What we must do...

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

Red
Likes given: 0

It's crass, cold-blooded, shrewd even but we must move on AS IF Kristops doesn't exist anymore (if you know what I'm saying). At full strength KP is a force. With a torn acl, missing a season, and at the end of his rookie contract he must be seen as useless.

Don't believe he'll be back to his 100% self.Don't "build around" him.
Don't draft and sign with him in mind.

Do what must be done and completely move on from him and expect the best but plan for the worst. That's not to say he won't be back eventually and just in case you misunderstood, it's not to say I don't believe he can recover or be useful- but it is to say remove the emotion, be real, and do what must be done. Act like you lost him forever.

Put it this way... before the injury we all knew we needed and we all wanted a BETTER player than him on the wing. That does not change. If anything it reveals an opportunity and adds impetus to achieving what we all knew must be done so in that sense nothing has changed.

We are still in need of elite talent. With or without KP we needed elite talent to be taken serious. Nothing has changed except I for one refuse to put this on hold due to this injury.

It's unfortunate but this is how it has to be. We must completely rebuild WITHOUT consideration of KP, move on and find that star. In that sense, no one is greater than the team and at a point it'll be up to KP to fit in if he wants. That would mean we become strong enough to win without him.

That being said if Jeff Hornaceck wins 1 more Fucking game... 1 more FUCKING game! He's Fired.

That sounds crazy coming from me but we have to do what we have to do and that starts with getting that pick.
The Mecca of Mess
rebound
Likes given: 1141

:clap:

And use this opportunity for the young guys to get valuable playing experience. AKA fire Jeff
TOM THIBODEAU'S NEW YORK KNICKS PRESENT:
HEROBALL. A STORY OF THE MID RANGE FADEAWAY JUMPER.
STARRING JALEN BUMSON AND DUBIOUS HANDLES.
spree#8
Likes given: 547

You don't fire coaches or players if they win games. Feel free though to hope that we lose every game from here on.

That being said, what we really must do is let the players and coaches do their thing. We have to understand that especially the players don't care for the pick we want to be as high as possible, so we simply can't be mad at anyone if he hits a game winner. That guy (think - how was his name - Ndour, it was Ndour last season) probably simply fights for a spot in the league.

So we have to keep that in mind. We are five wins above the bottom of the league, so don't expect much movement from us this season. 5 wins is a ton in a tank race. Next year with KP sidelined could be a better chance at a first overall pick than now. One bad start to next season and we would be in the game...
#knickstape
taowave
Likes given: 844

Sadly,we are in 100 percent agreement..
Red wrote:It's crass, cold-blooded, shrewd even but we must move on AS IF Kristops doesn't exist anymore (if you know what I'm saying). At full strength KP is a force. With a torn acl, missing a season, and at the end of his rookie contract he must be seen as useless.

Don't believe he'll be back to his 100% self.Don't "build around" him.
Don't draft and sign with him in mind.

Do what must be done and completely move on from him and expect the best but plan for the worst. That's not to say he won't be back eventually and just in case you misunderstood, it's not to say I don't believe he can recover or be useful- but it is to say remove the emotion, be real, and do what must be done. Act like you lost him forever.

Put it this way... before the injury we all knew we needed and we all wanted a BETTER player than him on the wing. That does not change. If anything it reveals an opportunity and adds impetus to achieving what we all knew must be done so in that sense nothing has changed.

We are still in need of elite talent. With or without KP we needed elite talent to be taken serious. Nothing has changed except I for one refuse to put this on hold due to this injury.

It's unfortunate but this is how it has to be. We must completely rebuild WITHOUT consideration of KP, move on and find that star. In that sense, no one is greater than the team and at a point it'll be up to KP to fit in if he wants. That would mean we become strong enough to win without him.

That being said if Jeff Hornaceck wins 1 more Fucking game... 1 more FUCKING game! He's Fired.

That sounds crazy coming from me but we have to do what we have to do and that starts with getting that pick.
Red
Likes given: 0

Lose every game and let the chips fall where they may. I refuse to let those BK-ATL-DAL picks skate on through.

Sit Tim, play the rooks, use every tank strategy known dnp-cd whatever shamelessly. Fuck the Cavs.

It would behoove Hornacek lose.
The Mecca of Mess
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

Red wrote:Lose every game and let the chips fall where they may. I refuse to let those BK-ATL-DAL picks skate on through.

Sit Tim, play the rooks, use every tank strategy known dnp-cd whatever shamelessly. Fuck the Cavs.

It would behoove Hornacek lose.
...because he's gonna go on a 40 ppg tear in the last week of the season to screw up any tank plans