Tim was an over pay restricted agent steal. Kanter setting himself up for life taking insurance against playing a contract year.
Last edited by thewatcher on February 11th, 2018, 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
Championship 16/17

thewatcher wrote:^^ are you done crying?/ please now not a mention of Willie until his first double-double. That's fair.
The only reason I'd be crying is from laughing so hard at the thought of anybody extending Kanter after this season, cry to that. He should not opt out and we get another look at him next year. Padding your stats bc KP is out so you can stay here long term and eat Turkish food is a joke. It will be Kanter's biggest mistake to opt out, it was clear nobody wanted him at the trade deadline. He opts out, I would low ball him so he is easier to trade, bc he only wants to stay in NY. Willy wanted to play, and left the greatest city in the world for the love of the game. Those are the players that deserve to be here.
Championship 16/17

thewatcher wrote:Kanter isn't getting a bloated contract either. This year i'd offer a 3 year deal 14 millon a year and since he'd only take this here, a no-trade clause. I bet he takes it.
LMFAO, you think the Knicks will give Kanter a no trade clause, I'm crying now :LOL: