It's time to start questioning Perry

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

spree#8
Likes given: 534

StevoStarks wrote:We are not getting rid of Noah without taking on a player like Chandler Parsons. I guess it works in our favor if we get an equally shitty contract, but at least the player is a wing and fits our rotation.
That is something to think about, because traded players also might be more willing to discuss a buyout. But maybe Noah is our second center after tomorrow and will have to be reintegrated. Doesn't look likely, but we also can't have him sit at home for 2.5 years.
#knickstape
taowave
Likes given: 817

I'm feeling a little better
In two years, Orlando managed to turn Tobias Harris, Victor Oladipo, and Elfrid Payton into Terrence Ross and a second round pick. That's some solid work
Don Che
Likes given: 9

theres a reason why we have teams always in the lottery

and its always stupid to give up on talent...gotta put talent in situations to succeed.

Mudiay/Frank/KP has to be the focus on making them the best they can be
gradyandrew
Likes given: 0

Don Che wrote:theres a reason why we have teams always in the lottery

and its always stupid to give up on talent...gotta put talent in situations to succeed.

Mudiay/Frank/KP has to be the focus on making them the best they can be
I feel were at the "throw spaghetti on the wall and see what sticks" stage. The Noah situation, followed by the KP injury, and the recent play, really seem to scream that we're about to go into a full tailspin that will probably continue until KP comes back. Most likely that's going to be November of 2019. At that point, the only non rookie on the team with any value is THJ. Everyone else is expendable and should be traded for picks and expirings. And then, when FREE AGENCY 2019 rolls around the Knicks can go full Kawhi/ Spurs and max out their contracts while the less than max hold prevails, then sign KP for the max.
Randle in the Rafters
shakespeare

Knicks are on a good path https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.postin ... -good-path

Probably depending on who you ask, though.
#TeamTank
taowave

Shakes,I wouldn't say we are on the right path,but I would say we are making some smart moves,and that plus a little luck is a recipe for success..

We're the Baker and TH Jr good moved at the right price??

Probably not,but TH Jr could work,and it's not on the Noah category.Mistakes like Noah are what kill you

Trading Willie was a non event other than we killed his value..

Signing Burke,trading for Mudiay are all upside with no downside.I don't like Mudiay,but I love the bet.

The tank is on..A little late,bit better late than never..
shakespeare

A little late but better late than never, wholeheartedly agreed.

Hopefully we strike gold in this draft in both rounds.
#TeamTank
Don Che

baker is gone after next year....doubt we move him.

i love the path we are.

get the best player possible in the draft and we added a possible future asset...we have the right mindset for this rebuild.
taowave

Ok,what path are we on,and what would you do with Kanter? Is Hornacek your guy?

Don Che wrote:baker is gone after next year....doubt we move him.

i love the path we are.

get the best player possible in the draft and we added a possible future asset...we have the right mindset for this rebuild.
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 158

taowave wrote:Ok,what path are we on,and what would you do with Kanter? Is Hornacek your guy?
Our path is getting young players with potential and develop them. for the end of the season and the next one, that's all we should do. then if the roster works out and with KP coming back, we aim for the playoffs.

Kanter should be offered a 3-4 year deal at the end of this season for 10-12 mil per. If he opts in, fine we'll see at the next tradeline what the market looks like for a offensively talented big with an ending contract of this size. He will then be a strong asset.

Hornacek has been doing a decent job so far imo, overachieving at the start of the season, pushing for the playoffs as he should, letting the youth take over slowly now that po are out of the equation. If he keeps giving solid pt to the young guys from now on, I would like for him to stay, get more familiar with his roster and FO, develop our guards and finally get some continuity in this franchise.
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
taowave

Thats fair.....you see Kanter as a starter??
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 158

I see him as a strong alternative in the games we lack offense and rebounding but going with kanter we would need another big,a more versatile option to defend the small ball/space the floor in offense. I think it’d be great for the coach to have these 2 different weapons both able to start and get most minutes if the matchup is in their favor
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

On a contending team Kanter is not a starter; a very high quality reserve, but not a starter. OKC overpaid him because they were afraid of losing him, we shouldn't make the same mistake.
thewatcher
Likes given: 2607

agreed, I would offer kanter 13-14 million a year, to opt out. He can get his security and we get a good price.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
taowave

Is Hardaway a starter in your eyes??

32 mil between Kanter and Jr sitting on the bench is tough to swallow.Then again,Iggy get paid 17 mil to come off the bench..

im ignoring Phils gift that keeps on giving

thewatcher wrote:agreed, I would offer kanter 13-14 million a year, to opt out. He can get his security and we get a good price.
Don Che

looking at Noah's contract and Tims.....I'd penny pinch everything else.

while Tim got a contract that plenty of players got at that time...but just because other teams make dumb moves it doesnt give this on the ok.

in 2 years a player at Tims talent will make 50 mill in that same time span.

hence...while I like Kanter i think its gonn abe hard to keep him.
taowave

I completely agree with you....

Don Che wrote:looking at Noah's contract and Tims.....I'd penny pinch everything else.

while Tim got a contract that plenty of players got at that time...but just because other teams make dumb moves it doesnt give this on the ok.

in 2 years a player at Tims talent will make 50 mill in that same time span.

hence...while I like Kanter i think its gonn abe hard to keep him.