Around the NBA 2017-18

Discuss matters related to other teams, players, and/or the league in general.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

dcapodic
Likes given: 0

shakespeare wrote:Are you kidding me?

Harden is the leader of the Houston Rockets.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 740812001/
"If James tells you, 'Chuck, you've got to play better D,' you listening to him? You've got to be kidding me," McHale said. "I lived through it, believe me. Everybody in the locker room (put their head in their hands). ... I just think Chris Paul will be good for James Harden. It will allow him to just be what he is, which is a phenomenal basketball player, (but) not trying to lead a team. That's just not his personality."
Exactly.
- Me being the resident optimist around this cesspool of doom and gloom, StevoStarks, circa 2019
shakespeare

#TeamTank
shakespeare

Dcap. You quoted a salty ex-coach, the same man who blamed Harden for his firing?

Really?
Last edited by shakespeare on February 8th, 2018, 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
#TeamTank
shakespeare

This article regarding Harden being an alpha is both subjective and objective which means the truth will be found somewhere in between https://www.google.com/amp/www.houstonc ... 274399.php
#TeamTank
dcapodic

shakespeare wrote:Dcap. You quoted a salty ex-coach, the same man who blamed Harden for his firing?

Really?
Absolutely shakes! The article was the type of thing I look to get more info from than a subjective, planned interview type of thing. I get where McHale is coming from and I weight that part out. What I get from this type of thing is the real, behind the scenes look at what is happening, albeit from a singular perspective.

shakes, we are probably splitting hairs about this. One of the reasons I asked for your definition was specifically to try and understand where a guy like Harden would fit in your world. Let me say this, I REALLY like Harden so don't take anything I say as a shot at him, not at all.

In reference to the second article you posted, I saw that also. TBH, I think it equally supports the points I was trying to make. I am not saying Harden is not a "leader", he is just not an "alpha" type in the mold that you defined. I have always thought of Harden as a lead by example type and sure enough in your article:
"Chris leads by talking and James leads by example," said Rockets guard Bobby Brown, a longtime friend of both. "When you have that, when you have both of them, it's definitely good for our team. James brings it every night. You have CP who brings it and he's telling people what to do. We were just talking about that. 'Man, you're always talking.' But that's his personality. That's how he leads.

To me, that IS a leader but not an alpha.

Harden speaking about himself:
"There's different types of leaders," Harden said. "I've always been a leader with my work ethic, just becoming more comfortable communicating and being a vocal leader, and knowing the guys you're leading, knowing what's around you. Then, it's just going out of my way a lot more than I always had. It's one thing to show the person, but it's also going out there making sure the person feels they're loved, that they feel welcome at all times.

"Some people, they just don't have the qualities of being a leader, whether you are younger or older. Some do. When you are young and have those qualities, you can build on them. I got better every single year at that. I still have a long way to go."
Says it all. He is a type of leader, for sure. Just not the alpha type.
- Me being the resident optimist around this cesspool of doom and gloom, StevoStarks, circa 2019
taowave
Likes given: 817

On another not Markell Fultz icould be out for the year.I have Never seen a guys game fall apart like his has..

I watched a video,and he litterally can't shoot outside of 10 feet..And I am not exaggerating
Markelle Fultz could miss the remainder of his rookie season with ongoing shoulder issues.

"There's always a chance that he's going to be out there soon, and there's a chance that he's not going to play this year. I can't answer that question because we don't know the answer to that," said Bryan Colangelo.

Colangelo said Fultz's shooting range is "in the paint right now."

Fultz has played in only four games this season and has been out since October 23rd. The 76ers are still not sure if changing his shot caused the injury, or if the injury caused the change in his shot.

“It’s been tough, but at the end of the day, I know it’s gonna make me better,” Fultz said this week. “It’s been a long journey just trying to re-learn it, I’m just going through it and I wanna go back out there as quick as I can but it’s been a slow process.”

Fultz was the No. 1 pick in the 2017 NBA Draft
Fultz's shooting woes became apparent during the preseason, and Fultz was shut down just four games into the season. Colangelo said Friday that Fultz is currently limited to shooting from within the free throw lane and isn't attempting shots from the perimeter.
spree#8
Likes given: 540

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2239 ... team-trade

Derrick Rose been waived by the Jazz. Wizards expected to court him.
#knickstape
thewatcher
Likes given: 2608

Cavs look much better
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
taowave

Thats some lineup the Bronnies trotted out there..

He and IT were an awful pairing

thewatcher wrote:Cavs look much better
shakespeare

What has really been going on with Markelle Fultz?
http://www.phillyvoice.com/what-has-rea ... -shot/amp/
#TeamTank
big_j_NY
Likes given: 1121

You know a team's garbage when Steve Kerr decides to take a break for the entire game and let the players coach themselves

[youtube]_HkJIEimUPA[/youtube]
thewatcher
Likes given: 2608

^^^ the arrogance of the warriors :sadno:
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
shakespeare

Gotta love Steve Kerr.
#TeamTank
taowave

Good find..crazy
shakespeare wrote:What has really been going on with Markelle Fultz?
http://www.phillyvoice.com/what-has-rea ... -shot/amp/
taowave

Love the Cleveland moves at the deadline..
Great job but Altman..

They are a completely new squad,much more. Athletic and really get after it on D..

When I watch Larry Nance,I can see why Kanter could easily be a bench player for us
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

watching the game last night, I couldn't help but notice that steven adams doesn't defensive rebound. Then they flashed a stat about him getting more O-Board than D-Boards. The cavs got so many second chance opportunities that led to daggers every time OKC tried to make a run.

There is no point in playing top level defense if you can't close a possession. They needed Kanter last night.
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
big_j_NY

H20Knick wrote:watching the game last night, I couldn't help but notice that steven adams doesn't defensive rebound. Then they flashed a stat about him getting more O-Board than D-Boards. The cavs got so many second chance opportunities that led to daggers every time OKC tried to make a run.

There is no point in playing top level defense if you can't close a possession. They needed Kanter last night.
That has always been Steven Adam's biggest flaw as a starting Center............why do you think Westbrook was able to get triple-doubles so easily these last 2 seasons?
H20Knick

big_j_NY wrote:
That has always been Steven Adam's biggest flaw as a starting Center............why do you think Westbrook was able to get triple-doubles so easily these last 2 seasons?
i honestly never noticed. it's a legitimate problem though

its also uncanny how much he looks like aquaman
In Thibs we trust.

big_j_NY

H20Knick wrote: i honestly never noticed. it's a legitimate problem though

its also uncanny how much he looks like aquaman
Adams' NBA 2K rating has always specified it.

His offensive rebounding is always listed with a 90+ attribute rating, while his defensive rebounding is usually 60 or lower.

Even though its a video game, the attributing rating system for the most recent NBA 2K games is heavily researched and scouted from actual previous NBA gameplay.
H20Knick

big_j_NY wrote:
Adams' NBA 2K rating has always specified it.

His offensive rebounding is always listed with a 90+ attribute rating, while his defensive rebounding is usually 60 or lower.

Even though its a video game, the attributing rating system for the most recent NBA 2K games is heavily researched and scouted from actual previous NBA gameplay.
J... why do you know the 2K ratings for steven adams... :LOL:
In Thibs we trust.