Knicks Summer League 2018

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

ISIAH_THOMAS
Likes given: 52

Hicks is trash cut him and sign a better player to westchetsr
Fxck Adam Silver
ISIAH_THOMAS

Man dotston should be dominating he has been booty
Fxck Adam Silver
taowave
Likes given: 817

Hicks is garbage,and agree on Dotson...
ISIAH_THOMAS

Knox went crazy in the third

U can see the potential

29pts 9 rebs needed 30
Fxck Adam Silver
StevoStarks
Likes given: 9

I like Troy Williams.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
Starbury3
Likes given: 0

ISIAH_THOMAS wrote:Hicks is trash cut him and sign a better player to westchetsr
He looks fat too. Don't like the offseason work ethic, injury or not.

Also, I like Troy Williams. :D
bobhait
Likes given: 62

can’t wait to see Knox in regular season games
sky’s the limit
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 160

Defense looked all over the place. MRob isn't the only one but he sure needs to work a ton on his positioning and he just commits dumb fouls. I want him to improve
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
Don Che

hicks and treir ....not a fan of either
thewatcher
Likes given: 2608

Trier took a game and a half to find his sea-legs, I saw him passthe ball as well. I don't blame the guy for stubbornly sticking to what he does best through his nervous NBA debut slump, he can light it up. He finally relaxed in the 2nd half, and following Knox's lead brought us alll the way back from 25 down in one quarter. It was electric. I keep Trier over Dotsun now. Trier has good size, and can rebound and play defense. His hesitation dribble is stunning.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
KRL
Likes given: 0

thewatcher wrote:Trier took a game and a half to find his sea-legs, I saw him passthe ball as well. I don't blame the guy for stubbornly sticking to what he does best through his nervous NBA debut slump, he can light it up. He finally relaxed in the 2nd half, and following Knox's lead brought us alll the way back from 25 down in one quarter. It was electric. I keep Trier over Dotsun now. Trier has good size, and can rebound and play defense.
Good observations, I don't understand why people are hating on Trier. He's a SG who was playing PG because
Ntilikina was out. He'll be a good fit off the bench once he gets his defensive awareness improved. Dotson
has been disappointing
StevoStarks

I don't either. I loved Trier as well. Instant offense and no fear either. I hope he makes the team. Definitely looked better than Dotson.

21 points on 8-13. 10 rebounds, 5 dimes and a steal. 1-3 from 3.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
Don Che

he should make the team and has outplayed Dot....but i dont like his flow of the game...everything he does seems force..passes he does always go late. if i just saw the stats id think one thing..but watching him...i see another.
StevoStarks

Don Che wrote:he should make the team and has outplayed Dot....but i dont like his flow of the game...everything he does seems force..passes he does always go late. if i just saw the stats id think one thing..but watching him...i see another.
I agree, but we're also analyzing in the framework of summer league. Let's see him in training camp with the vets and around Fiz and his staff. There's a ton of skill there so it's just honing it into a team concept.

This kid has fire and he's out to prove a lot of people wrong.
- Dr. Seuss

- taowave

- rynyk222
Don Che

yeh he's a killer...if he fixes his consistency a bit...can be a valueable bench guy...like a Gary Neal type.
StevoStarks

Don Che wrote:yeh he's a killer...if he fixes his consistency a bit...can be a valueable bench guy...like a Gary Neal type.
Yep! Or JR that one season he was dialed in, or Lou Williams, Eric Gordon, Jamal Crawford, Jason Terry like.
- Dr. Seuss

- taowave

- rynyk222
Don Che

only reason im ok with it...is because we actually have semblence of a core...think about it this way.....there was a time that we drafted Landry Fields and Andy Rautins....and had to be happy about it.

GRASP THAT

you dont win in this league without getting a ton 1st rounders man

so yeh if Trier makes the team and fits a role that makes sense im all for it.

i just dont like how he moves the ball. Passing to him seems like a last resort.
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

Trier was a scoring guard, that's been his role in ncaa. He needs to polish his playmaking skills to become a combo guard, smooth out those ugly, rough edges as Don noted. The 2 way contract is perfect for him, let him grow his game. No doubt he will be a scorer in NBA, but he could be a pretty damn good player if his passing and decision-making were up to NBA grade.
StevoStarks

cragganmor wrote:Trier was a scoring guard, that's been his role in ncaa. He needs to polish his playmaking skills to become a combo guard, smooth out those ugly, rough edges as Don noted. The 2 way contract is perfect for him, let him grow his game. No doubt he will be a scorer in NBA, but he could be a pretty damn good player if his passing and decision-making were up to NBA grade.
That's the goal.
- Dr. Seuss

- taowave

- rynyk222
cragganmor
Likes given: 93

Good vid showing one of Trier's problems as a guard, he picks up his dribble way too soon:

But having watched him in ncaa, he's not getting the same separation vs defenders. He has to adjust, develop a counter to get a shot/pass off.

One move he already has is a very nice step back j. Needs to figure out something driving to the cup, maybe a hesitation move or spin.