Jimmy Butler request trade (Knicks one of his preferred destinations)

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

Don Che
Likes given: 9

the only thing against Jimmy is age.

kyrie I have a lot more question Mark's and I have no issues not going for a max guy next summer.

this year is about 1. defense 2. establishing what young guys we keep 3. how far can they take us 4. moving our bigger contracts and invest in our young keepers. 5. pray KP comes back better than ever either this year or next.

free agency is on my agenda after the above things are settled
Red
Likes given: 0

Don Che wrote: this year is about
Finding a point guard before we have to buy an expensive one.
The Mecca of Mess
Don Che

I'd rather draft one.

also anyone that would leave that Boston team also makes me question what they are after in the first place.

he has 4 players that are all star caliber players.

there are just too many red flags
Don Che

the only max guys where things stand now are KD/Kawhi/AD(read somewhere hes a FA this year could be wrong) and Klay (that's def worth a a debate though)

Irving isn't in the same tier as those guys.
taowave
Likes given: 817

Irving is right up there,Butler isn't.ild paY a healthy Kryie over Klay 11 times out of 10..

Kyrie is a top tier max talent

Don Che wrote:the only max guys where things stand now are KD/Kawhi/AD(read somewhere hes a FA this year could be wrong) and Klay (that's def worth a a debate though)

Irving isn't in the same tier as those guys.
Don Che

I disagree 100%

I'm not putting Irving with KD/AD/Kawhi

Irving is a beast but when u can drop 25 and up and lock up ur on another level. Kyrie isnt there.

atleast we finally found something to disagree on. we got along for like 2 weeks lol
gradyandrew

Butler is one of 40 "top 20" players in the league and it shows. Minny has played this perfectly with their passive aggressive compliance with his trade request, stringing along Miami until changing the price at the last minute. Thibs sacrificed the future to compete with Jimmy today and has been brilliant by not pointing this out across the.media, instead letting long time teammates Taj and Derrick say that they support Jimmy's freedom of choice but really want him back to play.

Could be that this whole fiasco has been managed from the inside to bring Wiggins under control. Anyway, for those who think Thibs is overwhelmed wearing two hats, the fact that when the season begins he'll have Jimmy back in the fold and Wiggins questioning his role as lead shot taker should prove Stalins maxim that the art of diplomacy is saying one thing, while doing the opposite.
Randle in the Rafters
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 160

Haha great post !

Love the « 40 top 20 guys »

I don’t know if saying LaVine is anyone’s future was a joke but if it was, good one too!

And citing Stalin to top it off, just great :clap:
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
taowave
Likes given: 817

Would you put Westbrook there??

If not,what PG would you put in the top tier
Don Che wrote:I disagree 100%

I'm not putting Irving with KD/AD/Kawhi

Irving is a beast but when u can drop 25 and up and lock up ur on another level. Kyrie isnt there.

atleast we finally found something to disagree on. we got along for like 2 weeks lol
gradyandrew

NewlyKnicked wrote:Haha great post !

Love the « 40 top 20 guys »

I don’t know if saying LaVine is anyone’s future was a joke but if it was, good one too!

And citing Stalin to top it off, just great :clap:
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! We're here all week! Check out our latest CD inthe back.
Randle in the Rafters
spree#8
Likes given: 540

Via Wojnarowski: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2492 ... alls-apart
Butler has also expressed interest in several teams with max salary-cap space, including the LA Clippers, Brooklyn Nets and New York Knicks. The Clippers and Nets never found traction in conversations with Minnesota, and the Knicks never called, sources said.
Sticking to the plan. :thumbsup:
#knickstape
Don Che

Russ can be there if he took better shots and committed to getting the best shot for his team as possible.

the only PG i'd build a team around and would consider a max guy is Curry...just because hes the greatest shooter of all time and is a dam good passer also.

Kyrie is in the same level as Wall/Russ/Lillard in my book...are they beasts? 100% but do they carry me to the playoffs alone? Not so sure. Can you win a ring with them? Sure if the right pieces are with them like most talent.

Now any given night can those guys eat Curry alive?...yes but overall just as a weapon Curry is a killer with the ball...off the ball and his defense isnt as bad as ppl think...and none of these PG's are stoppers outside of maybe Wall and Russ when they want to be.

I am a huge Wall fan...even Russ but they aren't changing both sides of the floor like KD/AD/Kawhi/Lebron can
shakespeare

Asked what the Wolves are seeking, a Heat source said: “The first born of all our kids.”

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.miamiher ... 36970.html
Hilarious.
#TeamTank
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 160

:LOL:
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

This whole situation resonates really poorly with me. Kawhi started this shit, but at least he could claim an injury. It sets a bad precedent when players sit back and demand a trade. In the NFL, where contracts are non-guaranteed and you could end up a vegetable for the rest of your life, I can see it. But for fucks sakes dude just play your one more year in Minnesota and then go about your life. Thibs has more than just his own franchise at stake with how he handles this. We could live in a world where kristaps feels comfortable just saying "hey, i dont want to play here, trade me to LA" if thibs doesn't draw a hard line in the sand. Nobody forced the Wolves to give up all those assets to get Butler there, but they sure as shit shouldn't acquiesce to him again now.
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
Don Che

Jimmy said he'd play tho right? If he doesnt thats a legal situation.
shakespeare

H20Knick wrote:This whole situation resonates really poorly with me. It sets a bad precedent when players sit back and demand a trade.
Agreed. And I like Butler as a player. Kawhi, too. But it definitely leaves a very bad taste in one’s mouth. I understand Butler wants to get paid maximum monies, but does it really require all of this?

In Kawhi’s defense, I believe he just wanted to get away from Popovich. It wasn’t about the money with him.
#TeamTank
shakespeare

Don Che,

According to Sports Illustrated, Butler has once again demanded to be traded—and by the end of the week, at that:

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.si.com/n ... ws-updates
#TeamTank
StevoStarks

Minny is going to have to accept $.50 on the $1 and ship him out. He's a total prick because he could have gone to management behind the scenes and tried to make this happen quietly so as not to lower his trade price. I know it's a long shot keeping that quiet given social media and all of that, but he was just thinking about himself because he slept with KAT's girl and punched his ticket out.

I'd trade his ass to the Kings or Magic and let him waste a year on a bad team.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

"Woody was the perfect coach for these mutts."
- taowave

"Is he REALLY injured?? A part of me doesnt believe that he is and I think he's just being a bitch. Bitch-nani."
- rynyk222
nazrmohamed
Likes given: 246

H20Knick wrote:This whole situation resonates really poorly with me. Kawhi started this shit, but at least he could claim an injury. It sets a bad precedent when players sit back and demand a trade. In the NFL, where contracts are non-guaranteed and you could end up a vegetable for the rest of your life, I can see it. But for fucks sakes dude just play your one more year in Minnesota and then go about your life. Thibs has more than just his own franchise at stake with how he handles this. We could live in a world where kristaps feels comfortable just saying "hey, i dont want to play here, trade me to LA" if thibs doesn't draw a hard line in the sand. Nobody forced the Wolves to give up all those assets to get Butler there, but they sure as shit shouldn't acquiesce to him again now.
I don't mind it because at least your team gets back something. When they walk in FA you get literally nothing but space. But you're right, its tasteless. You got one more great, just suck it up