Final Preseason Game: Nets @ MSG Friday Oct 12 7:30PM ET

Discuss New York Knicks news, current events, players, and history.

Moderators: wallace044, rtn393, Irv

rebound
Likes given: 1104

frank
tim
kev
lance
enes

vs

russell
crabbe
levert
carroll
allen
TOM THIBODEAU'S NEW YORK KNICKS PRESENT:
HEROBALL. A STORY OF THE MID RANGE FADEAWAY JUMPER.
STARRING JALEN BUMSON AND DUBIOUS HANDLES.
ISIAH_THOMAS
Likes given: 52

well its time for the rotation guys to play In this game

The opening night strters should start
Fxck Adam Silver
gradyandrew
Likes given: 0

ISIAH_THOMAS wrote:well its time for the rotation guys to play In this game

The opening night strters should start
Hell yeah! Lets hope Enes plays along with Lee and Lance. I like the idea of us always having a hardnosed vet on the floor to settle down this young team, you tank-play-the-younglings posters be damned :LOL:

I want to see a 10 player rotation of:
Burke/ Trier
THJ/ Lee
Knox/ Frank
Lance/ Mario
Enes/ Mitch
Randle in the Rafters
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 160

Agree that we should play our rotation now. I'd add Vonleh and Baker to your proposed rotation

Is Lee coming back?
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
thewatcher
Likes given: 2626

guys we saw the Nilli-Tim backcourt last year, it was ugly, lead to bad shots, I don't need to see anymore of it. Either Burke or Trier need to be on the court at all times!! what's important for Nilli is playing time, not learning to play NBA PG on the fly, he's the future, but not at PG; luckily, for the first time in a long time, the coaching staff is doing EXACTLY what I would do lol :drunk:
n8 the gr8 wrote:
The first rule of NYKFP is you don't talk about NYKFP.
Don Che
Likes given: 9

Burke/Frank/Knox/Lance/Enes
Baker/Trier/Tim/Mario/Mitch
spree#8
Likes given: 540

NewlyKnicked wrote:Agree that we should play our rotation now. I'd add Vonleh and Baker to your proposed rotation

Is Lee coming back?
Not sure if he makes it for this game - seems unlikely, because they don't want to risk further injury and him being out for a long period - but once he is healthy, of course. Mudiay's rotation spot in real danger then...
#knickstape
Don Che

Mudiay playing over Baker based on the last couple games just doesnt seem right. and I'm not sure if I'm giving Baker a compliment or just mad at how bad Mudiay has looked
spree#8
Likes given: 540

Don Che wrote:Mudiay playing over Baker based on the last couple games just doesnt seem right. and I'm not sure if I'm giving Baker a compliment or just mad at how bad Mudiay has looked
Yeah, he didn't even play in the last game until the 4th quarter if I remember right. Hopefully a wake-up call that he has to show more. Still just 22 though, so hopefully he can improve. But as of now he is not in my ten men regular rotation.
#knickstape
Don Che

i'd start the year with this idea but at some point we all know that not all of these kids are making it on the island.

and at the right time itll be smart to let go of one just to remind everyone on the roster that you gotta show out and increase your level of play.

i'll take the L's but this is also a filtering process.

the fact that Mudiay is getting out played by Baker AND Trier with his level of talent is sad.
rebound
Likes given: 1104

thewatcher wrote:guys we saw the Nilli-Tim backcourt last year, it was ugly, lead to bad shots, I don't need to see anymore of it. Either Burke or Trier need to be on the court at all times!! what's important for Nilli is playing time, not learning to play NBA PG on the fly, he's the future, but not at PG; luckily, for the first time in a long time, the coaching staff is doing EXACTLY what I would do lol :drunk:
what if trier gets the start at pg for this game? :laugh:
TOM THIBODEAU'S NEW YORK KNICKS PRESENT:
HEROBALL. A STORY OF THE MID RANGE FADEAWAY JUMPER.
STARRING JALEN BUMSON AND DUBIOUS HANDLES.
thewatcher

It would be cool to give Trier a shot, but either way he seems like a Fiz favorite so I'm relaxed about him coming off the bench for a while.
n8 the gr8 wrote:
NewlyKnicked
Likes given: 160

spree#8 wrote:Not sure if he makes it for this game - seems unlikely, because they don't want to risk further injury and him being out for a long period - but once he is healthy, of course. Mudiay's rotation spot in real danger then...
I see Lee also taking quite a few min at SF as we are real thin there
2017 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2020 Co-NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
2021 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition Champion
NYGM
Likes given: 473

thewatcher wrote:guys we saw the Nilli-Tim backcourt last year, it was ugly, lead to bad shots, I don't need to see anymore of it. Either Burke or Trier need to be on the court at all times!! what's important for Nilli is playing time, not learning to play NBA PG on the fly, he's the future, but not at PG; luckily, for the first time in a long time, the coaching staff is doing EXACTLY what I would do lol :drunk:
Last year watcher.. This is 2018..
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

NYGM wrote:
Last year watcher.. This is 2018..
eh, the majority of the 2017-2018 season took place in 2018 though. It was really only 6 months ago.

I dont know what to do about this situation though. Burke would have to be great to make up for his size/defensive limitations, and he's not great. Trier is not a pg. Mudiay isn't going to make it in this league. I'd probably run combos of Burke/Tim and Frank/Trier, just to provide some sort of balance. Tim's a more well rounded SG, so he'll support Burke. Trier needs the ball in his handss

The knicks have 3 point guards and still don't have a point guard. There isn't one in the draft, and there isn't a transformational one in FA if Kyrie resigns with Boston. So all we can really do is keep working with Burke and Frank. I disagree with Watcher that Frank shouldn't be learning to play NBA PG on the fly. We don't really have a choice. But he doesn't need to learn it against starters. He can learn it from the bench with a ball dominant sidekick like Trier under less pressure. I do agree that Frank/Tim is an undynamic pairing, and not something I want to see more of until Frank takes a giant leap as a player.

Sorry mudiay, I wanted us to draft you, but you're not good enough and so you have to ride the pine.
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
thewatcher

Yes NYGM, and Frank has grown and gotten better, but they looked bad in the backcourt as recently as last game (albeit without Kanter); LOVE Frank, he could become a HOF at SG for all I know; but PG plays to his weaknesses. Also like Tim, who is creative on the break; but with Nili he becomes the defacto PG which isn't ideal. Start Trier at PG tomorrow, why not?
n8 the gr8 wrote:
H20Knick
Likes given: 3

thewatcher wrote:Yes NYGM, and Frank has grown and gotten better, but they looked bad in the backcourt as recently as last game (albeit without Kanter); LOVE Frank, he could become a HOF at SG for all I know; but PG plays to his weaknesses. Also like Tim, who is creative on the break; but with Nili he becomes the defacto PG which isn't ideal. Start Trier at PG tomorrow, why not?
because it'd be cool if the 4 other guys on the court had someone actively trying to make their offensive lives easier?
In Thibs we trust.

2018 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
2015 NYKFP Mock Lottery Competition CHAMPION
thewatcher

exactly H20; I don't believe Trier is the black-hole he is reputed to be, but he breaks down the defense off the dribble, that opens the game for THJ and Knox. It would take crazy balls for Fiz to try it friday night, but it would be fun!
n8 the gr8 wrote:
taowave
Likes given: 817

whats with the square peg in round hole approach to coaching????

Trier is a 2..guy has a scorers mentality

Fran better be a 1
thewatcher

You get bogged down with nomenclature Tao; feel free to call Trier a SG, and Frank the PG, the future starting backcourt of the championship Knicks!! :drunk:
n8 the gr8 wrote: